no more bags at NFL games.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2pzky3op said:
So how does this help, everyone going to be stuffing shit in their coats and nobody's checking bags. No coats then?
More domestic surveillance? May not make sense today but it could ten years from now.
Can't wait for the day everyones shoving coats up their assess on the way to security. Oh what a free country that will be. Suppose I'll be at home staying safe buy that time.

When you enter the stadium, you are wanded with a metal detector. The amount of crap in your coat or pockets does not change this process. Well, I guess unless you got a ton of metal objects on you, which would mean you have to take more stuff out of your pockets. But now we're getting into silly levels of nit-picking. This is no different.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Here's something nobody here has pointed out yet. The bag checking process as it current stands IS NOT VERY GOOD. I have friends who constantly are smuggling in booze into games by sticking their flasks in secret pockets or compartments in their bags. The workers checking bags making near minimum wage aren't exactly the TSA (Not that that's a super lofty standard to begin with). Those guys don't go above and beyond checking every single inch of one's bag. If my friends can smuggle in their metal flasks, I'm sure some dude can get bomb components in. Again, I'm sorry some people here can't handle having to use a see-through bag. But it's a small price to pay, if you ask me.

grizbob

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: I'm all for security until it turns into an inconvenience, then to hell with it :sarcasm_off: :stirthepot:

The Radish

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2c3bt5xn said:
Here's something nobody here has pointed out yet. The bag checking process as it current stands IS NOT VERY GOOD. I have friends who constantly are smuggling in booze into games by sticking their flasks in secret pockets or compartments in their bags. The workers checking bags making near minimum wage aren't exactly the TSA (Not that that's a super lofty standard to begin with). Those guys don't go above and beyond checking every single inch of one's bag. If my friends can smuggle in their metal flasks, I'm sure some dude can get bomb components in. Again, I'm sorry some people here can't handle having to use a see-through bag. But it's a small price to pay, if you ask me.

One rule change needed is see through bras so their sizes within can be honestly checked out.

:lol:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
People lined up like cows to get through security are much more vulnerable to lunatics than fans in the stadium. Think about that.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2v01hel6 said:
People lined up like cows to get through security are much more vulnerable to lunatics than fans in the stadium. Think about that.

Not the way I'd do it.

See. The way I would do it is <redacted by NSA>. And then after the initial <redacted by NSA>, the ensuing pandemonium and chaos would create the perfect cover and opportunity to <redacted by NSA>.

But, thankfully, we fought them over there so we wouldnt have to fight them over here.

Hunter S Thompson was CORRECT. Only days after 9/11, he predicted we would all be goose stepping downtown Main Street to the tune of Endless War in our lifetimes.

Translucent Bags? FirstWorldProblems.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1250751

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":p15qj73i said:
ClumsyLurk":p15qj73i said:
So how does this help, everyone going to be stuffing shit in their coats and nobody's checking bags. No coats then?
More domestic surveillance? May not make sense today but it could ten years from now.
Can't wait for the day everyones shoving coats up their assess on the way to security. Oh what a free country that will be. Suppose I'll be at home staying safe buy that time.

When you enter the stadium, you are wanded with a metal detector. The amount of crap in your coat or pockets does not change this process. Well, I guess unless you got a ton of metal objects on you, which would mean you have to take more stuff out of your pockets. But now we're getting into silly levels of nit-picking. This is no different.
Then wand the bags right? We're not really any safer, just more inconvenced on a large scale.

Riley12

Reaction score
SeaTown81":xxbfh537 said:
Here's something nobody here has pointed out yet. The bag checking process as it current stands IS NOT VERY GOOD.

Ahem. I suppose you have me on Ignore then. Did I not say how worthless security is? It tightens up near the first regular
season game but then goes back to the same old-same old a couple of weeks later.

warden

Reaction score
The E-mail that I received from the Seahawks and the No Fun League

Dear Seahawks Season Ticket Holder,

We announced a new policy yesterday in partnership with the NFL and the other 31 teams to provide a safer environment and significantly expedite fan entry into NFL stadiums on game day. The policy limits the size and type of bags that you will be able bring into CenturyLink Field.

We will provide an approved vinyl bag to all season ticket holders to help adjust to the new policy and provide clear guidelines on what is permissible to bring into the stadium.

This proactive measure will enhance safety inside and outside the stadium and speed the security screening process for all Seahawks fans.

Starting at the Seahawks first home preseason game on Saturday, August 17 and throughout the season, fans may carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container into CenturyLink Field or when approaching lines of fans awaiting entry.

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” A variety of Seahawks branded clear plastic tote bags will be available through the Pro Shop or at NFLShop.com
One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).

Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.

An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

In recent years the Seahawks have enhanced its already comprehensive safety plans with additional measures such as pat downs, bag checks and hand held metal detectors.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Look at us. Isn't it great to see how 9/11 united this country?

LMAO!!!!

Bakergirl

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1teo70yj said:
Here you guys go. You can all stop complaining now.

carry-on-jacket-for-gadgets.jpg

Personally, this makes no difference to me. I don't bring bags of things to games. Anything I bring fits in my pockets. My seats aren't covered. If I'm worried it might rain, a poncho fits nicely in my coat pocket. People talk about the weather changing, etc. You can still bring blankets, coats, etc. You just have to carry the stuff.

If anything, I don't mind this rule because it will only help speed up the ridiculously slow lines getting into the stadium. People already have to get wanded. Having to wait for all the bag people to have their bags checked really slows the flow of traffic down.

AND YOU CAN STILL USE CLEAR BAGS! So what's the big whoop? The fact that you now have to go buy a new bag? Here, let me help you. It's $5. Hope your kids can eat tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/Town-Country-4942 ... =clear+bag

51XSWKvDheL SX355

And regarding all the folks complaining about giving in to terrorists and freedom, etc. WOW. Give me a break. I'm perfectly fine with steps to improve security. When you honestly think about the potential for a mass scale attack at a sporting event, it's quite scary. So I have to be wanded and am limited to my pockets and hands when it comes to bringing stuff into the stadium. OH NO! What would the founding fathers think?!!! Sorry dudes. I'll gladly put up with that if it means lowering the chances of a bombing or shooting killing hundreds or thousands of people.

I am not a fan of Roger Goodell and most of his changes to the NFL. But this is far from something worth getting up in arms over.

The photo you posted is a perfect example of why this change is completely bogus. So people can't bring in bags okay, no problem now they just hide what ever they want in their clothing instead. It solves nothing. Look at the roadside bombers in the middle east for example, no one can see what they have until it's far too late. Someone bent on destruction can hide their weapon just as easily on their person as they can in a bag. The problem I have with this whole thing is they are doing it in the name of safety which is a sham to cover for their real intent to increase revenue off the fans who can no longer bring the items they will want or need from home. Of course you may disagree which is fine, but that's the way I feel about it.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
From Rockets link, apparently backpacks have been prohibited since september 2001.

"November 2001, the NFL issued its Best Practices for Stadium Security. The central components specific to security checkpoint procedures were: 1) Continue current search criteria, including the prohibition of coolers, backpacks, large bags, explosives and weapons; and 2) Ensure adequate staff is available at gates to efficiently handle the inspections. Search all items allowed into the stadium and pat down coats and visually inspect outer clothing."

I guess now they're just enforcing that 'reccomendation'

warden

Reaction score
The comment in the article "just bring your wallets" explains it all

TaterHawk

Reaction score
I’m all for security enhancement if it makes sense. This one don’t pass the sniff test. I carry (or did) a small backpack to games. Rain gear, asthma meds, gloves, hand warmers, cap, binoculars, a towel (handy for wet seats) phone, season ticket book, ear plugs ..etc. I never forgot anything as it was the ‘game pack’ grab and go. I handed out many hand warmers to freezing kids this last season, and got the water off more than one person’s seat for them. If I purchased anything it went in the pack.. I would open every zipper and pocket while in line. It took security literally 5 seconds to check it good and I was on my way. Now I never forgot anything this way so I did not have to purchase the NFL rain poncho, gloves, towel, stocking cap etc. If you had to search two people with the same items one on their person and in their hands or ‘clear plastic bag’, and one with an opened pack or purse …it takes the same f..ing amount of time, and neither presents more security risk than the other.

It’s a horse shit move by the NFL taking advantage of recent events (timely so less objection) to make more money (we are talking millions $$$) simple as that.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Isn't it a bit ironic that we. the spectators, are watching a game where the participants are trying to "knock their opponent into the next county" via concussions, broken bones or whatever, yet the NFL is supposedly worried about the fans getting hurt with some kind of "bomb"?

I would suspect that there is a far greater probability of getting killed by lightening than for a terrorist attack at Seahawks Stadium! If my fellow posters and fans live in that kind of fear, then they shouldn't even venture outside their house!

To explain this further would require that I get into "politics" ....and that would really piss off some folk!

Latest posts