Not Blue Enough

taco40

Reaction score
Dear Percy Harvin,
I wish you well. I hope you get that big fat playoff check at the end of the season because your previous team will have won a second championship. I can't imagine how tough it was watching your teammates play week in and week out while you healed from injury. I'm guessing that you're wishing you could be playing this week as well.
I remember hearing you say how awesome it was that your teammates kept encouraging you during that frustrating time during the 2013 season.
A good deal has happened since then. When it comes to how you repaid the guys that played with you by punching an alleged marriage-breaker and then disrespecting a team leader who, apparently didn't call your number every play. You took it as disrespect to you.
You still haven't matured. Maybe I should say hadn't because I'm hoping you've learned a good deal since then. Keep in mind that your former team's administration, at first reaction, didn't do you a good turn by releasing you so you could go where you wanted. They did, however, give you the opportunity to make a bad offense better. You might have, but the rumors still are that you'll go all out if you're the main target on a play, but if not, probably not. This isn't a desirable quality in one of the ultimate team games - football. I'm not one to believe rumors, However, when the same thing is repeated from many different directions, I tend to see a good deal of truth coming out.
After you left, a selfless player came back from injury. Bobby Wagner made his team better by never taking a play off when he was on the field. The players that lost a derisive teammate started playing, not for themselves, as your example appears to show, but for each other. A hulking punishing running back was devastated by your parting shots and your forced parting. It took awhile for him to recover from your negative influence. The jury is still out whether he has recovered. Many aren't really sure he's particularly mature himself. Yes, I get it, you both are under 30 so there's a long way to go for both of you. But you were quoted as saying your team leader, Russell Wilson, didn't have enough of the right color.
Right now, I'm pretty sure that you aren't the right color either. I'm glad you aren't wearing it, but I hope someday you can become blue and green enough, even if you will probably never get to wear those colors again. Unless, of course, you go online and purchase one of those #11 closeout jerseys on amazon.
Enjoy the NFC Championship today, Percy.