no more bags at NFL games.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1de3i5b4 said:
Here you guys go. You can all stop complaining now.

carry-on-jacket-for-gadgets.jpg

Personally, this makes no difference to me. I don't bring bags of things to games. Anything I bring fits in my pockets. My seats aren't covered. If I'm worried it might rain, a poncho fits nicely in my coat pocket. People talk about the weather changing, etc. You can still bring blankets, coats, etc. You just have to carry the stuff.

If anything, I don't mind this rule because it will only help speed up the ridiculously slow lines getting into the stadium. People already have to get wanded. Having to wait for all the bag people to have their bags checked really slows the flow of traffic down.

AND YOU CAN STILL USE CLEAR BAGS! So what's the big whoop? The fact that you now have to go buy a new bag? Here, let me help you. It's $5. Hope your kids can eat tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/Town-Country-4942 ... =clear+bag

51XSWKvDheL SX355

And regarding all the folks complaining about giving in to terrorists and freedom, etc. WOW. Give me a break. I'm perfectly fine with steps to improve security. When you honestly think about the potential for a mass scale attack at a sporting event, it's quite scary. So I have to be wanded and am limited to my pockets and hands when it comes to bringing stuff into the stadium. OH NO! What would the founding fathers think?!!! Sorry dudes. I'll gladly put up with that if it means lowering the chances of a bombing or shooting killing hundreds or thousands of people.

I am not a fan of Roger Goodell and most of his changes to the NFL. But this is far from something worth getting up in arms over.

Nope, can't use that clear bag..... new rules state the bag can be no larger than 12x6x12. Season ticket holders will get one, per an email I got today. Of course, like most other season ticket gifts, we'll get one per set of tickets most likely, instead of what we should be getting which is one gift per SEAT, so that's pretty much useless.

Riley12

Reaction score
Got an email today saying that Season Ticket Holders will be sent a compliant bag before the season starts. My guess would be one per account rather than one per seat. Oh, and the Pro Shop will conveniently have Seahawk-themed, compliant bags. Isn't that thoughtful.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Why is this on page 5? Y'all are way to attached to your bags. Who cares what you can bring in to the stadium, all you need is your voice.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":16xrktgs said:
Why is this on page 5? Y'all are way to attached to your bags. Who cares what you can bring in to the stadium, all you need is your voice.

Oh sit down!

Wait, you already do. :-\

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Bakergirl":1vqh875d said:
SeaTown81":1vqh875d said:
Here you guys go. You can all stop complaining now.

carry-on-jacket-for-gadgets.jpg

Personally, this makes no difference to me. I don't bring bags of things to games. Anything I bring fits in my pockets. My seats aren't covered. If I'm worried it might rain, a poncho fits nicely in my coat pocket. People talk about the weather changing, etc. You can still bring blankets, coats, etc. You just have to carry the stuff.

If anything, I don't mind this rule because it will only help speed up the ridiculously slow lines getting into the stadium. People already have to get wanded. Having to wait for all the bag people to have their bags checked really slows the flow of traffic down.

AND YOU CAN STILL USE CLEAR BAGS! So what's the big whoop? The fact that you now have to go buy a new bag? Here, let me help you. It's $5. Hope your kids can eat tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/Town-Country-4942 ... =clear+bag

51XSWKvDheL SX355

And regarding all the folks complaining about giving in to terrorists and freedom, etc. WOW. Give me a break. I'm perfectly fine with steps to improve security. When you honestly think about the potential for a mass scale attack at a sporting event, it's quite scary. So I have to be wanded and am limited to my pockets and hands when it comes to bringing stuff into the stadium. OH NO! What would the founding fathers think?!!! Sorry dudes. I'll gladly put up with that if it means lowering the chances of a bombing or shooting killing hundreds or thousands of people.

I am not a fan of Roger Goodell and most of his changes to the NFL. But this is far from something worth getting up in arms over.

The photo you posted is a perfect example of why this change is completely bogus. So people can't bring in bags okay, no problem now they just hide what ever they want in their clothing instead. It solves nothing. Look at the roadside bombers in the middle east for example, no one can see what they have until it's far too late. Someone bent on destruction can hide their weapon just as easily on their person as they can in a bag. The problem I have with this whole thing is they are doing it in the name of safety which is a sham to cover for their real intent to increase revenue off the fans who can no longer bring the items they will want or need from home. Of course you may disagree which is fine, but that's the way I feel about it.

Your body (which includes your coat) is wanded with a METAL DETECTOR. In the past, bags were not.

And for the record, the picture of the ridiculous, over the top, super coat was a JOKE.

I'm sorry. But this entire thread is the dumbest bitch fest I've seen on the internet in a while. And that includes people complaining about changed iPhone plugs and not understanding the Sopranos finale.

YOU ARE GOING TO A FOOTBALL GAME! All you're being told is you have to use a ceratin type of bag. GET OVER IT. People are acting like they are being forced to hike the Himalayas naked. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

olyfan63

Reaction score
*Edited for political opinion, which is not allowed in the main forum*

olyfan63

Reaction score
SeaTown81":oev8bjjd said:
I don't know why people always equate terrorism to anti-Americanism or outside foreign attackers. Sure, that stuff happens. But measures such as this protect just as much against random lunatics losing their minds and talking out a ton of people at once. The people who shot up the movie theater and elementary school were just local idiots. Same with the guy who shot up the coffee shop in Seattle. When you have a lot of people congregated in a concentrated area, it is nothing but irresponsible to not be doing everything possible to guard against such an attack.

RockHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2ia12cds said:
*edited for political opinion

Keep this in the PWR forum where it belongs. Anyone tries to further their political beliefs in this thread will be deleted immediately and given a warning.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Was looking for a Seahawks fishing vest and came up with zero results.

Now, I'll have to get a joe average blue or green one.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
bobk3333":3tocskxw said:
Unbelievable.

Terrorist attacks are real possibilities. It is not giving in to terrorists if you take action against them.

Extra rain gear and blankets can be carried or worn as long as they aren't in bags.

They didn't say how many 12x12x6 clear bags can be brought in; so if they are packed properly, you can probably figure out how to bring the same food you did before. (I don't bring food, so I don't remember the food rules.)

Bring extra bags (e.g. garbage bags) folded or stuffed into the 12x12x6 clear bags. Items like blankets, rain gear, food, etc. can be transferred into those bags after you get past security and enter the stadium.

Wear coats with large pockets if you need to carry extra stuff. Pockets are like bags, but they are legal.

Stop whining about every little reason you can find. Please cooperate. Don't be jerks and hold up the line for security checks for the rest of us.

Stadiums are likely places for dramatic terrorist attacks that would gain a lot of attention and I can't complain about measures taken to protect fans and players. What worries me are the 4th of July celebrations, where there are a lot more people and a lot less security in places already full of explosives and loud noises -- what better day to attack the United States than Independence Day?

ef all that. it's about the money. period.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ed5143ge said:

try taking two pre-teen girls to the game via the sounder train with NO bag of a decent size of any sort.

Our day starts at 9:45 when we leave the house and get to the station in Everett. The train comes at 10:30. Gets to the Clink at around 11:30. Game starts around 1. Game is over and we get back to the station , train departs around 5:30. Gets back to the station around 6:30. Get back home around 7. Oh. also do this in the fall/winter.

Going to the game is a 9:45 am to 7 pm adventure in the rain and cold with two pre-teen girls, myself, and my dad. doing it without at least 1 large bag/back of any sort is going to be challenging especially when we typically had 2.

The voice of the 12th man is a powerful thing but it's not going to provide or stow everything you need for a long day like this.