No Harbaugh extension until after season

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
gargantual":2w6tjhpd said:
loafoftatupu":2w6tjhpd said:
How dare we speak at such a model of greatness in anything other than approved correspondence by the Niner Speaker of the House?

Who's that....Nancy Pelosi?
No... Marvin. The Niner Press Secretary.

u3arybap.jpg

-The Glove-

Reaction score
There's no reason at all to prolong an extension for a coach like Harbaugh. If you can't see that, you're incredibly delusional. Why would you flirt with potentially forcing him to look elsewhere for more money? Makes no sense

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":krisxjsx said:
I like how he says it's because he doesn't want to set a bad example for his players who have multiple years left on their deals.

Hypocrisy comes so easily for Harbaugh. But I can hardly hate the guy for wanting a new deal. His current deal pays him just barely more than half the money per year that Pete is making right now.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Marvin49":1tl1ywvo said:
Scottemojo":1tl1ywvo said:
Who said it was the end of a contender?

Whether you admit it or not, you know that if Harbs had won SB 47, he would have taken the SB winning coach contract in a heartbeat, even with 3 years left on his current deal, any bad example for players with multiple years be damned.

Which makes it bullshit.

Who knows....

...I just think its funny that according to this site just about everything that happens in Santa Clara is ominous.

C'mon, Baghdad Bob, there is no logical reason that this extension hasn't happened yet. Is Jed York just stupid? Harbaugh is a top-three coach in the league, Super Bowl or no.

I don't think that's it, though. I would guess that Harbaugh is just so abrasive that he's burned too many bridges, but if York opts to keep Baalke over Harbaugh, I will thank my lucky stars.

HansGruber

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":uj2n1zfb said:
HansGruber":uj2n1zfb said:
What's with 49er fans who always act surprised that Seahawk fans trash talk their team? Are they really that unaccustomed to having a winning team or are they just too mentally challenged to understand how rivalries work? Honest question

It's the Niner mantra. Trash talking is only allowed one way. They are the "storied" Niners after all. The entitled, the legacy, the righteous. How dare we speak at such a model of greatness in anything other than approved correspondence by the Niner Speaker of the House?

Yeah, the "storied" thing is especially hilarious to me. I guess if you weren't around to see the Whiners win those Superbowls, you might consider the franchise "storied". Me? I grew up with a Raiders fan for a father who still laughs at that team. As I've said many times, I attended games at Candlestick as a child with my parents and grandparents, back in the mid-to-late 1970's, and it was a freaking ghost town. They were the joke of the Bay Area. The Seattle Mariners of the NFL. Except that today's Mariners have a decent stadium and sell more tickets. I remember going to 49er games where there were literally only a few thousand people in attendance, and you could sit anywhere in the stadium you wanted. By that time, the Seahawks were already selling out and the 12th Man going strong.

The "storied" franchise nonsense is a dead giveaway that you are talking to someone who hasn't been a Whiners fan for very long. NOBODY would brag about that team's history before 1982 (or after 1994).

HansGruber

Reaction score
kearly":1kf8jj59 said:
The first is that SF's FO is incredibly moronic...

You just hit the nail on the head. Jed York is some 13 year old putz that hasn't even hit puberty yet, has absolutely ZERO real-world experience running anything, and the only reason he's running a team is because his uncle is Eddie DeBartolo. It's hilarious. This child is running all aspects of the football team. Perhaps the only less qualified President/CEO in the NFL would be Al Davis and that's because he's dead.

HansGruber

Reaction score
kearly":2l3tyh60 said:
Scottemojo":2l3tyh60 said:
I like how he says it's because he doesn't want to set a bad example for his players who have multiple years left on their deals.

Hypocrisy comes so easily for Harbaugh. But I can hardly hate the guy for wanting a new deal. His current deal pays him just barely more than half the money per year that Pete is making right now.

Sounds about right since he's barely half the coach.

chris98251

Reaction score
Given the long attempt at a new contract I think Jimmy boy is going after the Super Bowl with everything he has, with no contract now and a win in his mind he will be the most sought after coach on the open market. He will get a ton of Money win or lose and he knows it if he can get to the playoffs, Jerry's Kids need his type of leadership there, not sure if he could work with Jerry Jones but given the way Pete has been able to get the power he has I am sure it will be part of the equation. I expect the Jets to also be needing someone if they drop the ball and the would pay well also.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
HansGruber":3bqp2200 said:
kearly":3bqp2200 said:

You just hit the nail on the head. Jed York is some 13 year old putz that hasn't even hit puberty yet, has absolutely ZERO real-world experience running anything, and the only reason he's running a team is because his uncle is Eddie DeBartolo. It's hilarious. This child is running all aspects of the football team. Perhaps the only less qualified President/CEO in the NFL would be Al Davis and that's because he's dead.

That 13 year old putz has brought the 49ERS back to extreme relevance. They ve had 3 of the best seasons under his regime. He has been instrumental in cleaning up the former mess his father made and he single handidly brought the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in world to the bay area without question. No one thought it was possible to get a new stadium built in the bay area much less sign the deal he made with Levis which provides loads of cash. He did it. How you can argue that he isnt one of the premier owners in the league right now is ludicrus. Who really thought he was going to get Harbaugh? No one, but he did it. This young owner continues to do great things for the franchise. Now he is looking for the grand prize of a super bowl. It will happen

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":1xg00mkl said:
HansGruber":1xg00mkl said:
kearly":1xg00mkl said:

That 13 year old putz has brought the 49ERS back to extreme relevance. They ve had 3 of the best seasons under his regime. He has been instrumental in cleaning up the former mess his father made and he single handidly brought the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in world to the bay area without question. No one thought it was possible to get a new stadium built in the bay area much less sign the deal he made with Levis which provides loads of cash. He did it. How you can argue that he isnt one of the premier owners in the league right now is ludicrus. Who really thought he was going to get Harbaugh? No one, but he did it. This young owner continues to do great things for the franchise. Now he is looking for the grand prize of a super bowl. It will happen

You might want to lay most of that praise on Gideon Yu since he led the efforts to secure the $850 million loan and fast-tracked the construction of it.

gargantual

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ffsaj70 said:
gargantual":1ffsaj70 said:
loafoftatupu":1ffsaj70 said:
How dare we speak at such a model of greatness in anything other than approved correspondence by the Niner Speaker of the House?

Icky...... That's a low blow...

Ahh, ya know I was just trying to push buttons.

Hook, line, etc......... :D

(She's from the Bay Area after all)

gargantual

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":321i6otk said:
gargantual":321i6otk said:
loafoftatupu":321i6otk said:

u3arybap.jpg
Wow. Marvin really, REALLY needs to get a life if he's got that high profile of a gig.

(Good one BTW. Perfect analogy. Who's more adept at spin than a friggin Whitehouse Press Secretary?)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Matt Maiocco a couple days ago basically nailed my feelings on this:

The only thing different in the contract situations surrounding Pete Carroll a year ago and Jim Harbaugh right now is the intrigue.

Nobody was discussing Carroll’s long-term future with the Seattle Seahawks. He entered the fourth year of his original five-year contract without much discussion.

The Seahawks had finished behind the 49ers twice in a row. But Carroll cashed in with a contract extension that league sources estimate at around $9 million a season after the Seahawks won the Super Bowl.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":22f629ot said:
and he single handidly brought the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in world to the bay area without question.

I lol'd at this. Every single new stadium that gets built is the most dynamic and technologically advanced stadium in the world. Stadiums don't get built very often, even ONE year between stadium builds provides newer and better technology to stick inside of it. I'm not bashing your stadium, I'm just saying, trumpeting it like that is just...Well, it's kind of a given because EVERY new stadium can be called that at the time of completion. *shrug*

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
gargantual":2j20k4lq said:
Sports Hernia":2j20k4lq said:
gargantual":2j20k4lq said:
loafoftatupu":2j20k4lq said:

Icky...... That's a low blow...

Ahh, ya know I was just trying to push buttons.

Hook, line, etc......... :D

(She's from the Bay Area after all)
I know, she's just extra yucky, like most troglodyte politicans are, scum of the earth!'

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
gargantual":1ma3pyc6 said:
loafoftatupu":1ma3pyc6 said:
gargantual":1ma3pyc6 said:
loafoftatupu":1ma3pyc6 said:

u3arybap.jpg
Wow. Marvin really, REALLY needs to get a life if he's got that high profile of a gig.

(Good one BTW. Perfect analogy. Who's more adept at spin than a friggin Whitehouse Press Secretary?)
Yeah Lofa nailed it, comparing Marvin to a presidential spokesliar. :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14nyd5da said:
Matt Maiocco a couple days ago basically nailed my feelings on this:

The only thing different in the contract situations surrounding Pete Carroll a year ago and Jim Harbaugh right now is the intrigue.

Nobody was discussing Carroll’s long-term future with the Seattle Seahawks. He entered the fourth year of his original five-year contract without much discussion.

The Seahawks had finished behind the 49ers twice in a row. But Carroll cashed in with a contract extension that league sources estimate at around $9 million a season after the Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Apples and oranges. Look into the working relationships of the folks involved in these 2 teams and get back to me. Team A the coach and GM hate each other, Team B the coach and GM have a great working relationship, do the math from there.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
-The Glove-":rw98cxrr said:
Bob loblaw":rw98cxrr said:
HansGruber":rw98cxrr said:
kearly":rw98cxrr said:

You might want to lay most of that praise on Gideon Yu since he led the efforts to secure the $850 million loan and fast-tracked the construction of it.

Who Hired Gideon? You just answered your statement. It was York thinking outside the box and taking him from facebook who was getting ready to go public because of Yu's work. Again, brilliant work on Yorks part

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":31qad9lx said:
-The Glove-":31qad9lx said:
Bob loblaw":31qad9lx said:
HansGruber":31qad9lx said:

Who Hired Gideon? You just answered your statement. It was York thinking outside the box and taking him from facebook who was getting ready to go public because of Yu's work. Again, brilliant work on Yorks part
Looks like Marvin's twin brother showed up. :49ersmall:

Giedi

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":38d5e7z8 said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11293819/san-francisco-49ers-jim-harbaugh-table-contract-talks-season

Of course they're spinning it as being a mutual decision, but let's face facts here. Harbaugh wants to be the highest paid coach in the NFL, and the niners don't want to pay him unless he wins a ring, now it's obvious that neither side is going to back off from their position. If the niners don't win it all this year (they won't), then you'd have to say it's squeaky bum time.

Oh dear, 49ers fans.....oh dear.
Certainly it might look like they are not getting along. I think Eddie fired Walsh 4 times and re-hired him back 5. Eventually Walsh retired after a couple of good seasons and became GM later. There were some contentious moments, but they eventually made up - is what my point is. I think there is a lot of time left for the deal to get done and I have no indications that Jed is not happy with Harbaugh. I think he's plenty happy with two NFC CG appearances and a super bowl appearance and a 70+% winning percentage. I think all is good in 49er land. :mrgreen:

Latest posts