NHL to announce opening of formal expansion process

m0ng0

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":nlo0qgn8 said:
Also...why does Portland not have an NHL team? Isn't the Moda Center state of the art? Would be an instant rivalry with Vancouver and i'm sure it would be supported.

The Moda Center is owned by Paul Allen's group and is built to NHL spec's, his front office has many ex NHL execs now working for him. (this changed about 3 years ago I believe) I believe he is open to the idea, but paying 500 million for a "franchise fee" is just dumb, I believe his group is waiting to swoop in and buy a team on the cheap (coyotes or panthers)

why pay 500 million for a franchise fee when you could buy the Coyotes whom according to Forbes have a value of about 150 million?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hosnk7x said:
twisted_steel2":3hosnk7x said:
As long as the NHL is satisfied and confident the arena here in Tukwila will be completed on time, we should be on equal standing in that regard.

Don't forget though that this is only one of many factors the NHL will be vetting. They also have to look over the arena plans, location logistics and most importantly don't forget that Tukwila is in King County...........so if Dow Constantine and the other King County council members show strong resistance to the Tukwila site because they're already heavily invested in the SoDo arena project, that could prove troublesome for the NHL if they choose Tukwila.

I don't care, I just want hockey. But I also don't want hockey in Tukwila if that means the death of getting our Sonics back, which is a very real possiblity if the NHL goes to Tukwila.
I want the NHL, and the NBA can <censored as this isn't a shacked forum>!!!!!
Being a northender I'd prefer it not be Tukwila as I'd have to drive thru Seattle to get there, but if it means we get a NHL team then so be it. :th2thumbs:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sounding like a group from Toronto, Tukwilla, Quebec, Vegas and Bellevue have thrown their offers into the ring.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
CPHawk":kxos9xx9 said:
Sounding like a group from Toronto, Tukwilla, Quebec, Vegas and Bellevue have thrown their offers into the ring.
Bellevue....?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":tu0uvcnz said:
twisted_steel2":tu0uvcnz said:
The King County council thing is interesting, hadn't thought of that potential road block.

Let's say they do prefer Sodo... wonder how much influence they really have as its a privately funded arena? If public money is involved, sure they're all involved and talking it to death for years.

But a private investor spending his own $$ on his own land? In combination with the city fast tracking it?

Maybe a dumb question but is there any city that has separate but modern hockey and basketball arenas?

Not a dumb question, but Suns/Coyotes and Heat/Panthers come to mind.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2hz527l3 said:
Dumb questions when do they pick the two teams????

Most of the articles I've read said fall or early winter is when the NHL would make the announcement.

m0ng0

Reaction score
kobebryant":2eyiz7j5 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2eyiz7j5 said:
twisted_steel2":2eyiz7j5 said:
The King County council thing is interesting, hadn't thought of that potential road block.

Let's say they do prefer Sodo... wonder how much influence they really have as its a privately funded arena? If public money is involved, sure they're all involved and talking it to death for years.

But a private investor spending his own $$ on his own land? In combination with the city fast tracking it?

Maybe a dumb question but is there any city that has separate but modern hockey and basketball arenas?

Not a dumb question, but Suns/Coyotes and Heat/Panthers come to mind.

And both of those NHL teams are in big trouble right now......it could be coincidence

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2015/06/30/arizona-co ... new-owner/

Sin City is getting hockey, two sources close to the situation told The Post.

Sources.... hhhhmmmm

Coyotes to Vegas, Seattle and Quebec City get expansions. Everyone is happy!!!

17pv8zq0imq9ngif

Jeremy-Renner.gif

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2sn5d8mo said:
dopeboy206":2sn5d8mo said:
Dumb questions when do they pick the two teams????

Most of the articles I've read said fall or early winter is when the NHL would make the announcement.

Cool bro. Thanks for that info.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GIVE ME A NHL TEAM IN SEATTLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing new, just had to have a little outburst.... :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2onvf8oo said:

Take it for what it's worth...... but Seth Everett (who was filling in for Softy) spoke to a NHL insider that said Seattle's odds were really really good if they submit a bid, and regardless of what happens next week, it's not a matter of if, but WHEN Seattle gets an NHL team. I like the sound of that :lol: :th2thumbs:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3m2g9390 said:
Sports Hernia":3m2g9390 said:

Take it for what it's worth...... but Seth Everett (who was filling in for Softy) spoke to a NHL insider that said Seattle's odds were really really good if they submit a bid, and regardless of what happens next week, it's not a matter of if, but WHEN Seattle gets an NHL team. I like the sound of that :lol: :th2thumbs:

Now I am hard

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2iip79kt said:
Sports Hernia":2iip79kt said:
Sports Hernia":2iip79kt said:

Now I am hard

pass-out.gif

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I knew those two couldn't get their acts together. :(

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Art_Thiel/status/622228326778671104[/tweet]

Blitzer88

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1b0z00mt said:
I knew those two couldn't get their acts together. :(

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Art_Thiel/status/622228326778671104[/tweet]

smdh.................................fantastic opportunity wasted.

Exittium

Reaction score
I honestly have to questin Hansen's intentions tbh. I understand he wants an NBA team, but the chances of that happening soon are much less than the NHL. The NHL WANTS to be in Seattle. I honestly don't trust nor like Hansen, something about him just rubs me wrong (appropriately speaking of course)

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Alot of info on Geoff Baker's twitter:

https://twitter.com/GeoffBakerTIMES

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeoffBakerTIMES/status/622233684716851200[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeoffBakerTIMES/status/622234775886036993[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeoffBakerTIMES/status/622235216350810113[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeoffBakerTIMES/status/622288496661671936[/tweet]

:Dunno:

chris98251

Reaction score
So same ole same ole, talk is cheap, Cities and Politicians all say how great it would be, then when the time comes to put up and back up your talk they all run to the hills and blame the voters or the councils or someone else.

Just makes my disdain for Shultz all the more justified, could have sold to Balmer, we would have the Sonics, the Arena and with this a Hockey team.

Latest posts