No Harbaugh extension until after season

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":319uda3k said:
Marvin49":319uda3k said:
-The Glove-":319uda3k said:
There's no reason at all to prolong an extension for a coach like Harbaugh. If you can't see that, you're incredibly delusional. Why would you flirt with potentially forcing him to look elsewhere for more money? Makes no sense

Which is why the Seahawks resigned Carroll with 2 years left on his deal.

Wait...wha?

Harbs has made no secret about wanting more money, and the niners aren't giving it to him. What's the reason?

I would wager it is because they aren't certain that he can be an effective coach without a roster stacked full of top 15 first round selections handed to him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3eahhzr0 said:
Marvin49":3eahhzr0 said:
-The Glove-":3eahhzr0 said:
There's no reason at all to prolong an extension for a coach like Harbaugh. If you can't see that, you're incredibly delusional. Why would you flirt with potentially forcing him to look elsewhere for more money? Makes no sense

Wait...wha?

Was Carroll publicly stating he wanted a new deal with more money? No, he wasn't. Was/is Harbaugh? Yes, he is. There's the difference, Martin. There's the difference.

Harbs has made no secret about wanting more money, and the niners aren't giving it to him. What's the reason?

Uh, no, he isn't. That's the media. Harbaugh hasn't said anything about it other than to recently say the topic had been shelved.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23111lkd said:
I'd say there's a little bit of smoke in regards to what we know publicly about it, but nowhere near enough to warrant pulling a fire alarm.

Some negative wishful thinking from the fans of your team's biggest rival, Marvin? To be expected. ;)

But of course. Still a source of comedy for me. :)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Harbaugh doesn't want more money. they've just been negotiating and cant come to an agreement because Harbaugh wants to finish out his contract first. What an honorable guy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":7m19rdco said:
Marvin49":7m19rdco said:
peachesenregalia":7m19rdco said:
Marvin49":7m19rdco said:

Wait...wha?

Was Carroll publicly stating he wanted a new deal with more money? No, he wasn't. Was/is Harbaugh? Yes, he is. There's the difference, Martin. There's the difference.

Uh, no, he isn't. That's the media. Harbaugh hasn't said anything about it other than to recently say the topic had been shelved.

LOL.

Deny, deflect, discredit. Keep on burying your head in the sand, Martin. I'm sure it'll work out for you in the end.

Please show me the quote where he is "making no secret of wanting more money".

Of course he does, but so did Carroll. The media are the ones talking about it. Harbaugh deflects the questions.

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":shx1qxap said:
Harbaugh doesn't want more money. they've just been negotiating and cant come to an agreement because Harbaugh wants to finish out his contract first. What an honorable guy.

Don't be silly. I'm not suggesting he doesn't want a raise. Of course he does.

There are several things at play though. He doesn't want to appear to be clamoring for it two years early because then players will start doing it as well...like say Vernon Davis or the currently holding out Alex Boone.

The dude still has 2 years left. They just set a definitive timeline for a few weeks after the season. If nothing happens, THEN there is some merit to the story.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Yeah, Harbaugh has only been making noise about wanting a new contract for over a year now, but that's just something that wishful Seahawks fans made up, along with the discussion of trading him to the Browns and the professional discord between he and Baalke.

Marvin and the other 49er fans who post here not only stick their heads in the sand because that's the only way they can be hopeful that the best coach they've had since Bill Walsh is not thinking about leaving SF, but they also are neurotic enough that they need to convince everyone else of it as well, especially Seahawk fans.

When I went to college, there was this crazy dude that would be on the college lawn telling everyone how they were going to hell. Girls would be going to hell for wearing skimpy clothing. Guys would be going to hell for looking at girls in skimpy clothing and having lascivious thoughts. He was one of those nutters. Anyway, he'd always draw a big crowd that would heckle him or play along with him because what the hell, we didn't know why this nutbar had chosen to come to us and start babbling like an insane man, but whatever.

Marvin and his 49er Defense Crew are analogous to that crazy dude. Entertaining, but strange.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3paysmlb said:
Yeah, Harbaugh has only been making noise about wanting a new contract for over a year now, but that's just something that wishful Seahawks fans made up, along with the discussion of trading him to the Browns and the professional discord between he and Baalke.

Marvin and the other 49er fans who post here not only stick their heads in the sand because that's the only way they can be hopeful that the best coach they've had since Bill Walsh is not thinking about leaving SF, but they also are neurotic enough that they need to convince everyone else of it as well, especially Seahawk fans.

When I went to college, there was this crazy dude that would be on the college lawn telling everyone how they were going to hell. Girls would be going to hell for wearing skimpy clothing. Guys would be going to hell for looking at girls in skimpy clothing and having lascivious thoughts. He was one of those nutters. Anyway, he'd always draw a big crowd that would heckle him or play along with him because what the hell, we didn't know why this nutbar had chosen to come to us and start babbling like an insane man, but whatever.

Marvin and his 49er Defense Crew are analogous to that crazy dude. Entertaining, but strange.

Sigh.

I have never thought I'd convince anyone of anything on this site. To be convinced, you have to have an open mind and a desire to allow yourself to be convinced.

For the most part, that doesn't exist here. That's no insult BTW because I don't think it exists on just about any NFL Fan forum.

Peeps here believe every single negative article they see and believe it as fact. They then say anything positive ever is just spin. If that is the way you view any "news" coming from a team, then you will ALWAYS draw the wrong conclusion.

All of the things you've reported above as fact are stories told by the media that have been debunked by the team. When the team does so you just call it spin...IE it's IMPOSSIBLE for any negative story to be refuted because you choose not to believe it when a story is shown to be BS.

All of that is OK too. Its the norm in fan forums. I don't come here to convince anyone. I say what I say because it fun to me to call out the BS for being exactly that.

Does Harbaugh want a new contract? Sure he does. Did the 49ers almost trade him to the Browns? No. Not close. York took the call, said he wasn't interested, asked Jim if it was something he was interested in, and Jim said he didn't even know what he was talking about. Is there tension between Baalke and Harbaugh? Probably. They both know tho that they are better together than apart.

You call it sticking my head in the sand. I call it not having my default position be that the Owner of the team and coach are simply liars. Jed has done NOTHING to not take him at his word. What would you say if Carroll said the exact same thing last year? You'd have a totally different view because its Carroll and you don't automatically view him as the anti-Christ.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Oh no, this site is fairly open-minded as far as sports fan forums go. You don't see people shouting down advanced metrics because they aren't comfortable with them, for example.

It's just that YOU are not open-minded that there might be a problem in 49er-land. But hey, your efforts at rationalization are funny, even if you think that your "feeble rationalizations" are "calling out BS." I don't mind how you have to see your acts as "calling out BS" in order to convince yourself that you're not just making yourself feel better. Go for it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":ce8y46wc said:
Oh no, this site is fairly open-minded as far as sports fan forums go. You don't see people shouting down advanced metrics because they aren't comfortable with them, for example.

It's just that YOU are not open-minded that there might be a problem in 49er-land. But hey, your efforts at rationalization are funny, even if you think that your "feeble rationalizations" are "calling out BS." I don't mind how you have to see your acts as "calling out BS" in order to convince yourself that you're not just making yourself feel better. Go for it.

I'M not open minded. Right. THAT'S the problem. LOL.

You are always good for a laugh Smelly. :D

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2837iro7 said:
All of that is OK too. Its the norm in fan forums. I don't come here to convince anyone. I say what I say because it fun to me to call out the BS for being exactly that.

Now THAT is BS. It is fun to you? If it is so much fun to call out BS why do you only do it here?

Here is what I have observed. Very little if anything related to the Niners in a negative light is accepted for what it is. I think that there is an automatic refusal to anything that doesn't look good for the Niners. That it eats you up seeing it.

If it was just about BS you would be doing it on the DenialZone, a place where the league setup the Hawks to win the Super Bowl, a place where shoulda-coulda-woulda champions are made.

If your quest to counter BS in fun was legit you would have your hands full on the Niner boards, but you don't bother. So let's cut the crap and get real. I don't have a problem with it, the behavior is not about to change any time soon. Speculation and assumption are message board staples and you state as much of it as anyone else.

This thing with Harbafreak wasn't made up by Seahawk fans, the story about it broke a while ago, it didn't just come from thin air. It isn't likely a big deal, but there is some smoke there.

Now Shut Up Marvin. :cool:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":ydb6t9kc said:
Marvin49":ydb6t9kc said:

Now THAT is BS. It is fun to you? If it is so much fun to call out BS why do you only do it here?

Here is what I have observed. Very little if anything related to the Niners in a negative light is accepted for what it is. I think that there is an automatic refusal to anything that doesn't look good for the Niners. That it eats you up seeing it.

If it was just about BS you would be doing it on the DenialZone, a place where the league setup the Hawks to win the Super Bowl, a place where shoulda-coulda-woulda champions are made.

If your quest to counter BS in fun was legit you would have your hands full on the Niner boards, but you don't bother. So let's cut the crap and get real. I don't have a problem with it, the behavior is not about to change any time soon. Speculation and assumption are message board staples and you state as much of it as anyone else.

This thing with Harbafreak wasn't made up by Seahawk fans, the story about it broke a while ago, it didn't just come from thin air. It isn't likely a big deal, but there is some smoke there.

Does Marvin work for the whiners, and if so, does he get paid by the excuse?
....and if he isn't getting paid by them he should! Nobody should have to work THAT hard and not get paid for their effort. 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2brs7erk said:
Marvin49":2brs7erk said:

1) I don't only do it here. I do it on GB, Carolina and Giant forums as well, just not as often. There is always someone here talking about the Niners. I will say this tho of those other forums, GB fans seem the nicest, Panther fans the most delusional, and Giant fans the most hostile (must be a New York) thing. I'll also slam someone pretty hard on the 'zone if they say something stupid. I won't respond all the time tho because I don't spend all that much time in there in the offseason.

2) I should qualify my point about arguing BS. I enjoy arguing BS points by fans of other teams making lame homeristic arguments. BTW, I do from time to time blast 'zone posters as well. I to tend to let more go there tho. I admit that. Just as peeps here do the same for fellow 12s.

3) I never thought this stuff was made up by. 'Hawk fans. I just think it's funny how quickly it's embraced as fact. The Browns DID attempt to trade for Harbaugh. Peeps here see it as fact the Niners were shopping him or that he wanted to leave even though York pretty much smashed it early when called out by Florio (tho that guy just keeps hammering on it...must need the mouse clicks), Harbaugh denied it, York later explained exactly what happened, and the guys reporting that they "almost traded for Harbaugh" were both fired. The smoke is there. The Browns were interested...probably a last ditch effort by Lombardi to save his job, but there was no fire there.

Most of these stories are similar to that one. All have a germ of truth which is then blown up into something huge.

Look at it this way...look how Niner fans say Pete the Cheat, Seaderall, etc, etc. Same crap. Just rumors that get accepted by peeps who make money reporting it or want to believe it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3kxylgnq said:
Marvin49":3kxylgnq said:
loafoftatupu":3kxylgnq said:
Marvin49":3kxylgnq said:

1) I don't only do it here. I do it on GB, Carolina and Giant forums as well, just not as often. There is always someone here talking about the Niners. I will say this tho of those other forums, GB fans seem the nicest, Panther fans the most delusional, and Giant fans the most hostile (must be a New York) thing. I'll also slam someone pretty hard on the 'zone if they say something stupid. I won't respond all the time tho because I don't spend all that much time in there in the offseason.

2) I should qualify my point about arguing BS. I enjoy arguing BS points by fans of other teams making lame homeristic arguments. BTW, I do from time to time blast 'zone posters as well. I to tend to let more go there tho. I admit that. Just as peeps here do the same for fellow 12s.

3) I never thought this stuff was made up by. 'Hawk fans. I just think it's funny how quickly it's embraced as fact. The Browns DID attempt to trade for Harbaugh. Peeps here see it as fact the Niners were shopping him or that he wanted to leave even though York pretty much smashed it early when called out by Florio (tho that guy just keeps hammering on it...must need the mouse clicks), Harbaugh denied it, York later explained exactly what happened, and the guys reporting that they "almost traded for Harbaugh" were both fired. The smoke is there. The Browns were interested...probably a last ditch effort by Lombardi to save his job, but there was no fire there.

Most of these stories are similar to that one. All have a germ of truth which is then blown up into something huge.

Look at it this way...look how Niner fans say Pete the Cheat, Seaderall, etc, etc. Same crap. Just rumors that get accepted by peeps who make money reporting it or want to believe it.

Deny, deflect, discredit. Deny, deflect, discredit.

Typical.

Just for arguments case, what would you say if I said Pete was a cheater at USC and then left when the NCAA sanctions came due, that the number of PED results in Seattle clearly shows that the Seahawks foster a cheating environment, or that the Seahawks never should have best GB 2 years ago because of the Fail Mary? Oh yeah, and why did you lose the SB to Pittsburg?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1nlv4gno said:
Marvin49":1nlv4gno said:
loafoftatupu":1nlv4gno said:
Marvin49":1nlv4gno said:

Better watch it, you'll be placed on Marvin's faux ignore list if you keep it up!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2so620m3 said:
peachesenregalia":2so620m3 said:
Marvin49":2so620m3 said:
loafoftatupu":2so620m3 said:

Typical.

Just for arguments case, what would you say if I said Pete was a cheater at USC and then left when the NCAA sanctions came due, that the number of PED results in Seattle clearly shows that the Seahawks foster a cheating environment, or that the Seahawks never should have best GB 2 years ago because of the Fail Mary? Oh yeah, and why did you lose the SB to Pittsburg?
Just for arguments sake you claimed you don't troll here either! That's exactly what you did here! ^
You just got caught in yet another lie! :141847_bnono:

Sigh!

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Marvin why bother? By majority we are viewed as the equivalent of Satan worshipers and the 49ers the great Satan. Russell Wilson is the next coming of Jesus, and Pete and John can do no wrong. :pukeface:

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1dmu9n9k said:
Marvin49":1dmu9n9k said:
Typical.

Alright, can you tell me where Pete 'cheated'? Seems like it was Reggie Bush who did something wrong, not Pete. As for the PEDs, man I dunno. I guess it's possible that the coaches secretly encouraged it. Would be a pretty major deal if it was ever found out.

The 'fail Mary', has been debunked over and over again. It was a simultaneous catch. Tate had possession and both feet on the ground. End of story.

We lost to Pittsburgh because we weren't good enough. We were Denver to their present-day Seattle. We were soft and we succumbed to trick plays. Were there some egregiously bad calls? You betcha, everyone could see that, but I'm over it now. We lost to a human hamburger and the Sultan of chin. Still hurts, but not as much now that we have a SB win.

Martin, I'm really not just trying to be a dick. You seem a decent fellow and certainly one of the more affable niner fans around, but be honest, doesn't some part of you get concerned about this situation with Harbaugh? We all hate him. All of us. But we know he's ont of the three best coaches in the game right now. Since the salary cap isn't a concern, there's simply no reason not to give him a deal right now. Harbaugh's peice about 'not wanting to set a bad precedent' is nonsense and you know it. The simple fact is that they can't seem to come together on a deal. I'd be pissed at the Seahawks FO if the same was happening here. The difference is there was no talk of negotiations breaking down prior to Carroll's deal. It wasn't ever an issue or concern. So can you admit that you're a little concerned and that you'd prefer if they (FO) just paid him?

:- D

See how easy that was?

It's all the same crap. For the record, I have no clue what happened at USC and it's happening in slot of places, so I don't put Carroll in any special company in that regard. Same with PEDs, I think players on allteams are doing them...Seattle just got unlucky and a number got popped in a short period. Fail Mary? Don't really care. Dunno what the letter of the rule is but I don't think it should have been a TD. That's not to say it was ruled incorrectly (although it should have been OPI) I think the rule was faulty.

My point wasn't to argue all that stuff against Seattle...it was to show that there is always smoke but it doesn't always mean fire.

Am I worried about Harbaugh? Sorta. Not for the reason you think tho. I worry more that he's going to burn himself out more than anything. Does he want a new contract? Sure he does. What he REALLY wants tho is to WIN. He currently has a player holding out. He made comments about a "Niner Way". Do I think it's ALL about setting precident? Of course not, but I do believe that's part of it. He doesn't want his guys holding out.

Would I prefer they locked him up long term right now? Sure. Does that mean I'm panicking about it ? Not at all. He's her 2 more years or they get a kings ransomed for him next year. None if that is bad.

I'd like to see him in SF for a long, long time...but I don't have a problem with him betting on himself winning it all this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":187nvxt4 said:
Marvin why bother? By majority we are viewed as the equivalent of Satan worshipers and the 49ers the great Satan. Russell Wilson is the next coming of Jesus, and Pete and John can do no wrong. :pukeface:

I know. As I've said before... I enjoy the exchange. What can I say, I'm a masochist(sp?... Spell check on the fritz)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3nblgseu said:
You finally posted something truthful and worthwhile! Good job! :th2thumbs:

PS. Hint: Generally speaking, when you troll, the "victim card" doesn't apply to you, sorry. :49ersmall: