Niners 1-2...

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HAWKWOW
"My thoughts exactly. But after today, I think we can start focusing our voodoo on Zona just for fun. The 9ers will (imo) lose 3 of their next 4 and they are too fragile to pull out of that. I remain confident we will sweep the division.. Palmer or no Palmer. They got lucky as hell at the Clink last year."

That game was meaningless to us and eliminaition from the playoffs for them, and they still barely won. We would've killed them if it meant anything.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":nmd0pp04 said:
Yeah, I was kinda hoping the Whiners would win just so AZ wouldn't be 3-0. But it's also nice that they lost. :) A win-win situation, I guess.
Wash your mouth out!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SeaWolv":ji4frjct said:
Yeah the Cardinals are pretty scary right now.

After having closely watched all three of their games I don't really think so. They've benefited most from their opponents really struggling in the primary areas of their weaknesses, and also from some pretty lucky breaks (e.g. Jenning's being completely untouched and fumbling in the red zone in the 4th quarter of the Giants game, or Cruz having three really hilariously bad and wide open drops on long passes in the second half of that game) more so than playing very well on their part, IMO.

They still can't run up the middle, Stanton is even worse under pressure than Palmer has been (and much less consistently accurate when not under pressure than Palmer ever was), with age Fitzgerald is basically down to his amazing hands, smarts, and ability to box people out (e.g. a good receiver on 3rd downs when he can get out of his breaks, but not much else), and with their defensive turnover so far they haven't been able to generate a pass rush, even with all of their elaborate blitzes, which has left their secondary exposed.

It's a great start for them for sure, but I don't think they're nearly as good as they were last year. With enough breaks they might hit 10-6, but despit the record, they look like a 7-9 or 8-8 team to me this year (meaning, after starting 3-0, I'd guess they'll end up somewhere around 9-7 or so).

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":m51zg01j said:
I am not scared of AZ. They will never get to the big game with either of those two QB's. Fact.

One word...Trent Dilfer.

ringless

Reaction score
If they lose this week, and I am praying they do because I want to see a full meltdown on that board and see cancer spread throughout the locker room and staff as frustrations boil over... I am too excited.... But not only that, them dropping to 1-3, being 0-2 at home, 1-3 in the NFC, and 0-1 in the division just makes their season a massive uphill battle... Even if they finish with a tie for a WC spot, they most likely lose their tiebreakers with that NFC record..... Then teams like yours and mine just have to take care of Philly when we play them. But a loss to Philly is the perfect weekend for me. I want to watch that ship burn.... They'd also have an upcoming loss against the Broncos lol... The smile on my face just dreaming of the possibilities.....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2tdfp06b said:
I am not scared of AZ. They will never get to the big game with either of those two QB's. Fact.

Just to be clear here. Sgirl is not only not scared of AZ: She thinks they are the worst team ever to be created in the NFL and hates them with a hundred suns if only the sun could be created hot enough.

AZ is the scourge of the NFL according to her: she HATES them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":tekbqq0f said:
If they lose this week, and I am praying they do because I want to see a full meltdown on that board and see cancer spread throughout the locker room and staff as frustrations boil over... I am too excited.... But not only that, them dropping to 1-3, being 0-2 at home, 1-3 in the NFC, and 0-1 in the division just makes their season a massive uphill battle... Even if they finish with a tie for a WC spot, they most likely lose their tiebreakers with that NFC record..... Then teams like yours and mine just have to take care of Philly when we play them. But a loss to Philly is the perfect weekend for me. I want to watch that ship burn.... They'd also have an upcoming loss against the Broncos lol... The smile on my face just dreaming of the possibilities.....

This week all I want is for Niners to BEAT UP Philly. Keep the D on the field. Make them tired. Make them sore. Make them so damn tired all they want to do is rest.

Best chance Rams have. :D

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":i2m1wvp3 said:
SeaWolv":i2m1wvp3 said:
ZorntoLargent":i2m1wvp3 said:
Great birthday present, we win, whiners lose.

Happy Birthday man!
:13:

I'll be 58 in a few days. I know you're a member of the 38 club so I'll ask how old are you today?
I was 8 when I saw my first Hawks game.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Anyone read the article saying Harbaugh may be on his way to coach the Michigan Wolverines???

Sherminator

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3ditxmf6 said:
Anyone read the article saying Harbaugh may be on his way to coach the Michigan Wolverines???

I think it was from the same writers that claimed Wilson's ex-wife had an affair with Golden Tate.
Quality reading :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Harbaugh to Michigan has legs.

He would be given everything he wants, Money, Control, Prestige, He would be going Home, he would bring back Bo knows Football mentality.

He would not have to deal with the Politics of the NFL and Goodells be nice and everyone gets a Tootsie Pop mentality. He would be going to the top of the heap as far as Schools. Or what used to be. Michigan would give and accommodate his every wish, at least initially.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1s8p4vfs said:

IIRC it has just been two PFT conjecture piece, no? It's a "Michigan and the 9ers are both underperforming so isn't this interesting" type of thing. I don't remember either piece claiming that there was any actual reporting behind them.

(Although I could be wrong, and if anyone has a link, by all means. ;) ).

chris98251

Reaction score
I have seen various stories over the last few months from different places, there is some smoke, not sure how hot it is though. Some wondering if they will go after him, some saying they will, some saying they have approached him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ K. I've just seen the PFT ones, which (just checked again) are of the think-piece variety.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
WOAH, okay.

I found an article that says an insider is claiming that Harbaugh would accept the Michigan job if offered.

The only downside is that..............

It's about John Harbaugh. :lol:

The only mention of Jim Harbaugh it makes is that he turned down the Michigan job in 2011.
http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolv ... -10-2-4680

Looking through articles it looks like there's a lot saying it should be Jim Harbaugh, and a lot saying it should be John Harbaugh. Both give variations on the same story (Michigan sucks, Guy X would want to come back, Guy X's NFL team is going through turmoil right now)

Sherminator

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2a9onszc said:
WOAH, okay.

I found an article that says an insider is claiming that Harbaugh would accept the Michigan job if offered.

The only downside is that..............

It's about John Harbaugh. :lol:

The only mention of Jim Harbaugh it makes is that he turned down the Michigan job in 2011.
http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolv ... -10-2-4680

Looking through articles it looks like there's a lot saying it should be Jim Harbaugh, and a lot saying it should be John Harbaugh. Both give variations on the same story (Michigan sucks, Guy X would want to come back, Guy X's NFL team is going through turmoil right now)

Oh Popeye, you and your facts