No BS..Who Among Us...

Who thought the Seahawks were playoff bound this season?

• I did! I totally called it.

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • I thought we might make it but was understandably skeptical.

Votes: 50 28.4%
  • I had my doubts.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • Playoffs?? Playoffs?!?

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Totally had them going 6 games at best.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • Other...(Read my comments)

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters

Vesuve

Reaction score
I had doubts before the start of the season and after the 0-2 start.

It's only logical.

Last year no playoffs and many changes made.

Our situation shows how good the coaching changes and player additions have been.

D

DomeHawk

As I posted earlier in the year, I didn't know what to make of this team. They didn't seem to have any identity and I think they were just as confused as I was. After losing the first two games PC changed the offensive philosophy but the team itself changed their mind set and that led to them finding their identity. It's been an amazing thing to see develop.

This has truly been a total team effort with the coaches, front office, staff, and team!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I figured that because we were a couple of really crappy kicks away from making the playoffs LAST season, and the addition by subtraction of Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell, that we'd do a little better this season, and much better next season.

With having Pete Carroll's smarts @ reconfiguring the Defense, and Russell Wilson with BETTER Offensive Coaching, that we'd be right back into the thick of things.

I had some reservations when we'd sucked in our pre-season games, + the first two losses in regular season, that Pete & Company would make the necessary adjustments to get us back on track...And he did.
:irishdrinkers:

Elemas

Reaction score
Had us at 8-8...7-9 at best with no playoffs.
Preseason games don't define a season but, after going 0-6 with the two regular season games included....

I started to feel like things were changing after the 2 point loss to the Rams. Although we were now 2-3, we played a powerhouse team...and we competed.

It was logical to think we'd be in a rebuilding year of sorts. We saw glimpses of Carson but, did we really know? The O-line? Solaris influence?

Couldn't be prouder of this team.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I knew everything would go exactly the way it's went. I didn't post any predictions, but I was thinking it the whole time.

Also, anything that happens in the future I will have also accurately predicted in my mind.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
sutz":28cy33tq said:
Had to go with other, because the first two choices didn't quite fit the bill. I didn't make a prediction this year, but I somehow just couldn't believe that Pete or Russ would allow the team to win less than half of our games. That's not what they do.

So, while I didn't actually make a pre-season prediction, I am definitely not surprised that the Seahawks have won 9 games with one to go that they should win "easily." I understood everybody's points when they explained how we couldn't possibly pull off what they've done, but the truth is college teams experience 20-30% turnover or worse every year. Pete did that at USC and was winning games every year. He just transferred that to the Seahawks. After that first couple of seasons, they haven't won less than 9 games yet. That will generally put an NFL team on the threshhold of the playoffs, at least.

:irishdrinkers:

My thoughts to the T on 1st part. I knew Pete being the defensive coach he is, by adding Norton it was going to be interesting. Norton has improved as a coach and I think Pete and him are agreeing on defensive schemes. That being said, my focus was on Shotty and Offensive line. The Hawks were in all gms except for their mental mistakes, some play calls, some blocking procedures but each week they seemed to improve. The gm against the Rams was my Light, the Hawks played them tough and everyone opened their eyes. It was a gm loss but, respectable. This is when I said to myself, PLAYOFFS?

HommyHawk

Reaction score
This all goes back to the first Rams game.....I saw exactly what i wanted to see. A team who buys into their coaches philosophy again. We can beat anyone when we dont beat ourselves. Go Hawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
I didn't predict a win loss this year, what I did do was list all the depth waiting in the wings and the changes and what I thought it would take to get better. How quickly Wilson adapted to Schotty's coaching and the changes in the offense, how fast would be able to coach up the line and teach them technique, how fast all the new players on defense would tale to gel and then learn to communicate with each other. Lastly but most important how fast the team would buy into Pete's philosophy and message.

I wanted to see steady improvement week to week, lessons learned in losses and not repeated game in and game out, player growth, and confidence built.

I think I have seen all that to date, we are still in the process however and winning and not letting teams back in it as well as adjusting to playoff football will be our next big transition. You all saw last night what playoff football versus just another game approach can mean to teams. Seahawks brought playoff football, Chiefs were playing just another game. Our physicality and intensity was there the whole game and it showed. It steps up again in a couple weeks and we can't let down next week either against the Cards.

knownone

Reaction score
I called it. I didn't understand the narrative at the beginning of the season. This team had horrible luck with injuries in 2017 and still came 2 field goals short of 11-5. At the time I thought that any improvement in the running game would make Russell more dangerous. I didn't think the losses on defense would hurt as much as the media and some fans largely because the defense still looked pretty good without half those guys last year. For me, it came down to whether or not we could stay healthy with less depth than previous seasons.

I said it at the beginning of the year, Pete is the Bill Belichick of the NFC and Wilson is the closest thing to Brady. No one counts the Patriots out when they are retooling. Yet for some reason, the team with the second best QB/Coach tandem since 2012 was not only expected to miss the playoffs but to win just 5 games. It just didn't make any sense to me. I can understand people feeling like we'd finish 8-8, that's not an unreasonable position. Anyone expecting less than that (IMO) isn't aware of how great a coach Pete is. Here's a tip for the Pete doubters, look at our point differential since 2010 and compare it to the rest of the league. We're #1 for a reason and it's not because we stumbled on great draft picks.

Jville

Reaction score
Who thought the Seahawks were playoff bound this season?

Those who have no fear of rookies playing.

Those who are comfortable with roster churn.

Those who treasure the journey down the annual learning curve.

Those who bought into Carroll's program a number of seasons ago. :2thumbs:

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I thought we would stink. But started believing when we ran for 500 yards against the RAMs. Although we lost both games, I knew we had an identity.

zhawk

Reaction score
I did and I put $100 down in Vegas @ 30-1 for sb win :irishdrinkers:

LTH

Reaction score
HommyHawk":3fwpbmht said:
This all goes back to the first Rams game.....I saw exactly what i wanted to see. A team who buys into their coaches philosophy again. We can beat anyone when we dont beat ourselves. Go Hawks!

That is the SOLE truth of it!

LTH

evergreen

Reaction score
I’m stunned got this good so soon. Last years team got stale at the end and our D was over priced for its production. So I knew it was time to go young. It’s all about what we are. Young and hungry. And believing in Pete’s mantra. As soon as it’s about Sherman or Bennet it’s time to go. Bye Earl.
I can’t believe anyone saw this rising coming. We are almost 2012 good in a much different way. Pete sure can adapt.

evergreen

Reaction score
I’m stunned got this good so soon. Last years team got stale at the end and our D was over priced for its production. So I knew it was time to go young. It’s all about what we are. Young and hungry. And believing in Pete’s mantra. As soon as it’s about Sherman or Bennet it’s time to go. Bye Earl.

The Breh

Reaction score
I never put a # on our W/L's because with our schedule this year there was a lot of room for fluctuation +/-
I will say that once we had our Guards situated post game 2, I knew we'd have potential to be a force on the ground.
If we beat AZ, then we're a trap game (49'ers) away from 11-6. And we're deciding errors, matchups and plays away from winning the rest of the games we lost.
This has been a fulfilling season to watch unfold 100%
And walking into work here in PHX every Monday has put some extra fire in my vernacular :141847_bnono:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My prediction for the NFCW was

LAR 12-4
SEA 9-7
SF 8-8
ARI 5-11

And no, I did not expect to make the Playoffs this season. I figured we were a 7-9 to 9-7 team.

Mike Solari far exceeded my expectations... and I was hopeful at the outset. Ken Norton Jr. exceeded expectations as well considering all the departures. Chris Carson played his ass off and Mike Davis was a great complement to Carson. I expect Penny to come to camp in the spring in MUCH better shape and for Schotty to continue to develop plays for him to quickly get to the edge.

It's a great time to be a Seahawks fan and being a month shy of 70 years old, I appreciate the hell out of it.

Seafan

Reaction score
The secret was a return to a power running game. I thought the elements were there but it didn't come together until week three. The run game helps everything including Russ and the defense. And I believed Dickson was going to help the defense with field position. So far so good.

The reason it has worked is health and depth. Penny helped when Chris was out. Simmons, Fant and Pocic have all played important roles. Getting Ed Dickson back after losing Dissly was huge. The young guys in the secondary who have taken a beating by the folks here have stepped up big time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been sticking with 9-7 from before the season, w/us just missing out on the playoffs. That being said, I wasn't exactly overly confident about 9 wins, but this team is MUCH better than I thought they would be. Pete and his coaching staff has done an incredible job with this team. And the players clearly are still buying in. Nothing stale about Pete and his approach. You're either a great coach or you're not. He's one of the best we have seen.

Latest posts