Niners 1-2...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Just got around to watching that SF vs AZ game. Man, Perish Cox dropped a game changing pick in the end zone. Kaepernick looked good in the short to intermediate passing game. Long balls were sailing a bit.

That o-line, not looking good. I actually couldn't help but think back to our offensive line last season and begging to see Bevell incorporate some short, quick passes in the game plan to help Russell out a bit.

Run defense looked improved from week 1. Chicago can't run the ball so it was difficult to give SF much credit for holding them to nothing in the run game but after this one I think they look better. Still no pass rush as has been mentioned by our resident Niner fans.

Going to be a good team despite the slow start imo.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fw88vm3 said:
ringless":2fw88vm3 said:
I just want them to lose. I want them to lose bad this week. I want to see that team humbled... 1-3, while not impossible to come back from when you have a team with that much talent. It pretty much is a death sentence... A win this week, could bring the team together, it could give them the confidence they could finish the season like they did last year.... But a loss could cause the locker room rifts to surface for real. A superb implosion, televised live... A talented team with an aging rosters window slams shut before the season even gets deep. A loss this week is one giant nail in the coffin.
:th2thumbs:
Mods, I like this Cards fan, can we keep him? 8)
Yeah, he's pretty solid. :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":2olxd3mt said:
Laloosh":2olxd3mt said:
ringless":2olxd3mt said:
I just want them to lose. I want them to lose bad this week. I want to see that team humbled... 1-3, while not impossible to come back from when you have a team with that much talent. It pretty much is a death sentence... A win this week, could bring the team together, it could give them the confidence they could finish the season like they did last year.... But a loss could cause the locker room rifts to surface for real. A superb implosion, televised live... A talented team with an aging rosters window slams shut before the season even gets deep. A loss this week is one giant nail in the coffin.

Let's be honest. You see their implosion as the only way for your Cardinals to make the playoffs. ;)

AZ has suffered more injuries (more so than SF). Props on winning with a backup QB and what many considered to be a decimated defense. Hope Palmer makes it back after the bye but I feel like there are 6-7 losses in your future.

Actually, it isn't the 49ers the team that bothers me so much.... It's more their fan base... Sure there are good posters like Marvin...

But then you have 49ersfan4life, young2rice, and several other posters who are just flat out delusional 70% of them are. If the 49ers started off 0-11 this year going into the Seattle game they would still be talking about how they have the best team ever, how Seattle is overrated and that their teams last 11 wins didn't count, and especially there week last loss because even the wind was against them, that because they have 5 rings before the salary cap era that overrides the 0 wins. No team would compare, for obvious reasons... Here is Niner logic/facts that I just can't stand....

The NFL, and all 32 owners are conspiring against them, because the league wants to see and I quote, "the pretty girl be dragged through the mud and hung"... They act like it's the Salem witch trials over there and the town is against them. It's like they have this god complex, facts don't count, logics don't count, because they are the 49ers and it is impossible for another team to be more talented for that reason. Not only is the NFL and it's 32 owners conspiring against them including York, but Goodell has had it out for them since day one.... The refs from every crew also hate them, and conspire against them... All I know is the NFL, it's owners, the commissioner, and the refs all must be great at keeping secrets, because for that many people to be in on it, and something like that not get out seems a little much....

They just irritate me, they can never give credit when its due... The 49ers have never lost a game, they have only gave them away..... A very giving franchise since the salary cap era started.... Anyways sorry for the rant, I have just never been so excited to see them possibly fall apart, and to see the reaction over at the webzone because its a beauty weekly.... A bad play over there often signifies the end of the season... So I'd like to see what a 1-3 start can do...

LOL

That bolded part is funny. Its not because I think you are wrong...Its because I think that's absolutely correct...for ALL RIVALS.

I don't hate the Raiders but I can't stand Raider fans. I don't hate the Seahawks (at least not all of them) but on the whole I don't like Seahawk fans.

In EVERY fanbase there are good ones and bad ones and the bad ones essentially set the script for what ALL fans of that team will be presented as. Same on all teams.

Only team I;ve never really run into that on is GB fans. Dunno...maybe its a Wisconsin thing. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^^

Am I going too far or being too much of a prig to say that if I believe anything about NFL fandom, it's that the types of opposing fans someone chooses to focus is only good for telling us the type of fan someone is.

I seriously believe that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vdczu6k said:
I don't hate the Raiders but I can't stand Raider fans. I don't hate the Seahawks (at least not all of them) but on the whole I don't like Seahawk fans.
So the truth finally comes out. IF you hate us so much, (which frankly I don't give 2 squirts if you hate us) why do you post here? There is only one reason.... first word is " To " second world starts with a T ends in L middle letters are ROL. Just admit it Marv.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3g08qxd0 said:
Marvin49":3g08qxd0 said:
So the truth finally comes out. IF you hate us so much, (which frankly I don't give 2 squirts if you hate us) why do you post here? There is only one reason.... first word is " To " second world starts with a T ends in L middle letters are ROL. Just admit it Marv.

TBH, I don't see Marv instigating much around here. He's been the recipient of plenty (which he's let roll off the back). Wouldn't label him as a troll.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":z81cceb0 said:
In EVERY fanbase there are good ones and bad ones and the bad ones essentially set the script for what ALL fans of that team will be presented as. Same on all teams.:)

I've never met a cool Raider fan.

Luckily they've been terrible for so long, Raider fans have gone into witness protection.

Red Sox fans are a close 2nd. They used to be kind of endearing and likable before 2004, but now their just straight up obnoxious.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3lugkdt2 said:
^^^^^

Am I going too far or being too much of a prig to say that if I believe anything about NFL fandom, it's that the types of opposing fans someone chooses to focus is only good for telling us the type of fan someone is.

I seriously believe that.
:34853_doh: :177692:
Boo hoo! Want a Kleenex ?

No one is forcing you to post on a rival team's board. You come in and troll (all be it in a clever but passive-aggressive way) and expect to be greeted with candy and flowers?

You are free to leave at anytime if it upsets you because everyone is not kissing your ring.

BTW, I thought you were leaving as of a few days ago, or was that just one of your fibs or exaggerations?

ringless

Reaction score
I love this board, because we have fans from every team that post consistently, and they seem to be good level headed posters on the NFL nation part of the forum... It is not exaggerated claims, or crazy posters... It's people that care about and understand football.... A lot of posters that contribute a lot from other teams allows for a lot of great discussions

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
ringless":1qd1a6r2 said:
and they seem to be good level headed posters on the NFL nation part of the forum... It is not exaggerated claims, or crazy posters...

Give it a little time...

Passepartout

Reaction score
It would be a huge upset if the Eagles beat the Niners. They are on a huge roll. One of three undefeated teams that are left. As Cardinals and Bengals both have the week off.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Passepartout":1a3bf0aw said:
It would be a huge upset if the Eagles beat the Niners. They are on a huge roll. One of three undefeated teams that are left. As Cardinals and Bengals both have the week off.
I'm not so sure about that. If I were in Vegas I'd probably put a Benji on Phily and take the points. I don't think SC can stop Phily on offense, and if Phily can contain Kraepperchoke it might get real ugly for the digits.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xtyijczn said:
Passepartout":xtyijczn said:
I'm not so sure about that. If I were in Vegas I'd probably put a Benji on Phily and take the points. I don't think SC can stop Phily on offense, and if Phily can contain Kraepperchoke it might get real ugly for the digits.
They can't though. They couldn't even stop Cousins he did that himself. Beyond the Giants every other defense in the NFC East should be in the Witness Protection Program it's criminal how bad they are.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Passepartout":3ic0jelc said:

How is a playoff team winning an upset, let alone a huge one?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":44h4f5zc said:
Laloosh":44h4f5zc said:
ringless":44h4f5zc said:

Let's be honest. You see their implosion as the only way for your Cardinals to make the playoffs. ;)

AZ has suffered more injuries (more so than SF). Props on winning with a backup QB and what many considered to be a decimated defense. Hope Palmer makes it back after the bye but I feel like there are 6-7 losses in your future.

Actually, it isn't the 49ers the team that bothers me so much.... It's more their fan base... Sure there are good posters like Marvin...

But then you have 49ersfan4life, young2rice, and several other posters who are just flat out delusional 70% of them are. If the 49ers started off 0-11 this year going into the Seattle game they would still be talking about how they have the best team ever, how Seattle is overrated and that their teams last 11 wins didn't count, and especially there week last loss because even the wind was against them, that because they have 5 rings before the salary cap era that overrides the 0 wins. No team would compare, for obvious reasons... Here is Niner logic/facts that I just can't stand....

The NFL, and all 32 owners are conspiring against them, because the league wants to see and I quote, "the pretty girl be dragged through the mud and hung"... They act like it's the Salem witch trials over there and the town is against them. It's like they have this god complex, facts don't count, logics don't count, because they are the 49ers and it is impossible for another team to be more talented for that reason. Not only is the NFL and it's 32 owners conspiring against them including York, but Goodell has had it out for them since day one.... The refs from every crew also hate them, and conspire against them... All I know is the NFL, it's owners, the commissioner, and the refs all must be great at keeping secrets, because for that many people to be in on it, and something like that not get out seems a little much....

They just irritate me, they can never give credit when its due... The 49ers have never lost a game, they have only gave them away..... A very giving franchise since the salary cap era started.... Anyways sorry for the rant, I have just never been so excited to see them possibly fall apart, and to see the reaction over at the webzone because its a beauty weekly.... A bad play over there often signifies the end of the season... So I'd like to see what a 1-3 start can do...

Your really only touching on half of it though. To Whiner fans (from a Seahawks view) we were just lucky last year and only won because we cheat, are all on PED's, pump in crowd noise, take cheap shots at the knees and heads trying to end their players careers and the officials helped us on every snap. Pete is a cheater with a history of cheating (meanwhile they're history includes an owner with a felony conviction for bribing a government official and draft picks lost on multiple occasions for cheating among other things) we are all band wagon fans that just started watching football last year and stole the 12th man saying from the Aggies.

That really is just the tip of the iceberg too. Some of the stuff they come up with could only be from a kid who couldn't possibly know anything about the history of our team or even their own. I remember a Niner fan proudly telling me to Google Eddie Debartolo. LMAO, obviously something he had never done himself. I didn't even know about the rape accusations. Gee, good advice there young Niner fan.

This stuff is also not new. Every year since we joined the NFC west the Whiner fans come screaming full speed as soon as the reality of their shitty performance from the previous year fades. Even before 2011 they were beyond obnoxious and petulant. It usually lasted until a few weeks in the season when they realized ( Aww, we suck again) they were really just pretenders for them to back off and then religiously the next off season the media would say how talented they are and zoom, here they come again to tell us they are royalty in the NFL. They actually use the word Regal. Yeah, maybe 86 Buick Regal.

Ringless, we feel your pain. I am enjoying their struggles as much as anyone.

Fun fact. At work a Niner fan was being obnoxious and was proclaiming Pete a Cheater because of what he did at USC so I asked him if he thought Bush should give his Heisman trophy and National championship ring back and he said why, what did he do?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3mxz784e said:
Fun fact. At work a Niner fan was being obnoxious and was proclaiming Pete a Cheater because of what he did at USC so I asked him if he thought Bush should give his Heisman trophy and National championship ring back and he said why, what did he do?
Pretty typical. I wonder what percentage of people know that Bush knew the guy he was taking money from since high school, too? LONG before he ever declared for USC.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15965oi0 said:
Pretty typical. I wonder what percentage of people know that Bush knew the guy he was taking money from since high school, too? LONG before he ever declared for USC.

Stop it Ro... you are taking away all they have man. A DenialNiner's coping mechanism is to talk about Carroll being a evil, dark demon dealing cheat. They talk about it like it is a known fact and verified by Snopes.

They are hurting. As I speak the radio is talking Harbadouche to Michigan, they just lost 2 straight, Greg Roman is wearing kevlar (which is not as effective against stabbings) the Niner offense hasn't scored a 2nd half TD and the NFL has an eternal plot to insure that one of the largest market teams in the league is not successful because they didn't sit Ray McDonald.

Don't take one of the few DenialNiner staples. If you do, they will only have PEDs and cantaloupe throwing fans on injured Niner players. Well.. and the pumped in crowd noise. A fact according to KNBR. By mentioning the Bush factoid you are removing one of the last rays of sunshine they have.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2snwjgfq said:
RolandDeschain":2snwjgfq said:

Stop it Ro... you are taking away all they have man. A DenialNiner's coping mechanism is to talk about Carroll being a evil, dark demon dealing cheat. They talk about it like it is a known fact and verified by Snopes.

They are hurting. As I speak the radio is talking Harbadouche to Michigan, they just lost 2 straight, Greg Roman is wearing kevlar (which is not as effective against stabbings) the Niner offense hasn't scored a 2nd half TD and the NFL has an eternal plot to insure that one of the largest market teams in the league is not successful because they didn't sit Ray McDonald.

Don't take one of the few DenialNiner staples. If you do, they will only have PEDs and cantaloupe throwing fans on injured Niner players. Well.. and the pumped in crowd noise. A fact according to KNBR. By mentioning the Bush factoid you are removing one of the last rays of sunshine they have.
I doubt that 95% of the denialzoners know that Pete was their DC from 95-96, and are unaware what city he was born in.