no more bags at NFL games.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nvenience/

"Fans will be encouraged to bring no bags of any kind to NFL stadiums. Starting with the 2013 preseason, only certain bags will be permitted.

Specifically, the bags must be clear, and they must be made of plastic, vinyl, or PVC. The dimensions may not exceed 12 inches by six inches by 12 inches. Alternatively, fans may bring a one-gallon Ziploc (product placement!) freezer bag."

sorta sucks. my dad and I usually take the sounder train down and it helps to have at least one bag between us to carry things.

plus when it gets cold I usually had a back pack with a blanket and other junk when the kids go to games with us.

I thought the NFL was trying to stay competitive with the home experience? How does disallowing bags help that?

I could see them limiting it a little but this seems a little much.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
NFL games are a HVT for Tangos. Saw this coming after The Boston marathon.

LAMike1

Reaction score
What I find even more offensive is that they're banning seat cushions. So the seat cushions I bought at the stadium last year I wouldn't even be able to bring into the stadium this year? Those were very convenient to have in the Hawks nest...

I don't like it. Ever since 9/11 they use the "security" line to justify everything when IMO, it's really about money. You get cold at a game? Now you'll have to buy a sweatshirt instead of use the blanket you bought. No more camera bags is a way of keeping anyone from taking any kind of high quality pictures... which are for sale on NFL.com. And of course now you won't be able to bring any snacks into the game... but they're available for purchase at the concession stand.

Greedy bastages. Security my azz...

NYCoug

Reaction score
This practically ensures that there will no be women attending NFL games in the future.

Reaction score
This is a short-sited rule that will be altered by the time that we get to the season. There's simply no way that it will work as they have defined it - NYCoug's post also says a lot - There's at least a few days a month that a woman wouldn't likely want to attend a game if she's going to have to show the world in a clear plastic bag what she's carrying for that time of the month. As to chukarhawk's post - that may be the case, but there's a fundamental difference between an NFL game and the Boston Marathon - Bag checks are done before entry - No way those guys could have smuggled those devices into an NFL stadium. This moves smacks of shortsightedness and greed to me :(

Jase

Reaction score
And the terrorists continue to win. Shameful.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
I hate this. I take the ferry over early so I like to pack some extra gear in case of changes in the weather.

That and I bring stuff for tailgating.

Throwdown

Reaction score
So instead of paper bags, we get to see opposing fans put a plastic bag on their heads? God please let the 9ers suck something serious!!!

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
And the year after that you'll be required to attend nude and submit to a full cavity search...

This will of course lead to all northern teams moving to Guatemala.

Brilliant.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Good. This is long overdue. Stadium security has always seemed pretty lax to me.

Last year I was rushing directly from the Seahawks-Vikes game to SEATAC to HNL and they allowed me to bring a 32L backpack into the stadium.

I was kind of surprised by that.

12evanf

Reaction score
Sacrificing freedom in the name of freedom... doesn't make a lot of sense. Anyway, just bring a small backpack and stuff it inside a 1 gallon plastic bag.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LAMike1":17zk87wv said:
What I find even more offensive is that they're banning seat cushions. So the seat cushions I bought at the stadium last year I wouldn't even be able to bring into the stadium this year? .

You sit down? In The Hawk's Nest? During games?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Digsbone":36fr0eop said:
It's a easy excuse for the NFL to make more money, has nothing to do with Saftey.

I'm not usually into conspiracy theories, but in this case I agree 100%.

drdiags

Reaction score
A smart angle for those game day vendors would be to have some gameday lockers for rent. Doesn't answer the concerns about blankets stowed away until needed or other electronics carried in a backpack/knapsack, but the ferry riders would have an option. Of course, were would you find the floor space and covered facility to make folks feel secure in leaving their stuff in a locker? Just a hair brain idea.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":43svglpg said:
Digsbone":43svglpg said:
It's a easy excuse for the NFL to make more money, has nothing to do with Saftey.

I'm not usually into conspiracy theories, but in this case I agree 100%.

Same here. A move dreamed up by the "ways to rape more money out of our fanbase" committee than something decided by their security consultant...

muxpux

Reaction score
so women are supposed to leave their purses in the cars? yeah, theyll love that.

wonder if i can get a business license for a "bag check" outside the stadium. haha

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Hawknballs":207p5gp7 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/league-alters-bag-policy-for-safety-convenience/

"Fans will be encouraged to bring no bags of any kind to NFL stadiums. Starting with the 2013 preseason, only certain bags will be permitted.

Specifically, the bags must be clear, and they must be made of plastic, vinyl, or PVC. The dimensions may not exceed 12 inches by six inches by 12 inches. Alternatively, fans may bring a one-gallon Ziploc (product placement!) freezer bag."

sorta sucks. my dad and I usually take the sounder train down and it helps to have at least one bag between us to carry things.

plus when it gets cold I usually had a back pack with a blanket and other junk when the kids go to games with us.

I thought the NFL was trying to stay competitive with the home experience? How does disallowing bags help that?

I could see them limiting it a little but this seems a little much.
So latex condoms are okay?

Latest posts