No BS..Who Among Us...

Who thought the Seahawks were playoff bound this season?

• I did! I totally called it.

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • I thought we might make it but was understandably skeptical.

Votes: 50 28.4%
  • I had my doubts.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • Playoffs?? Playoffs?!?

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Totally had them going 6 games at best.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • Other...(Read my comments)

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When the season was getting started back in September...

JRobinson

Reaction score
Really impressive what you guys have done.

Very. Impressive.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
"I thought we might make it but was understandably skeptical." Okay, only a little bit skeptical.

Of course, I was quitting a job, was a month out from getting married, and up to my eyeballs in going touristy places, wedding preparations, and an awesome new bride.

I may not have been as attentive as possible at the start of this season. Eh, it's been a good year all 'round.

:irishdrinkers:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I didn't see this. Not even remotely.
I was afraid that just due to the new coaches alone we'd be lucky to win 7 games. And then we lost the first 2 games, in ways that kinda 'justified' my skepticism about the new OC&OL coach. After those 2 L's I figured we would probably end up having a "Win One. Lose One." type of season and THEN Earl went down in Arizona's haunted, Native burial ground ass stadium and I was actually OK with this just being a "rebuilding" year.
Boy oh boy do I LOVE being wrong like this!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Before the season started I was hopeful but after week 2 that turned to doubtful. After mid season I went back to thinking we had a decent shot if we kept the strong running game. Now I’m pretty sure :2thumbs:

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Head told me 6-10. Heart felt we'd have a sneaky good year. Never truly thought we'd be in the playoffs. Secondary was too young. No legit TE. Baldwin beat up. Several new players acclimating to new schemes, etc.

In short: Carroll COY.

GO SEAHAWKS!

lukerguy

Reaction score
Heading in to the season I was sure the cable/solari difference was going to change everything... then after losing the first two i started to question.

Once I saw their next few (even their losses to LA), I was sure they were going to make it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
While so many continue to give all or most of the credit to the amazing talent we had on defense, I believed our success stemmed from Carroll + Wilson. And I felt that the losing predictions were due to a lack of respect for them.

The LOB was mostly about Pete’s system. And with QB being the most important position, Russ is a significant reason for why we went to back to back Super Bowls

I put Carroll + Wilson in the same category as Brees + Payton, Dungee + Manning, Belicheck + Brady. I will ALWAYS expect a winning season so long as this HOF duo is leading the way. No BS :irishdrinkers: . So I never stopped believing

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":37ganrw1 said:
I put Carroll + Wilson in the same category as Brees + Payton, Dungee + Manning, Belicheck + Brady. I will ALWAYS expect a winning season so long as this HOF duo is leading the way. No BS :irishdrinkers: . So I never stopped believing

Not sure I would put Brees and Payton in that category. They've had four losing seasons since 2012.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I was skeptical, and when Earl went down I thought there was no way. I didn’t think our defense would be able to stop anyone. I thought We’d see RW running for his life again and leading the team in rushing. 6-10 stood out in my mind. And now we’re looking at 10-6 possibly? Unreal.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I had as low as 6-10 or as high as 9-7 and not making the playoffs. Great job by this team in a year of transition. Win next week so we don't have to go to Chicago.

sutz

Reaction score
Had to go with other, because the first two choices didn't quite fit the bill. I didn't make a prediction this year, but I somehow just couldn't believe that Pete or Russ would allow the team to win less than half of our games. That's not what they do.

So, while I didn't actually make a pre-season prediction, I am definitely not surprised that the Seahawks have won 9 games with one to go that they should win "easily." I understood everybody's points when they explained how we couldn't possibly pull off what they've done, but the truth is college teams experience 20-30% turnover or worse every year. Pete did that at USC and was winning games every year. He just transferred that to the Seahawks. After that first couple of seasons, they haven't won less than 9 games yet. That will generally put an NFL team on the threshhold of the playoffs, at least.

:irishdrinkers:

djb28

Reaction score
No expectations year. This is a great surprise.
It feels like a New England type of scenario. The coach and the QB are here so let's make this work with what we got.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I truly believed this team had a chance to be better than last year, where we just barely missed the playoffs. With all of last year's injuries, attitudes and distractions it felt like we should be fresh and hungry this year, and we've all seen Pete take guys off the street and run his style. Heck, I always think back to the 2012 playoffs where we needed a DE for our last playoff game (because of an injury) and Pete brings in an older personal trainer and says, "watch him and you'll be surprised... he's gonna play great". That cat played like his hair was on fire.

However, I didn't think they would "gel" into such a strong contender so quickly. This team feels "right" and is playing for each other which is something we really can't say since the Pat's Stuper Bowll.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I had the Hawks pinned at 5 and 11 when the season opened. Color me pleasantly surprised. This season feels very much like the 2012 campaign did.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I've consistently said we'd be 11-5(yeah, yeah look it up yourself) so I'd have to say I totally called it.

I do tend to drink though.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I had 8-8 coined as a near certainty. I knew there was too much quality for a 4 win season but thought the playoffs were too far fetched.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Even after the 0-2 start I felt like they would at least make it interesting until the end. Pete always extends the preseason into the first few games. His Seahawks teams almost always play better at the end of the year than the beginning. It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. I think the fans who don’t know these things just haven’t been paying attention the past 9 years.

Latest posts