No Harbaugh extension until after season

NorCal

Reaction score
chris98251":2yyd5ads said:
I find it totally amusing that the 49ers want to keep Crabs and VD, maybe I am just tired.

Also being LEEDS Certified is great we know all about tree huggers and environmental studies here in Seattle, doesn't do a damn thing for the fan experience and Football teams though.

I really hope you all love your new venue, it's very cool that you have one. Just don't try to rub it in our face, we have the most Dangerous Stadium for any opponent to come play in as far as trying to win. We are proud of it and don't plan on relinquishing it any time soon.

Yeah, I think the LEEDS certification was just part of the package they had to sell to get the stadium. Doesn't affect my gameday experience one bit.

You guys have a great stadium. I went once and was highly impressed. I think it is just 9er fans are finally happy to have a new stadium after so many years of waiting for one. As for rubbing it in your face, we can't really expect anything different on this site. At least between SF and SEA fans.

HansGruber

Reaction score
This season is really not looking good for the Niners. I mean, what's their plan at RB? You've got a really old Gore and what else? Some castoffs and rookies? And that defense has really taken a hit - from losses in the secondary to the loss of Dorsey. Then you've got a handful of guys, including your coach, unhappy with their contracts.

The 49ers are good for sure, but all those issues are going to have a cumulative impact.

Seattle's going to whoop their asses at home and at their new stadium. And I've already bought tickets to Mom Jeans Stadium down in San Jose so I can watch in person.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HansGruber":920mfd22 said:
This season is really not looking good for the Niners. I mean, what's their plan at RB? You've got a really old Gore and what else? Some castoffs and rookies? And that defense has really taken a hit - from losses in the secondary to the loss of Dorsey. Then you've got a handful of guys, including your coach, unhappy with their contracts.

The 49ers are good for sure, but all those issues are going to have a cumulative impact.

Seattle's going to whoop their asses at home and at their new stadium. And I've already bought tickets to Mom Jeans Stadium down in San Jose so I can watch in person.

I would like to believe that the Hawks will throttle the Niners in Santa Clara. There are a number of things that could play a factor in SF's success, injuries, suspension, experience, contracts and the like, but Harbs won't jack it up over money now. He needs the Niner team to be as successful as possible to get paid on his next deal (if there is a next deal) Of all of the potential issues the Niners face, I won't assume that a single one of them will impact the team until it actually does.

Defense does have some adversity to face, the offense is all on K-Choke. Gore is old, but he is still productive when he is not playing Seattle. I think if the Niners are going anywhere they need Harbaugh to be the coach, with K-Choke as his sidekick.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I think the game in Santa Clara is going to be interesting. I don't think the NFL really cares who wins the division but I do think they want to protect the rivalry and give the appearance of parity. If we are two games ahead coming into that game I expect we will see more calls like the Crabtree fumble last year and blatant missed calls against them. If they have a two game lead on us I think those calls go our way.

I do think for the team leading the division at that time to win it will be a blowout. That team will have to over come some bad calls at the worst possible times and dominate the game so convincingly the officials won't be able to affect the outcome.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Don't believe that the NFL messes with the refs. They're judged at the end of the season by how many bad calls they make, and this directly impacts if they get to ref postseason and the superbowl. Those games pay in the tens to hundreds of thousands per game for the veteran refs.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Laloosh":24efv277 said:
^^ In all seriousness, if we don't win it, I think they do. They've won something like 41 games in the past three years and they're not a team that's just built for regular season success. It's amazing to me that they haven't paid Harbaugh. If I'm the owner, I pay the guy that's going to lead to wins and, perhaps, championships.

:pukeface:

Listened to John Clayton Monday afternoon on the way home from an appointment in Seattle around 4:30. He stated he felt this year the Santa Clara Whiners would field their worst defense they've put on the field in the last 5-6 years because of suspensions and injuries. Now John Clayton could be dead wrong, but I sure hope he's right about this one. I would love to see the SC Whiners totally miss out on the post season this year. We can all dream, right?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HansGruber":1yt5sonc said:
Don't believe that the NFL messes with the refs. They're judged at the end of the season by how many bad calls they make, and this directly impacts if they get to ref postseason and the superbowl. Those games pay in the tens to hundreds of thousands per game for the veteran refs.

Yeah I am aware of that and the fact Mike Carey repeatedly made the playoffs as an official solidifies my theory. Remember the NFL is who decides if they are doing a good job or not. It is not some board of independents. If they are following the NFL's system they are favored for doing so. Another one to look at is Ed Hoculi. Mike Carey has more clout than Ed and that makes zero sense. How about "We kicked a few calls" Leavy?

Any question why the NFL was so adamant about getting the full time officials back after GB came out of the wrong side of a questionable call?

Is it a coincidence that the Colts led the league in gained yards due to penalties when the NFL seems so adamant about pushing Luck as the next savior?

It really just makes to much sense. The NFL is an entertainment industry and licensed as such just like WWE. They cannot be held accountable for fair play because of that. It is also a multi billion dollar industry that knows the importance of parity and rivalries. It would be almost dumb for them to not have some kind of influence.

If they didn't care about those things we would have more than one prime time home game and the one we got wasn't an option or we wouldn't have got that one either. Wouldn't it make more viewing sense to showcase the Bronco's game? They are throwing away a huge marketing event to avoid the world seeing another team they market as comparable getting demoralized on national TV. Why would they do that if Parity wasn't so important? Why isn't the Niners game in Seattle on prime time? It's because the last time they were we beat them senseless at 42-13. That is not good for trying to tell the world there is parity in the NFL and every team has an even chance.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it's fixed, but I do think the NFL provides a little assistance here and there to insure parity. There really is just to much evidence to ignore.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I think the Niners are just unproven behind Gore, but with a lot of talent at that position. Same with Seattle being unproven behind Lynch, but with some talent that looks really promising.

They churn out all-world LBs like we churn out all-world DBs, so I expect Skuta or whoever to come in and play somewhere near Bowman-level until Bowman gets back.

Their secondary, though...too many young guys that are still learning and average performers there. Cully is their best DB right now, which does not bode well. I think they can be had by taking the top off their defense.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RichNhansom":15tzmdno said:
Don't get me wrong. I don't think it's fixed, but I do think the NFL provides a little assistance here and there to insure parity. There really is just to much evidence to ignore.

I don't think it is fixed either, but I do think it is manipulated. It isn't necessarily direct, but games like the Colts game. Seattle on the way to 5-0 and winning 6 straight after that. The Hawks would have locked up the division if they won in SF, with 3 more games to play. That Crabtree fumble was HUGE in that game.

2014 is the first time in no less than 10 years that a SB winner didn't play multiple prime time games at home. Some had as many as 4 prime time games at home, with NE playing 8 prime time games at home in the 04-05 seasons, all of them.

The Hawks only get 1, only because they have to. Now that is manipulation.
Blowing out good teams at home in Prime Time has its price. Shit, the Hawks are 10-1 in Prime Time since Carroll took over, perfect at home.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hawks are fielding another great team. No doubt. Until proven otherwise they are the champs and will be the popular choice to repeat. Question I have is do you guys ever tire of playing the roll of the disrespected? Woe is me I'm a hawk fan we got screwed on a bunch of calls. Oh and we're Super Bowl champs. You should be proud that your team did not buckle under the pressure and played better than anyone. Not bitching about last years calls.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":35xorqju said:
Hawks are fielding another great team. No doubt. Until proven otherwise they are the champs and will be the popular choice to repeat. Question I have is do you guys ever tire of playing the roll of the disrespected? Woe is me I'm a hawk fan we got screwed on a bunch of calls. Oh and we're Super Bowl champs. You should be proud that your team did not buckle under the pressure and played better than anyone. Not bitching about last years calls.

I will talk about it every time a Niner fan discounts what the Hawks did because of calls.

To me it is more annoying when a fan of a winner says "oh well, so there was a bad call, we are the champs so suck it" (Steeler methodology)

I firmly believe that calls balance each other out over the course of a game, but I will surely discuss it when another fan claims they were jobbed because of a call.

Like the Bowman play. Clearly a fumble and a bad call. Not you, but many Niner fans kept it as a point of contention even though the Niners were not only awarded the ball, but in FAR better situation than on the 1 yard line in the Clink. When all I hear is about how the Niners lost because of the officials I will gladly reference the 3 other offsides penalties on Smith and McDonald that weren't called (I have images on my PC) one where Smith gets hard counted, comes fully across and the Hawks get called for false start because Kearse flinched when Smith came across. Insult to injury, but not nearly as insulting as losing Bowman AND the ball.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't have anything to say about it unless it is used as some fuel by someone else.

My question to you as a Niner fan is (and you are my favorite Niner fan by far) would you rather a Hawks fan reply to the DenialZoner post bitching about calls by saying "suck it, the Hawks won"? Or would you rather hear that the Niners lost a very competitive, intense game in the most hostile environment they could play in, where it can be proven that calls went both ways?

I personally don't feel like just dropping the "we won" line. It seems wrong for some reason. I suppose it doesn't matter, because a loyal WebZoner won't accept the loss as it is. Just like the Super Bowl and how the Hawks cheated their way to victory and robbed the Niners of their chance when they had one the previous year.

You are a rare breed in respect to football fans in general, not just Niner and Hawk fans. You just move on from the past and turn the page, I respect that a lot more than I have shown. A lot of MB members would benefit from that, myself included.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":1i4157i9 said:

What's up, rlkats?

Which posts did you find the most offensive in that regard? I'm curious because by comparison, the Niner boards seem to lean pretty heavy in the "Woe is me, I'm a digit fan and we got screwed on a bunch of calls and cheap shots" direction. Whereas many of the discussion on the topic around here seems to have more of a "bad calls went both ways and we won" vibe (to me).

Frankly, I don't think people are obsessing about it around here but it's been a topic of discussion. We can't be happy and discuss things other than how great we feel about winning XLVIII?

To quote a wise man: "Can't ever be too mad lmao"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Laloosh":hcgn0271 said:
rlkats":hcgn0271 said:

What's up, rlkats?

Which posts did you find the most offensive in that regard? I'm curious because by comparison, the Niner boards seem to lean pretty heavy in the "Woe is me, I'm a digit fan and we got screwed on a bunch of calls and cheap shots" direction. Whereas many of the discussion on the topic around here seems to have more of a "bad calls went both ways and we won" vibe (to me).

Yeah, they do.. but kats has consistently called them out for it in threads he participates in. I see his point, obviously we don't have anything to be pissed about because regardless of the crap from the Zebras. It didn't affect the course of the Hawks' goal.

I get what he is saying, but for me personally as long as the Zoners are talking about championships that weren't earned I will discuss the other side of the coin. Like this no prime time home game thing. That is an entirely legit beef in that as far back as I have checked it is unique for a SB champion.

Sort of like the Niners having 1 10AM game to the Hawks' 5. When a few of those games are in the same time zone as the Hawks going to Indy and Houston. A little odd no?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":15ojmy4s said:
Sourdough #49":15ojmy4s said:
Marvin why bother? By majority we are viewed as the equivalent of Satan worshipers and the 49ers the great Satan. Russell Wilson is the next coming of Jesus, and Pete and John can do no wrong. :pukeface:

I know. As I've said before... I enjoy the exchange. What can I say, I'm a masochist(sp?... Spell check on the fritz)

I thought there was to be only one evil Jedi and one Apprentice..I suppose they changed that one too. LMAO :twisted:

Sherminator

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3njyxl87 said:
I think the Niners are just unproven behind Gore, but with a lot of talent at that position. Same with Seattle being unproven behind Lynch, but with some talent that looks really promising.

They churn out all-world LBs like we churn out all-world DBs, so I expect Skuta or whoever to come in and play somewhere near Bowman-level until Bowman gets back.

Their secondary, though...too many young guys that are still learning and average performers there. Cully is their best DB right now, which does not bode well. I think they can be had by taking the top off their defense.

I think our secondary is going to surprise a lot of people (more wishful thinking than anything)
Id love to be a typical fan and sit here and tell you that I'm excited for Ward to come in and post about how great he is, but he's never played an NFL down.
I would also love to waste your time trying to tell you about how Cook is having a great TC so I expect it during the regular season, but I'm not an idiot.

Btw, our best CB is not Culliver, it's Brock. Based on his performance last year I am hoping he keeps that level of play up. Who knows? Maybe The Cowboy playing through that shoulder injury hampered him last year more than we thought and this year he is back? That could help out our secondary as well as the addition of Tank (see Ward argument)
But with the cowboy being 34 this could be the start (or middle) of the decline.

Lots of question marks for us going in, more so probably than on your side. Either way, with the coaching staff as strong as it is i expect some great games between us .
Good post Smelly

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Justin Smith turns 35 September 30th but I'm sure he will be dominant during preseason while he is still 34.

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3eod5iv2 said:
Laloosh":3eod5iv2 said:
rlkats":3eod5iv2 said:

What's up, rlkats?

Yeah, they do.. but kats has consistently called them out for it in threads he participates in. I see his point, obviously we don't have anything to be pissed about because regardless of the crap from the Zebras. It didn't affect the course of the Hawks' goal.

I get what he is saying, but for me personally as long as the Zoners are talking about championships that weren't earned I will discuss the other side of the coin. Like this no prime time home game thing. That is an entirely legit beef in that as far back as I have checked it is unique for a SB champion.

Sort of like the Niners having 1 10AM game to the Hawks' 5. When a few of those games are in the same time zone as the Hawks going to Indy and Houston. A little odd no?

Ya I'm not pissed. Just seems like sometimes fans get to wrapped up in the calls than the play. And the niner board do woe is me to much also. It wasn't one post that offended me. I'm not offended. I thought it was actually funny to still hear about bad calls from the refs. This is a good board with much less drama than most. And many level headed fans.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":2m6jj2bi said:
loafoftatupu":2m6jj2bi said:
Laloosh":2m6jj2bi said:
rlkats":2m6jj2bi said:

What's up, rlkats?

Ya I'm not pissed. Just seems like sometimes fans get to wrapped up in the calls than the play. And the niner board do woe is me to much also. It wasn't one post that offended me. I'm not offended. I thought it was actually funny to still hear about bad calls from the refs. This is a good board with much less drama than most. And many level headed fans.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that you were personally offended.

rlkats

Reaction score
I know laloosh were all good. I just wanted to clarify my last post.

Also deep down we all know the hawks don't stand a chance against the broken D line, to young of CB'S, old running back, captain choke QB, and most of all the master Jimbo. Lol :D

Here is to another season and thank god the off season is here. Good luck and here is to a heathy season.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RichNhansom":9kgym932 said:
HansGruber":9kgym932 said:

Yeah I am aware of that and the fact Mike Carey repeatedly made the playoffs as an official solidifies my theory. Remember the NFL is who decides if they are doing a good job or not. It is not some board of independents. If they are following the NFL's system they are favored for doing so. Another one to look at is Ed Hoculi. Mike Carey has more clout than Ed and that makes zero sense. How about "We kicked a few calls" Leavy?

Any question why the NFL was so adamant about getting the full time officials back after GB came out of the wrong side of a questionable call?

Is it a coincidence that the Colts led the league in gained yards due to penalties when the NFL seems so adamant about pushing Luck as the next savior?

It really just makes to much sense. The NFL is an entertainment industry and licensed as such just like WWE. They cannot be held accountable for fair play because of that. It is also a multi billion dollar industry that knows the importance of parity and rivalries. It would be almost dumb for them to not have some kind of influence.

If they didn't care about those things we would have more than one prime time home game and the one we got wasn't an option or we wouldn't have got that one either. Wouldn't it make more viewing sense to showcase the Bronco's game? They are throwing away a huge marketing event to avoid the world seeing another team they market as comparable getting demoralized on national TV. Why would they do that if Parity wasn't so important? Why isn't the Niners game in Seattle on prime time? It's because the last time they were we beat them senseless at 42-13. That is not good for trying to tell the world there is parity in the NFL and every team has an even chance.

No, it's a board of refs and NFL officials that judges the refs, according to Perreira. It was setup that way to prevent game fixing by the mob, etc. Further, do you really believe Vegas would look the other way if the NFL started fixing games? You're talking about billions in betting action