no more bags at NFL games.

The Radish

Reaction score
I have to admit I would be pretty pissed if I couldn't bring the Seahawks lap robe I purchased at the stadium several years ago. It saved our lives in cold weather a couple of times.

I think they are doing this rather than spend the money for proper bag searches of the fans. But like you say they are saving themselves moneys and hoping to raise the average $ a fan spends per game.

Be interesting is this isn't lessened a bit or changed prior to the start of the season.

:les:

p.s. if they are wanting to stop explosives they had better make us all not wear clothes, at least above the waist.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NYCoug":dbtydpdt said:
This practically ensures that there will no be women attending NFL games in the future.

Even on the nicest days, the few times that the better half comes with she brings a bag with blanket and food. She hasn't been to a game after October since the rainy 2006 Rams game anyways.

I never bring any bags myself. I am prepared with cargo shorts and rain coat covered by jersey anyways.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
They already search bags on the way in. And not allowing bags INTO the stadium isn't going to help what goes on outside the stadium.

I see now from the article

A secondary buffer area well outside the stadium will be established where security personnel will check for prohibited items or bags being carried toward the ballpark. Fans with prohibited bags will be turned away until they dispose of those bags. Stadium personnel are being encouraged to have approved bags on hand to give to fans, or to have a place outside the restricted areas to check items, so that fans can reclaim after games.

bobk3333

Reaction score
Unbelievable.

Terrorist attacks are real possibilities. It is not giving in to terrorists if you take action against them.

Extra rain gear and blankets can be carried or worn as long as they aren't in bags.

They didn't say how many 12x12x6 clear bags can be brought in; so if they are packed properly, you can probably figure out how to bring the same food you did before. (I don't bring food, so I don't remember the food rules.)

Bring extra bags (e.g. garbage bags) folded or stuffed into the 12x12x6 clear bags. Items like blankets, rain gear, food, etc. can be transferred into those bags after you get past security and enter the stadium.

Wear coats with large pockets if you need to carry extra stuff. Pockets are like bags, but they are legal.

Stop whining about every little reason you can find. Please cooperate. Don't be jerks and hold up the line for security checks for the rest of us.

Stadiums are likely places for dramatic terrorist attacks that would gain a lot of attention and I can't complain about measures taken to protect fans and players. What worries me are the 4th of July celebrations, where there are a lot more people and a lot less security in places already full of explosives and loud noises -- what better day to attack the United States than Independence Day?

The Radish

Reaction score
Well I can guarantee you a Seahawks lap robe folded just like it was when new will not go into a bag 12"x12"x6". Well it might if you crush the shit out it and maybe jump up and down.

I understand the needed extra security and have no problem with it if its done intelligently.

I've never taken food or drink into games but this isn't Miami they are going to have to make some concessions for warmth in Seattle in December. I've been to games in November & December when it was windy and cold and seen snow rarely and can tell you the wind is cold as hell in the uppers parts of the place.

both sides have to give a bit for more security not just the fans.

:les:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Digsbone":6ly38poq said:
It's a easy excuse for the NFL to make more money, has nothing to do with Saftey.
Shhhhhhh! We have a couple of Rog Goodell's "fluffers" on this site (they know who they are) if they see what you posted they are likely to get all red faced and throw a tantrum or 3.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2rjnkhde said:
And the year after that you'll be required to attend nude and submit to a full cavity search...

This will of course lead to all northern teams moving to Guatemala.

Brilliant.
Don't give that idiot Rog any dumb ideas, he'll take it and run with it.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
NYCoug":2rikq4t4 said:
This practically ensures that there will no be women attending NFL games in the future.
If we get a chance to go to a game HELL no will they take my small purse. Absolutely taking advantage of too many people living in fear. I agree with most of you it is more about money.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Kixkahn":1u38n2ky said:
NYCoug":1u38n2ky said:
If we get a chance to go to a game HELL no will they take my small purse. Absolutely taking advantage of too many people living in fear. I agree with most of you it is more about money.

Even airports make allowances for purses. If the NFL is planning to include women's handbags in their policy they are going to run into resistance.

Jville

Reaction score
Rei

Lots of outdoor weather and cargo carrying clothing available in Seattle. :th2thumbs:

Rei store seattle

Join the fun here >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.rei.com/[/urltargetblank]

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
LAMike1":sgde1rw1 said:
What I find even more offensive is that they're banning seat cushions. So the seat cushions I bought at the stadium last year I wouldn't even be able to bring into the stadium this year? Those were very convenient to have in the Hawks nest...

I don't like it. Ever since 9/11 they use the "security" line to justify everything when IMO, it's really about money. You get cold at a game? Now you'll have to buy a sweatshirt instead of use the blanket you bought. No more camera bags is a way of keeping anyone from taking any kind of high quality pictures... which are for sale on NFL.com. And of course now you won't be able to bring any snacks into the game... but they're available for purchase at the concession stand.

Greedy bastages. Security my azz...

Seat cushions?
Who sits nowadays besides JSeahawks?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1dkpggaf said:
LAMike1":1dkpggaf said:
What I find even more offensive is that they're banning seat cushions. So the seat cushions I bought at the stadium last year I wouldn't even be able to bring into the stadium this year? Those were very convenient to have in the Hawks nest...

I don't like it. Ever since 9/11 they use the "security" line to justify everything when IMO, it's really about money. You get cold at a game? Now you'll have to buy a sweatshirt instead of use the blanket you bought. No more camera bags is a way of keeping anyone from taking any kind of high quality pictures... which are for sale on NFL.com. And of course now you won't be able to bring any snacks into the game... but they're available for purchase at the concession stand.

Greedy bastages. Security my azz...

Seat cushions?
Who sits nowadays besides JSeahawks?

Real fans don't sit.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid new rule.

My wife and I always bring a backpack that has blankets/seat cushion, snacks, gloves, or whatever we feel we may need depending on the weather. So now what?

Riley12

Reaction score
I have no problem with the rule. I have used a small, clear plastic backpack since 9/11.

If I have something I truly want to hide, I shove it in a jacket pocket. The pat-downs at the stadium have always been a joke and,
with the exception of maybe the very first game of the season, will continue to be so, especially when the National Anthem is starting and
10000+ slow pokes are trying to get in and get to their seats.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This site is populated with a bunch of "sheeple"! If the NFL is so concerned about safety, why not just put up the airport X-Ray machines? IMO...it has more to do with bringing food into the stadium. This move simply dehumanizes each fan.