Niners Defense : Like looking in a 2013 mirror

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because that amazing D didn't give up long drive after long drive in the 2nd half on Dec. 29 to the Hawks. That is a damn good D, but FAR from what the 2013 Hawks brought.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3ms1nudm said:
Largent80":3ms1nudm said:
Nowhere near the Hawks 2013 D....Not even close.
Co-sign.
People seem to forget that we were an inch from beating them twice with a garbage O line along with the rest of our bandaid roster. Russ was moving the chains at will. Pffft.....
Our D was historic. The current whiner squad is NOTHING like ours was. This is such a dumb thread. :roll:

This, and Go Chiefs, These imposters can get a beating.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I believe our SB winning defense converted 1 out 4 of every opponent drives into a turnover during the regular season.

Not sure it is at all comparable. Not sure we will ever see that again either.

The 49ers have a great defense. We had a historic one. The key word here is 'had'.

Right now, the 49ers are the great team, we are a very good one.

I still think the Chiefs win this one but the 49ers have had an amazing season either way. The 49ers still would at least need to win the SB to even be worth comparing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't stand them, but they are best team in the NFC and earned it. I don't think the gap is as big between them and that Hawks or Saints, but that's another discussion. Also, look how healthy they got at the right time. Add that to the #1 seed and there you have it. Should be a hell of a Superb Owl. That being said, nothing will look legendary after Mahomes and KC throw up a 30 burger on them.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1mtpcqi8 said:
Yeah, because that amazing D didn't give up long drive after long drive in the 2nd half on Dec. 29 to the Hawks. That is a damn good D, but FAR from what the 2013 Hawks brought.
Preach! That is why this is a dumb thread. Seriously stupid. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Every team in the league has weaknesses, they have a damn good Defense. We all know that. But there are times when they get shredded, period.

xray

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":31c0t8mv said:
SoulfishHawk":31c0t8mv said:
Preach! That is why this is a dumb thread. Seriously stupid. :roll:

And we all know that mirrors are liars . :D

94Smith

Reaction score
Polk738":3bbp7hde said:
They're D-line is loaded with high first round picks and I wouldn't be surprised if they tanked last season to get Bosa this year, he definitely put that defense over the top-it'd be nice to get those kinds of picks but Seattle has never been so awful on a consistent basis to get that many high first rounders. You gotta hand it to John Lynch, he built a powerhouse defense with those draft picks.

First off, were they tanking last year when they beat the Seahawks in December? :stirthepot:

Bosa, Ward, Armstead, Thomas, Buckner are 1st rounders

Alexander, Sherman, Ford Free Agents

Tartt, Dre Geenlaw, Warner, Mosely, Witherspoon, Kwaun Williams are later round draft picks or UDFA

olyfan63

Reaction score
Dre Greenlaw has made some smart and impressive plays. His play on Hollister won the division for you guys. His pick of Russell in Santa Clara was a brilliant play as well. He seems like a very smart and tough player.

FPD

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says...the Hawks 2013 D was one of the best ever. The 49ers D is good this year, but not that good.

Edit - And remember, the 2013 D stomped on one of the most prolific passing attacks in NFL history too!

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Definitely didn't look like our 2013 Defense in the Super Bowl. We absolutely dominated a Denver team that was setting records with more firepower. And SF gave up 21 points in the last 6 mins in the final quarter.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

hawks85

Reaction score
FPD":18gw59ml said:
I don't care what anyone says...the Hawks 2013 D was one of the best ever. The 49ers D is good this year, but not that good.

Edit - And remember, the 2013 D stomped on one of the most prolific passing attacks in NFL history too!
Hawks 2013 D top 3 for sure. Stomped is a understatement. That game was over after the very first play when manning let the ball go over his head.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2o9e08n9 said:
I can't stand them, but they are best team in the NFC and earned it. I don't think the gap is as big between them and that Hawks or Saints, but that's another discussion. Also, look how healthy they got at the right time. Add that to the #1 seed and there you have it. Should be a hell of a Superb Owl. That being said, nothing will look legendary after Mahomes and KC throw up a 30 burger on them.

Dude, you are truly psychic! SF was left "Mahomesless in Miami" by that ending.
The 30-burger was still stuck on "10" halfway through the 4th quarter, lol, but KC and Mahomes made your 30-burger prediction came true! I hope you bet the over/under on KC to get 30+!

So, which burger joint are you going to celebrate the 30-burger at? Maybe find a KC BBQ place that has burgers?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That Seahawk D wouldn't have allowed 31pts..
No way no how.