Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decimation

Reaction score
Seeker":393rj6wx said:
If I had bought that #11 jersey I'd be burning it right now.
worse than deon branch move.
Still have my Deon Branch jersey somewhere in my closet.. glad I didn't jump the gun on another mistake for a jersey.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Throwdown":1dhz2dzp said:
Can anyone really confirm he hasn't been on sideline? Just because we don't see him on the tv doesn't mean he isn't there.

I know but that's kinda my point. It's difficult to see him as a member of the team when you haven't really seen him in that capacity. I said in my post that he might be doing these things. I just think people might feel a little more empathy for him if they could see him doing those things.
And if he isn't doing those things well then that should be concerning in itself.

Basis4day

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1xutk3we said:
Throwdown":1xutk3we said:
Can anyone really confirm he hasn't been on sideline? Just because we don't see him on the tv doesn't mean he isn't there.

I know but that's kinda my point. It's difficult to see him as a member of the team when you haven't really seen him in that capacity. I said in my post that he might be doing these things. I just think people might feel a little more empathy for him if they could see him doing those things.
And if he isn't doing those things well then that should be concerning in itself.

I just assumed he was rehabbing his hip during game day.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Basis4day":1e28el2y said:
brimsalabim":1e28el2y said:
Throwdown":1e28el2y said:

I just assumed he was rehabbing his hip during game day.

Maybe he's fighting The Taliban?

mjwhitay

Reaction score
You guys are all RIGHT!!!! Our front office should NEVER go after a 25 year old game changer who's only ever been actually injured once in his career, because he's an injury risk. Hell, let's not even draft players any more because they might get injured.

You guys are ridiculous. What if this same exact injury and timeline happened to Sherman, or Thomas or Russell???? Would you be in here ripping them for not playing???? For just collecting a paycheck. Everyone in here knows about as much actual truth about this situation as the coffee table sitting next to me. I think it's weak to be calling someone a quitter and claiming he's just collecting his money without a single shred of proof. But the Vikings' fans said he's like this!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing when he got on the field and forced his way on the kickoff team.... He's a punk who's just coasting by on the sidelines, not wanting to play. What a primadonna.

Reading this forum makes my head hurt something fierce when someone mentions Percy Harvin

brimsalabim

Reaction score
In hind site heck no we shouldn't have signed Percy. We can say that NOW because we know he showed up injured day one and missed the entire regular season so we did not get what we needed out of the deal. It's stupid for you to make light of this but it also doesn't mean that the office was wrong to try. The move was a fail. It happend though so we can critique the move. It's okay. No need to get your panty's in a wad.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mjwhitay":1dg0eyad said:
What if this same exact injury and timeline happened to Sherman, or Thomas or Russell???? Would you be in here ripping them for not playing????

Not for Sherman. We didn't spend a first-round pick on him.

Much of Harvin's reputation comes from his fights with his coaching staff. Perhaps it's not intellectually honest to extend that stuff to the medical issues, but it didn't help either, and Harvin could have just, y'know, NOT been the one guy in the league to argue with his coaching staff that much.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
I'm glad we have him.
Godspeed on that recovery Percy.
I hope when you are ready, you will prove people wrong.

HansGruber

Reaction score
mjwhitay":sh15q1hx said:
You guys are all RIGHT!!!! Our front office should NEVER go after a 25 year old game changer who's only ever been actually injured once in his career, because he's an injury risk. Hell, let's not even draft players any more because they might get injured.

You guys are ridiculous. What if this same exact injury and timeline happened to Sherman, or Thomas or Russell???? Would you be in here ripping them for not playing???? For just collecting a paycheck. Everyone in here knows about as much actual truth about this situation as the coffee table sitting next to me. I think it's weak to be calling someone a quitter and claiming he's just collecting his money without a single shred of proof. But the Vikings' fans said he's like this!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing when he got on the field and forced his way on the kickoff team.... He's a punk who's just coasting by on the sidelines, not wanting to play. What a primadonna.

Reading this forum makes my head hurt something fierce when someone mentions Percy Harvin

1) He's been injured a whole helluva lot more than once. There were MANY games in Minny where he was a "starter", but ended up sitting out the second half due to pain. A Minny fan mentioned it on ESPN, so I checked it out and it's true. Most people have been looking at his stats and assuming starts meant he played a full game. Not so. This guy has been a quitter his entire time in Minnesota and that's why they traded him.

2) Do you really think Minnesota is stupid enough to trade away a superstar impact player? Nope. Everything they've traded us has been junk, just as advertised. The worst part is that they got CP out of the deal. Ugh. Just imagine if we had drafted him.

3) Sherman, Thomas and Russell have all made significant contributions to the team. In fact, they are the cornerstones of the team. Frankly, Harvin could quit next week (which he will), and we'd never miss him. He's not a Seahawk yet and he hasn't proven anything yet, other than that he doesn't play through pain.

Sorry your head hurts. Maybe Harvin can help you out, give you a referral. I hear his doc fixed up his migraines.

rsm650

Reaction score
Mjolnir":48mp2m16 said:
I'm glad we have him.

I agree. Rehabbing a hip probably isn't as easy as a shoulder or knee. I'm sure Harvin is dying to play; Pete just gave in and let him play Min and return a kick. It's not like Harvin wants to be sidelined. If he's not IR'd then we'll see him in the Super Bowl. Otherwise, he'll have next season and more to prove the haters and his former team wrong.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Mjolnir":p6qspt94 said:
I'm glad we have him.

We all hope that. It doesn't mean that we can't say that it was a bad move for us this year. We needed some one who could contribute 7 points in a few games a season, playoffs and superowl. To date he hasn't come close to that. So you could say that we did not choose wisely. Every one here hopes that Percy returns and lives up to the faith that our staff had in him when they traded for him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HansGruber":357hscvs said:
mjwhitay":357hscvs said:

1) He's been injured a whole helluva lot more than once. There were MANY games in Minny where he was a "starter", but ended up sitting out the second half due to pain. A Minny fan mentioned it on ESPN, so I checked it out and it's true. Most people have been looking at his stats and assuming starts meant he played a full game. Not so. This guy has been a quitter his entire time in Minnesota and that's why they traded him.

2) Do you really think Minnesota is stupid enough to trade away a superstar impact player? Nope. Everything they've traded us has been junk, just as advertised. The worst part is that they got CP out of the deal. Ugh. Just imagine if we had drafted him.

3) Sherman, Thomas and Russell have all made significant contributions to the team. In fact, they are the cornerstones of the team. Frankly, Harvin could quit next week (which he will), and we'd never miss him. He's not a Seahawk yet and he hasn't proven anything yet, other than that he doesn't play through pain.

Sorry your head hurts. Maybe Harvin can help you out, give you a referral. I hear his doc fixed up his migraines.

having lived in Minnesota during the Percy years I find your point 1 a vast exaggeration. you have no idea why he was traded. the one clear thing was it was him or Frasier and Ponder. Considering how long the Vikings rode Ponder I think we can make some fairly safe assumptions there.

I mean i dont want to stop your crusade against harvin and all those patient enough to see it out. you keep shouting into the wind brother. tell all not willing to drive Percy to the airport how naive we are being.

But ease up on all the assumptions about what happened in Minnesota. You'll find it far less controversial prior to the injury against the Seahawks then his time here. you can go internet search all you want, but this city loved Percy until he dressed down Ponder and Frasier and begged his way out of there. Up until the Seahawks game and the sudden rise of Corderelle Patterson they were debating whether Percy himself was right about both Ponder and Frasier and if the Vikings made a mistake.

Look, the trade in hindsight sucks. at the time you could argue it was too much to give up. the rest of it is assumption based on hindsight, all of which you continue to forward as fact.

anyways, on to Sunday.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
HansGruber":2tp789mb said:
mjwhitay":2tp789mb said:

I think the worst part about these threads is people literally making things up to support their argument. He MISSED ONE GAME before last season with anything other than migraines. And even then, he missed 2. He did get pulled from games. FOR MIGRAINES!!!!!!!!!! They fixed the migraines. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????

I don't see how it matters if he's played for us or not. You guys are just attacking an injured player. Calling someone a quitter without shred of evidence and everything you hear from people that know.....Not fans sitting on their couches... say he desperately wants to play. The idea that this guy, who is known as a flat out baller, doesnt want to play on a 12-3 ream with a chance to win the Super Bowl is completely asinine.

Stop with the Cordarrelle Patterson talk. Where were you all week 12 when he had done absolutely nothing? He would have had little impact outside of kick returns this year. Oh, and Percy isn't keeping us from signing anyone either, so don't make that argument.

My god, if he plays in the playoffs and helps us win a Super Bowl, you all need to eat a truckload of crow. If he doesn't, all of us rational people will chalk it up to a player getting injured, like you know, MANY do, and I'll be just as stoked to watch him with this offense next year.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just wanna point out that I don't have a Harvin jersey, so it will work out unlike when I got the Alexander and branch jerseys. God please break my destructive cycle, Bruce!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Mjolnir":1dn9id6m said:
I'm glad we have him.

Amazing, not a post from someone saying... I hate percy, bad move, can't wait to cut him next year.

getnasty

Reaction score
Look at the way the guy plays on the field before we call him a quitter. He's like a Marshawn at the WR position, he plays with a lot of heart and passion. Do you think Randy Moss when he was playing for Oakland put his head down and tries to run over Sherm last year, no he gets out of bounds every time. If you want to call him injury prone, I can see that. Lets hold off on the quitter talk though.

Will I

Reaction score
getnasty":gonzg5v7 said:
Look at the way the guy plays on the field before we call him a quitter. He's like a Marshawn at the WR position, he plays with a lot of heart and passion. Do you think Randy Moss when he was playing for Oakland put his head down and tries to run over Sherm last year, no he gets out of bounds every time. If you want to call him injury prone, I can see that. Lets hold off on the quitter talk though.

:13:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
getnasty":2oeqiz7b said:
Look at the way the guy plays on the field before we call him a quitter. .
fair enough. Wake me when he is on a field playing.
Look I understand that signing him may work out to be great move ....next year.
When evaluating his impact this season however well he really has had none.
There is no need to make it personal. He was injured before practice began. He tried to return for a practice or three and a few plays and then disappeared into the ether again. It is what it is. Zipo this season and hope for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts