no more bags at NFL games.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1lpk1mwo said:
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid new rule.

My wife and I always bring a backpack that has blankets/seat cushion, snacks, gloves, or whatever we feel we may need depending on the weather. So now what?

Exactly, the wife is a bit pissed. We'll have to figure out something, but I'm pissed they're making us.

Hey NFL, you know that big issue you're starting to see where fans are choosing to watch at home rather than the stadium? This isn't helping.

Riley12

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":193aadva said:
why not just put up the airport X-Ray machines?

Hush your mouth! I, for one, love my free groping.

The security guys really get into it if you give them a couple of breathless moans.

muxpux

Reaction score
i admit, ive snuck a pint in before, tucked into my belt, with a coat on over. no bags for me! haha

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RockHawk":36f0rj75 said:
Aros":36f0rj75 said:

My wife and I always bring a backpack that has blankets/seat cushion, snacks, gloves, or whatever we feel we may need depending on the weather. So now what?

Exactly, the wife is a bit pissed. We'll have to figure out something, but I'm pissed they're making us.

Hey NFL, you know that big issue you're starting to see where fans are choosing to watch at home rather than the stadium? This isn't helping.

I am sure you guys can pack all yer stuff into that big olé dolphin coat she wears.

pehawk

Reaction score
Riley12's on fire this afternoon/evening.

Thanks you, sir!

The Radish

Reaction score
RockHawk":37gg0yzt said:
Aros":37gg0yzt said:

Here's the age old rule coming into effect,,,,,"If Momma ain't happy no ones happy".

So you idiots at the NFL want to make woman stay home? And that will mean some guys won't go........

warden

Reaction score
I wonder if a diaper would fit in one of those freezer bags.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Class-Action lawsuit anyone?

WTH...... I LOVE the NFL product. I hate what the league is doing to the fans. We are a frikken cold-weather stadium! Where the hell are we supposed to put things now. This is o stupid!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Wow.

Sounds like there is more opposition to this than the Iraq Invasion and Afghanistan Involvement.

Nice.

Way to take a stand, guys.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
bobk3333":c46w9hn8 said:
Unbelievable.

Terrorist attacks are real possibilities. It is not giving in to terrorists if you take action against them.

Extra rain gear and blankets can be carried or worn as long as they aren't in bags.

They didn't say how many 12x12x6 clear bags can be brought in; so if they are packed properly, you can probably figure out how to bring the same food you did before. (I don't bring food, so I don't remember the food rules.)

Bring extra bags (e.g. garbage bags) folded or stuffed into the 12x12x6 clear bags. Items like blankets, rain gear, food, etc. can be transferred into those bags after you get past security and enter the stadium.

Wear coats with large pockets if you need to carry extra stuff. Pockets are like bags, but they are legal.

Stop whining about every little reason you can find. Please cooperate. Don't be jerks and hold up the line for security checks for the rest of us.

Stadiums are likely places for dramatic terrorist attacks that would gain a lot of attention and I can't complain about measures taken to protect fans and players. What worries me are the 4th of July celebrations, where there are a lot more people and a lot less security in places already full of explosives and loud noises -- what better day to attack the United States than Independence Day?

The article linked states there is a limit of one clear bag per fan.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Here you guys go. You can all stop complaining now.

carry-on-jacket-for-gadgets.jpg

Personally, this makes no difference to me. I don't bring bags of things to games. Anything I bring fits in my pockets. My seats aren't covered. If I'm worried it might rain, a poncho fits nicely in my coat pocket. People talk about the weather changing, etc. You can still bring blankets, coats, etc. You just have to carry the stuff.

If anything, I don't mind this rule because it will only help speed up the ridiculously slow lines getting into the stadium. People already have to get wanded. Having to wait for all the bag people to have their bags checked really slows the flow of traffic down.

AND YOU CAN STILL USE CLEAR BAGS! So what's the big whoop? The fact that you now have to go buy a new bag? Here, let me help you. It's $5. Hope your kids can eat tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/Town-Country-4942 ... =clear+bag

51XSWKvDheL SX355

And regarding all the folks complaining about giving in to terrorists and freedom, etc. WOW. Give me a break. I'm perfectly fine with steps to improve security. When you honestly think about the potential for a mass scale attack at a sporting event, it's quite scary. So I have to be wanded and am limited to my pockets and hands when it comes to bringing stuff into the stadium. OH NO! What would the founding fathers think?!!! Sorry dudes. I'll gladly put up with that if it means lowering the chances of a bombing or shooting killing hundreds or thousands of people.

I am not a fan of Roger Goodell and most of his changes to the NFL. But this is far from something worth getting up in arms over.

tooshort

Reaction score
there's one side of me that says "who cares" those that love the hawks enough to make do, will do.

and another that says "If this kind of Anti terror measure is necessary then shouldn't open air stadiums with sight lines into the stadium from surrounding buildings either be required to block said sight lines or hire a security/police force to search and secure each and every vantage point into the stadium?"

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
tooshort":1670hkmv said:
there's one side of me that says "who cares" those that love the hawks enough to make do, will do.

and another that says "If this kind of Anti terror measure is necessary then shouldn't open air stadiums with sight lines into the stadium from surrounding buildings either be required to block said sight lines or hire a security/police force to search and secure each and every vantage point into the stadium?"
Brasky, that costs a lot of money. Besides, america haters are more into bombs anyway.

Fans are encouraged to purchase seat cushions and food inside. Security on one hand, economic stimulus on the other.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I don't know why people always equate terrorism to anti-Americanism or outside foreign attackers. Sure, that stuff happens. But measures such as this protect just as much against random lunatics losing their minds and talking out a ton of people at once. The people who shot up the movie theater and elementary school were just local idiots. Same with the guy who shot up the coffee shop in Seattle. When you have a lot of people congregated in a concentrated area, it is nothing but irresponsible to not be doing everything possible to guard against such an attack.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1h6iorau said:
I don't know why people always equate terrorism to anti-Americanism or outside foreign attackers. Sure, that stuff happens. But measures such as this protect just as much against random lunatics losing their minds and talking out a ton of people at once. The people who shot up the movie theater and elementary school were just local idiots. Same with the guy who shot up the coffee shop in Seattle. When you have a lot of people congregated in a concentrated area, it is nothing but irresponsible to not be doing everything possible to guard against such an attack.
So how does this help, everyone going to be stuffing shit in their coats and nobody's checking bags. No coats then?
More domestic surveillance? May not make sense today but it could ten years from now.
Can't wait for the day everyones shoving coats up their assess on the way to security. Oh what a free country that will be. Suppose I'll be at home staying safe buy that time.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":iq961f49 said:
Class-Action lawsuit anyone?

WTH...... I LOVE the NFL product. I hate what the league is doing to the fans. We are a frikken cold-weather stadium! Where the hell are we supposed to put things now. This is o stupid!
I hope you're kidding!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
This isnt a shock at all but, Im a huge fan of the plastic garbage bag at games.
It's saved me many many times.
Improvise, adapt, overcome. This will make smuggling harder and more fun.
It's like carrying a load of moon shine to the drop spot!

Anyone have a good line on parachute pants?