No Harbaugh extension until after season

Sherminator

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3fjfyp4q said:
Sherminator":3fjfyp4q said:
peachesenregalia":3fjfyp4q said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11293819/san-francisco-49ers-jim-harbaugh-table-contract-talks-season

Of course they're spinning it as being a mutual decision, but let's face facts here. Harbaugh wants to be the highest paid coach in the NFL, and the niners don't want to pay him unless he wins a ring, now it's obvious that neither side is going to back off from their position. If the niners don't win it all this year (they won't), then you'd have to say it's squeaky bum time.

Oh dear, 49ers fans.....oh dear.

I thought you might like to read this.
Research usually helps before you speak for other people. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-coach/

Is that article supposed to help your cause?

Help who's cause?
Maybe if you actually opened the link and read how what Harbs says is a direct contradiction of the OP take on the situation you might understand.

OP says Harbs wants to be paid like an SB winning coach
I got a link in which the man in question, Jim Harbaugh, says he doesn't

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sherminator":219ogopo said:
-The Glove-":219ogopo said:
Sherminator":219ogopo said:
peachesenregalia":219ogopo said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11293819/san-francisco-49ers-jim-harbaugh-table-contract-talks-season

Of course they're spinning it as being a mutual decision, but let's face facts here. Harbaugh wants to be the highest paid coach in the NFL, and the niners don't want to pay him unless he wins a ring, now it's obvious that neither side is going to back off from their position. If the niners don't win it all this year (they won't), then you'd have to say it's squeaky bum time.

Oh dear, 49ers fans.....oh dear.

I thought you might like to read this.
Research usually helps before you speak for other people. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-coach/

Is that article supposed to help your cause?

Help who's cause?
Maybe if you actually opened the link and read how what Harbs says is a direct contradiction of the OP take on the situation you might understand.

OP says Harbs wants to be paid like an SB winning coach
I got a link in which the man in question, Jim Harbaugh, says he doesn't

Of course, he says he doesn't. He wants money, just not that much money. Right

Sherminator

Reaction score
-The Glove-":nt2vunjn said:
Of course, he says he doesn't. He wants money, just not that much money. Right

Again you are missing the point.
There were reports claiming that Harbs said, "I want to be paid like a SB winning coach"
Doesn't include a specific #, just a general area or somewhat relevant to others who have won a SB.

The OP got sucked in to the Florio's (I'm assuming it was him because he starts about 99% of the BS) idiotic journalism.
I posted an article where Harbs claims he has never asked to be paid like a SB winning coach.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2ydl8rna said:
HansGruber":2ydl8rna said:
kearly":2ydl8rna said:
The first is that SF's FO is incredibly moronic...

You just hit the nail on the head. Jed York is some 13 year old putz that hasn't even hit puberty yet, has absolutely ZERO real-world experience running anything, and the only reason he's running a team is because his uncle is Eddie DeBartolo. It's hilarious. This child is running all aspects of the football team. Perhaps the only less qualified President/CEO in the NFL would be Al Davis and that's because he's dead.

That 13 year old putz has brought the 49ERS back to extreme relevance. They ve had 3 of the best seasons under his regime. He has been instrumental in cleaning up the former mess his father made and he single handidly brought the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in world to the bay area without question. No one thought it was possible to get a new stadium built in the bay area much less sign the deal he made with Levis which provides loads of cash. He did it. How you can argue that he isnt one of the premier owners in the league right now is ludicrus. Who really thought he was going to get Harbaugh? No one, but he did it. This young owner continues to do great things for the franchise. Now he is looking for the grand prize of a super bowl. It will happen

Well so much for your theory, early reports (from the bay area) are calling the stadium a dud. http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... m-is-a-dud

And if they are making so much more money, (100's of millions according to Marvin) then why are they squaking over a few million?

Like was said earlier also, why make Kaep's deal so easy to get out of? They either have no confidence in Kaep succeeding or believe he would fail without Jimmy. I think the reason Kaep signed it was because it was the only way he could get them to pay him like an elite QB. If he holds out for guaranteed money he ends up taking much less. Dumb move on his part and one I would fully expect an immature kid to take without considering the possible ramifications. It would be hilarious if Kaep faked a career ending injury and hamstrung the Niners and their cap for the full amount though.

Sherminator

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2tuwmyko said:
Bob loblaw":2tuwmyko said:
HansGruber":2tuwmyko said:
kearly":2tuwmyko said:
The first is that SF's FO is incredibly moronic...

You just hit the nail on the head. Jed York is some 13 year old putz that hasn't even hit puberty yet, has absolutely ZERO real-world experience running anything, and the only reason he's running a team is because his uncle is Eddie DeBartolo. It's hilarious. This child is running all aspects of the football team. Perhaps the only less qualified President/CEO in the NFL would be Al Davis and that's because he's dead.

That 13 year old putz has brought the 49ERS back to extreme relevance. They ve had 3 of the best seasons under his regime. He has been instrumental in cleaning up the former mess his father made and he single handidly brought the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in world to the bay area without question. No one thought it was possible to get a new stadium built in the bay area much less sign the deal he made with Levis which provides loads of cash. He did it. How you can argue that he isnt one of the premier owners in the league right now is ludicrus. Who really thought he was going to get Harbaugh? No one, but he did it. This young owner continues to do great things for the franchise. Now he is looking for the grand prize of a super bowl. It will happen

Well so much for your theory, early reports (from the bay area) are calling the stadium a dud. http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... m-is-a-dud

And if they are making so much more money, (100's of millions according to Marvin) then why are they squaking over a few million?

Like was said earlier also, why make Kaep's deal so easy to get out of? They either have no confidence in Kaep succeeding or believe he would fail without Jimmy. I think the reason Kaep signed it was because it was the only way he could get them to pay him like an elite QB. If he holds out for guaranteed money he ends up taking much less. Dumb move on his part and one I would fully expect an immature kid to take without considering the possible ramifications. It would be hilarious if Kaep faked a career ending injury and hamstrung the Niners and their cap for the full amount though.

Wow, lots of bias here lol.
You strike me as one of those fans who heard a piece of news from 1 source and automatically believes it to true without confirming it elsewhere.

Watch how easy this is,
I've heard the stadium is actually really cool, just needs a couple tweaks
http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfoot ... -from-fans

I also think Marshawn Lynch held out because he wants to retire but needs a reason to come back
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-fo ... o-new-deal

See how idiotic that makes me seem?

Lastly, Kaep has already come out and talked about the reasoning behind his contract, you can find the link for that lol. You better hope Wilson comes out and does the same thing, personally I hope he does.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
How is it bias? What, because I didn't get my information from a Niners fans approved reporters list? It's the first I have seen anyone comment on it and it doesn't shed positive light.

It might help to understand what Bias is. Bias is when you proclaim your new stadium as the most technologically advanced stadium the world has ever seen, as your bro did and without a shred of backing. I see you had no problem with his claims also. You know why? Because you are biased. Gee don't you look silly now? Of course you won't think so because again, your biased. Your not doing a very god job of changing anyone's mind on Niner fans either. Delusion seems to be at the base of every single Niner fact. Your posts only support that theory.

You also should consider Kaep has already proven he has no problem belching up misinformation. Some call that lying. I guess he fits right into your fan base doesn't he. Or did Crabtree actually get a 100 yards against Seattle? Uhm no. Why would you believe a word he says? His facts like yours are steeped in misinformation and hopeful delusion. Saying he took a deal to make room for others is just dumb. He still makes an average around 20 million a year unless they cut him. So his logic is to be cut to make room for others? Brilliant.

No Wilson won't even be offered an insulting contract like that because he deserves to be paid and there is zero doubt he will live up to his contract so no need to keep the option of cutting him. No intelligent QB is going to sign a contract like that and they shouldn't. It's a contract that says you haven proven anything yet. Obviously your FO doesn't have the same faith in Kaep you fans do. maybe there is some truth to all that captain one read stuff.

Sherminator

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2ncotdbh said:
How is it bias? What, because I didn't get my information from a Niners fans approved reporters list? It's the first I have seen anyone comment on it and it doesn't shed positive light.

Here is your positive light
http://inhabitat.com/levis-stadium-beco ... struction/
Educate yourself.

It might help to understand what Bias is. Bias is when you proclaim your new stadium as the most technologically advanced stadium the world has ever seen, as your bro did and without a shred of backing. I see you had no problem with his claims also. You know why? Because you are biased. Gee don't you look silly now? Of course you won't think so because again, your biased. Your not doing a very god job of changing anyone's mind on Niner fans either. Delusion seems to be at the base of every single Niner fact. Your posts only support that theory.

I know exactly what bias is, I also have yet to claim its the most technologically advanced stadium. It is the only gold certified LEED stadium, but do I think it is the most technologically advanced? No
I had more problems with your claims, I didn't feel the need to respond to two posters in the same post lol. I'm calling you out, not him. You're reaching at straws there buddy.
Also can you start using you're instead of your? It's making me feel like I am arguing with a 5th grader. Thanks

You also should consider Kaep has already proven he has no problem belching up misinformation. Some call that lying. I guess he fits right into your fan base doesn't he. Or did Crabtree actually get a 100 yards against Seattle? Uhm no. Why would you believe a word he says? His facts like yours are steeped in misinformation and hopeful delusion. Saying he took a deal to make room for others is just dumb. He still makes an average around 20 million a year unless they cut him. So his logic is to be cut to make room for others? Brilliant.

I should consider Kaep has no problem belching up misinformation? Hmm, according to you that claim was made without a "shred of backing" which according to your logic makes you biased.
Attacking my fan base now? Classy.
You're coming at me like you have this built up judgment of me as a niner fan. That my friend is bias.
Also saying he took a deal so we could keep people like Crabs and VD is not dumb, its what he said. I have verified information, you have your formulated opinions and biases built up from looking into things that aren't there. The deal is great for both sides, Kaep included. If he does amazing he gets paid, if he doesn't we are ok, both sides win. Thats what is meant when we call it a "team friendly deal".

No Wilson won't even be offered an insulting contract like that because he deserves to be paid and there is zero doubt he will live up to his contract so no need to keep the option of cutting him. No intelligent QB is going to sign a contract like that and they shouldn't. It's a contract that says you haven proven anything yet. Obviously your FO doesn't have the same faith in Kaep you fans do. maybe there is some truth to all that captain one read stuff.

Hahaha there is zero doubt? Bias. What if Wilson blows out his knee?
I'm going to remember that post and when he signs his deal, you'll be hearing from me. Are you making fun of Kaep's intelligence as compared to Wilson? I'm not going to go down that road.
2 NFC appearances with a SB appearance is proving something. Don't let your bias get in the way.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Shermanator says: I should consider Kaep has no problem belching up misinformation? Hmm, according to you that claim was made without a "shred of backing" which according to your logic makes you biased.

Are you saying he didn't say Crabs had a 100 yard game against Seattle?

Pretty much blows your entire post up right there. Not just a biased homer but apparently an uninformed biased homer. Nice job.

Sherminator

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3cepvojf said:
Shermanator says: I should consider Kaep has no problem belching up misinformation? Hmm, according to you that claim was made without a "shred of backing" which according to your logic makes you biased.

Are you saying he didn't say Crabs had a 100 yard game against Seattle?

Pretty much blows your entire post up right there. Not just a biased homer but apparently an uninformed biased homer. Nice job.

Lol where did I say that wasn't true?
Please, find that for me.

Are we going with the assumption that if something is ignored the other poster gets to decide for him?
I'd love to play that game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Russell will average no less than 23m/yr on a long term deal. I expect something like a 6-yr $140m deal with $60m guaranteed. Somewhere around there. And it'll be a bargain.

Kaepernick isn't in the same league as Wilson and the Niners know that and paid him accordingly. No way they offer a contract like that if they see him as equal to Wilson. Because if he was, his agent would have already fielded calls and knew he could get more on the open market. These agents aren't stupid. And there's no way they let their client take a deal that cuts out that kind of commission if there's one out there.

Of course, no Whiner fan will ever admit that because the truth hurts.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HansGruber":2e78cowz said:
Of course, no Whiner fan will ever admit that because the truth hurts.

In Bizarro World the truth is exactly the opposite of reality. It's back to the same offseason Niner fans always have. Always talking shit and never getting the hit.

chris98251

Reaction score
I find it totally amusing that the 49ers want to keep Crabs and VD, maybe I am just tired.

Also being LEEDS Certified is great we know all about tree huggers and environmental studies here in Seattle, doesn't do a damn thing for the fan experience and Football teams though.

I really hope you all love your new venue, it's very cool that you have one. Just don't try to rub it in our face, we have the most Dangerous Stadium for any opponent to come play in as far as trying to win. We are proud of it and don't plan on relinquishing it any time soon.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
chris98251":uylongro said:
I really hope you all love your new venue, it's very cool that you have one. Just don't try to rub it in our face, we have the most Dangerous Stadium for any opponent to come play in as far as trying to win. We are proud of it and don't plan on relinquishing it any time soon.

I am just frustrated that we don't have ownership with the resources and money to build super duper technology into The Clink. Levi's has an app! [/sarcasm]

:shock:

taco40

Reaction score
HansGruber":spy69o34 said:
Marvin49":spy69o34 said:
Scottemojo":spy69o34 said:
Who said it was the end of a contender?

Whether you admit it or not, you know that if Harbs had won SB 47, he would have taken the SB winning coach contract in a heartbeat, even with 3 years left on his current deal, any bad example for players with multiple years be damned.

Which makes it bullshit.

Who knows....

...I just think its funny that according to this site just about everything that happens in Santa Clara is ominous.
What's with 49er fans who always act surprised that Seahawk fans trash talk their team? Are they really that unaccustomed to having a winning team or are they just too mentally challenged to understand how rivalries work? Honest question

In answer to this, I need to refer you to the first post on the "Will anyone every dethrone Seattle",(or something like that).

I'm not going lie, it's been a tough summer listening to Seahawks fans run their mouths like they're the greatest thing ever. I can't ever recall a fan base that is so disrespectful and arrogant just because they finally won a championship.
(Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... TS7mI8F.99)
Since you gave a choice, I would pick that they are just too mentally challenged.

chris98251

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":11tw7r5f said:
chris98251":11tw7r5f said:

I am just frustrated that we don't have ownership with the resources and money to build super duper technology into The Clink. Levi's has an app! [/sarcasm]

:shock:

Well according to Broncos fans and players we are able to use high end technology to steal Mannings line signals because of Paul Allen, have to give and take I guess.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the spin zone to have a new banner graphic contest...

quest-for-six-part-four_zpsd890152d.png

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":36mj36hk said:
I'm still waiting for the spin zone to have a new banner graphic contest...

quest-for-six-part-four_zpsd890152d.png
They should have thrown a 300 by now with all those red X's if you go all the way back to the last one.
In bowling terms they have a "20 bagger" going! 8). I have a feeling they are going to throw a 900 or perfect series, 36 strikes in a row. 8)

Sigh......

At least Radish will get my terminology. :141847_bnono:

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ In all seriousness, if we don't win it, I think they do. They've won something like 41 games in the past three years and they're not a team that's just built for regular season success. It's amazing to me that they haven't paid Harbaugh. If I'm the owner, I pay the guy that's going to lead to wins and, perhaps, championships.

:pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":9n8ihv06 said:
^^ In all seriousness, if we don't win it, I think they do. They've won something like 41 games in the past three years and they're not a team that's just built for regular season success. It's amazing to me that they haven't paid Harbaugh. If I'm the owner, I pay the guy that's going to lead to wins and, perhaps, championships.

:pukeface:
Naw,
I think this is the year they take a step or two back.