No denying the Hawks are a young team now

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Last year the Hawks were often called a “young” team. Some claimed they were not that young and only had a few young pieces. Well this year after the offseason purge of some elderly and the latest large draft class that we will have several starters from I feel they are definitely a young team. While this bodes well for the future and salary cap (not this year) it does come with some drawbacks such as do we have enough experience in the locker room? Who will be the leaders to step up? Its gonna be fun year finding out:)

sutz

Reaction score
Depending on how you define the term "starter" I could easily see 2-3 starters in this class. In fact I've stated elsewhere that it wouldn't surprise me if all 10 draft picks make the final cut. It's definitely a solid rookie class.

Fade

Reaction score
Last year the Hawks were often called a “young” team. Some claimed they were not that young and only had a few young pieces. Well this year after the offseason purge of some elderly and the latest large draft class that we will have several starters from I feel they are definitely a young team. While this bodes well for the future and salary cap (not this year) it does come with some drawbacks such as do we have enough experience in the locker room? Who will be the leaders to step up? Its gonna be fun year finding out:)
Yes. That was me.

It was being used as an excuse as to why their front 7 was trash even though they were old up front.

I pointed out they would be younger next season and it was a silly excuse.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Yes. That was me.

It was being used as an excuse as to why their front 7 was trash even though they were old up front.

I pointed out they would be younger next season and it was a silly excuse.
Im not sure if the front 7 was “trash” although the results showed as much. Hopefully we have “upgraded" some players to better adapt for the scheme we will try to run and can make some marked improvements. Otherwise it will be a shootout every game. Our offense should be stocked enough to win some shootouts but that will not get us far in the post season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Here's some interesting age/experience facts about our current roster (does not include UDFAs, Geno and J. Myers):

- 84% of the roster (51/61) are 26 years old and younger​
- 92% (56/61) are 27 years old and younger​
- 59% (36/61) are either 24, 25 or 26 years old (by far the highest concentration)​
- the average years of experience of the 24 year olds is 3 years​
- the average years of experience of the 25 year olds is 3 years​
- the average years of experience of the 26 year olds is 4 years​
- the 27 year olds include Adams (INJ), Dickson (P), Haynes, Mone (INJ) and C. Thompson (on the bubble)​
- players 29 and older are Joey Hunt (on the bubble?), Diggs, Lockett, J. Reed, Bobby and Bellore​
With minor exception, most every player on the field is 26 y/o or younger.

This team is definitely young but yet, fairly experienced.

Last edited:

Mix

Reaction score
Here's some interesting age/experience facts about our current roster (does not include UDFAs, Geno and J. Myers):

- 84% of the roster (51/61) are 26 years old and younger​
- 92% (56/61) are 27 years old and younger​
- 59% (36/61) are either 24, 25 or 26 years old (by far the highest concentration)​
- the average years of experience of the 24 year olds is 3 years​
- the average years of experience of the 25 year olds is 3 years​
- the average years of experience of the 26 year olds is 4 years​
- the 27 year olds include Adams (INJ), Dickson (P), Haynes, Mone (INJ) and C. Thompson (on the bubble)​
- players 29 and older are Joey Hunt (on the bubble?), Diggs, Lockett, J. Reed, Bobby and Bellore​
With minor exception, most every player on the field is 26 y/o or younger.

This team is definitely young but yet, fairly experienced.
Young squads breed competition because so few are "solidified" veterans. Love it.

We are back to the time when UDFA will come here because we will allow them to have an actual chance. It's good all around.

Latest posts