No Harbaugh extension until after season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Giedi":1kd85j7a said:
peachesenregalia":1kd85j7a said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11293819/san-francisco-49ers-jim-harbaugh-table-contract-talks-season

Of course they're spinning it as being a mutual decision, but let's face facts here. Harbaugh wants to be the highest paid coach in the NFL, and the niners don't want to pay him unless he wins a ring, now it's obvious that neither side is going to back off from their position. If the niners don't win it all this year (they won't), then you'd have to say it's squeaky bum time.

Oh dear, 49ers fans.....oh dear.
Certainly it might look like they are not getting along. I think Eddie fired Walsh 4 times and re-hired him back 5. Eventually Walsh retired after a couple of good seasons and became GM later. There were some contentious moments, but they eventually made up - is what my point is. I think there is a lot of time left for the deal to get done and I have no indications that Jed is not happy with Harbaugh. I think he's plenty happy with two NFC CG appearances and a super bowl appearance and a 70+% winning percentage. I think all is good in 49er land. :mrgreen:
:34853_doh:
Of course you do, you are a denialzoneninerfan. We've all read your posts on the denialzone and are aware of your level of delusion, denial, and butthurt. :49ersmall:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":150kne3o said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11293819/san-francisco-49ers-jim-harbaugh-table-contract-talks-season

Of course they're spinning it as being a mutual decision, but let's face facts here. Harbaugh wants to be the highest paid coach in the NFL, and the niners don't want to pay him unless he wins a ring, now it's obvious that neither side is going to back off from their position. If the niners don't win it all this year (they won't), then you'd have to say it's squeaky bum time.

First Keap and now Hurlbaugh? They definitely do not want to commit to either one without a Superbowl win. Bad place to be in if you ask me.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If the 49ers really wanted and expected to resign Harbaugh, Kaepernick wouldn't have such a cut - able deal. SF knows what will happen to Colin if the coach goes, and they made plans for it. That, to me, is the most telling thing.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Giedi":1azye7z5 said:
peachesenregalia":1azye7z5 said:

Certainly it might look like they are not getting along. I think Eddie fired Walsh 4 times and re-hired him back 5. Eventually Walsh retired after a couple of good seasons and became GM later. There were some contentious moments, but they eventually made up - is what my point is. I think there is a lot of time left for the deal to get done and I have no indications that Jed is not happy with Harbaugh. I think he's plenty happy with two NFC CG appearances and a super bowl appearance and a 70+% winning percentage. I think all is good in 49er land. :mrgreen:

You can think that all you want, that doesn't make it true.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3crere32 said:
Sports Hernia":3crere32 said:
Giedi":3crere32 said:
peachesenregalia":3crere32 said:

:34853_doh:
Of course you do, you are a denialzoneninerfan. We've all read your posts on the denialzone and are aware of your level of delusion, denial, and butthurt. :49ersmall:

They are all students of the three Ds: Deny, deflect, discredit.

Any time they're presented with a dissenting opinion or fact, they deny there's a problem, deflect the issue by changing the subject or saying that 'it happens other places too', then they discredit the source. Textbook.
Yep, I think you nailed it!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":35hnvd6k said:
That 13 year old putz has brought the 49ERS back to extreme relevance.
Extreme relevance? Is that one step up from above-average relevance? What would that make the Seahawks? Super-physical relevance?

They ve had 3 of the best seasons under his regime.
3 of the best seasons? Best what? Best runner-ups? Nah, sorry, the early-90's Bills still hold that title, pal. 3 of the best seasons in SF history? I think Uncle Eddie and the ghost of Bill Walsh would probably take exception to that.

He single handidly brought the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in world to the bay area without question.
Single handidly - Is that like when you do something by yourself, but in a candid manner?

And I'll just assume you've never been to Dallas. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Levis "Mom Jeans" Stadium isn't more "technologically advanced" than Jerry's House. Looks like the 49ers will have to play second-fiddle to the Cowgirls once again, even when both teams are stuck in a multi-decade bog of loss and failure.

Who really thought he was going to get Harbaugh? No one, but he did it.
Who wanted Harbaugh? I mean, really, how hard is it to hire an over-hyped NCAA coach that never even won a PAC-10 title? It's not like he was trying to hire a perennial winner like Pete Carroll or something.

Now he is looking for the grand prize of a super bowl. It will happen

If I had a nickle for every time I've heard from an SF fan, player or coach how they were "going to" do great things, I'd be a retired billionaire. Talk is cheap. Why don't you win something before bragging about excellence? Your team isn't even as good as the old Buffalo Bills I mentioned earlier, and they don't exactly stand out as a model of excellence. But hey, if you're happy with a bunch of "almost" wins, can't think of a better team to guide you than York and Harbaugh. Have fun with that. I'll be over here cracking champagne and celebrating this 2014 World Championship.

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":8p4fdy4n said:
If the 49ers really wanted and expected to resign Harbaugh, Kaepernick wouldn't have such a cut - able deal. SF knows what will happen to Colin if the coach goes, and they made plans for it. That, to me, is the most telling thing.

Forgot about that. Good point.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":9sdy478e said:
-The Glove-":9sdy478e said:
Bob loblaw":9sdy478e said:
HansGruber":9sdy478e said:
kearly said:
The first is that SF's FO is incredibly moronic...

You just hit the nail on the head. Jed York is some 13 year old putz that hasn't even hit puberty yet, has absolutely ZERO real-world experience running anything, and the only reason he's running a team is because his uncle is Eddie DeBartolo. It's hilarious. This child is running all aspects of the football team. Perhaps the only less qualified President/CEO in the NFL would be Al Davis and that's because he's dead.

That 13 year old putz has brought the 49ERS back to extreme relevance. They ve had 3 of the best seasons under his regime. He has been instrumental in cleaning up the former mess his father made and he single handidly brought the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in world to the bay area without question. No one thought it was possible to get a new stadium built in the bay area much less sign the deal he made with Levis which provides loads of cash. He did it. How you can argue that he isnt one of the premier owners in the league right now is ludicrus. Who really thought he was going to get Harbaugh? No one, but he did it. This young owner continues to do great things for the franchise. Now he is looking for the grand prize of a super bowl. It will happen

You might want to lay most of that praise on Gideon Yu since he led the efforts to secure the $850 million loan and fast-tracked the construction of it.

Who Hired Gideon? You just answered your statement. It was York thinking outside the box and taking him from facebook who was getting ready to go public because of Yu's work. Again, brilliant work on Yorks part

And you said he "single handidly" made that stadium happen. No Gideon Yu, no stadium, so yes good on him for recognizing he needed outside help

chris98251

Reaction score
The reason Carroll received a new contract was because he took a team that was in total disarray and in a short window made us winners. Harbaugh was handed a stacked roster that allowed him to implement his rules and schemes and win. Building a winner vs having one that needed guidance are much different. Credit Harbaugh for doing what Singletary could not figure out how to do, but the difference is huge.

Sherminator

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1yvcvpuj said:

I thought you might like to read this.
Research usually helps before you speak for other people. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-coach/

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sherminator":1j690f5c said:
peachesenregalia":1j690f5c said:

I thought you might like to read this.
Research usually helps before you speak for other people. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-coach/

Is that article supposed to help your cause?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ayrtdry said:
HansGruber":1ayrtdry said:
What's with 49er fans who always act surprised that Seahawk fans trash talk their team? Are they really that unaccustomed to having a winning team or are they just too mentally challenged to understand how rivalries work? Honest question

It's the Niner mantra. Trash talking is only allowed one way. They are the "storied" Niners after all. The entitled, the legacy, the righteous. How dare we speak at such a model of greatness in anything other than approved correspondence by the Niner Speaker of the House?

Huh? Of course you're allowed. If fact, it's expected

That doesn't mean I can't tell peeps they are full of it when they so clearly are. Come on now. Everyone can say what they want to say, but you can't act all like "how come I'm not allowed to speak ". You just did homey. Nobody is restricting anyone's opinion. Peeps have a right to their opinion and other peeps have a right to disagree. Plain and simple.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":29v11h8h said:
Marvin49":29v11h8h said:
...or maybe Niner leadership is telling the truth. For all the stuff about Harbaugh being hard to work with, he hasn't lost a single assistant coach. In fact, he attracts good coaches.

Maybe Jed York isn't a liar and he's telling the truth when he said he was contacted by the Browns and that he wasn't interested. Maybe they simply decided to wait till he had one year left and not 2 (like Pete Carroll BTW) before they did an ext.

Perhaps the entire 49er front office isn't just a pack of liars and might be GASP...telling the truth. Maybe the media is making a mountain out of a molehill (they never do that).

Nah. Can't be. Niners evil. Sky is falling in Santa Clara. Only explanation.

...and you guys call ME delusional.

Except that doesn't really make sense, does it? Harbaugh has made it pretty clear that he wants a new deal, and there's really no reason NOT to have given him one if they were serious about wanting to keep him. The bottom line here is that the 9ers' position is they won't pay him top-3 money unless he wins a SB. Like Kearly said, that's a tall order for even the best of coaches. If the 9ers were serious about wanting Harbaugh to be their head coach into the future, there's absolutely no rational reason why they would wait to get it done. Seriously, give me even one compelling reason why they would want to wait and see before paying their best head coach in 20 years the money he deserves?

Oh jeez, I dunno... Maybe because like Pete Carroll last year he still has 2 full years on his contract so there's no real rush to redo it early unless he's willing do do it cheaper.

If you've got him locked up at his current price for 2 years, what leverage does he have to get more money?

Clearly, he wants more money than the Niners are willing to offer right now. If they wanted him gone, he'd be gone.

I'm just reading so much in this thread about reports that are dubious at best and peeps are taking them as fact. Why? Because you WANT them to be true even if they don't make sense. No worries. I know you hate the Niners. You have every right to revel in false reports and invented drama.

I then have every right to laugh and call you out on them. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":7mxgysov said:
If you've got him locked up at his current price for 2 years, what leverage does he have to get more money?

I'm not taking one side or the other in this particular argument, but HC contract negotiations are nothing like player contract negotiations. Harbaugh has been great for S.F., and it's in the York family's best interests to keep him relatively happy. (Whether Jim Harbaugh is even capable of being a happy man is another matter entirely, however.)

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2mrvq1ns said:
There's no reason at all to prolong an extension for a coach like Harbaugh. If you can't see that, you're incredibly delusional. Why would you flirt with potentially forcing him to look elsewhere for more money? Makes no sense

Which is why the Seahawks resigned Carroll with 2 years left on his deal.

Wait...wha?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ysgw5l7 said:
Marvin49":3ysgw5l7 said:

I'm not taking one side or the other in this particular argument, but HC contract negotiations are nothing like player contract negotiations. Harbaugh has been great for S.F., and it's in the York family's best interests to keep him relatively happy. (Whether Jim Harbaugh is even capable of being a happy man is another matter entirely, however.)

Sure...but they still have 40% of his original contract remaining. It's not like it's last minute. Teams don't usually sign with 2 years left. They wait till there is one year left. That's the norm. The fact that they were even in talks signifies they want him to stay.

Just because they didn't do something extraordinary to sign him 2 years early doesn't mean they want him gone.

I chalk that one up to wishful thinking in the Pacific Northwest.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd say there's a little bit of smoke in regards to what we know publicly about it, but nowhere near enough to warrant pulling a fire alarm.

Some negative wishful thinking from the fans of your team's biggest rival, Marvin? To be expected. ;)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":38z3ja39 said:
-The Glove-":38z3ja39 said:
There's no reason at all to prolong an extension for a coach like Harbaugh. If you can't see that, you're incredibly delusional. Why would you flirt with potentially forcing him to look elsewhere for more money? Makes no sense

Which is why the Seahawks resigned Carroll with 2 years left on his deal.

Wait...wha?

Wait...what?