NFL Sanctions?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Who cares if it wasn't weed? If it were cocaine, heroin, XTC, etc., is it worse than DUI, shooting guns at people, rape, or domestic violence?

I would say no.

But yeah, the Seahawks' season is tainted. All of that weed gave the legion of boom that lovey dovey peace love and understanding attitude that served them so well on the field.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2p502mje said:
lvnginhwktwn":2p502mje said:
Agreed on the weed, but the league has not said it was weed, they said substance abuse, because of the privacy policy they're not allowed to disclose what the substance was. Now last time your guys got popped for "substance abuse" most of them came out and said it was Aderall. So why would anyone beilive it was only weed? I think if Browner or Thurmon gave a shit about your team they would allow the league to say what the substance was, and if its only weed it should be no big deal, but if they don't say then people are going to base their oppinions on the previous suspensions.

Bottom line is with your team having the most suspensions for this type of infraction, it cast a dark shadow on your teams accomplishments this year. For lack of better term "the Armstrong effect". It cast doubt, did Seattle win because they're all juiced up or because they're talented?

Maybe I jumped the gun on the Aldon DUI, but you guys were all over it, and when it happened Marshawn had already been popped for his DUI. Atleast the 49ers put Aldon in rehab and did without him for many weeks. What have the Hawks done about Marshawn?

Don't be obtuse. Adderall is a PED, substance abuse is not. No player can be popped for "substance abuse" with Adderall.

So no, the Seahawks do not have the most suspensions for this type of infraction.

Also, Marshawn was "popped" in the off season, not caught driving drunk hours before practice.

If I was a NIner fan living in Seattle, I too would have extra hate. But at least get your shit straight.

I'm going to piggyback of your mojo, Scott.

Yeah, livinginhawktown.

It also seemed to me you're making mountain out of mole hills.

Seriously, PEDs does not equal Substance Abuse nor does Substance Abuse = Cheating.

Whether or not if it was truly weed or not... I don't think you can say the Seahawks were cheating. Use that argument if you want... but its stupid as fock in my book.

If anything all these substance abuse penalties have done is hurt the Seahawks, not give them the edge on playing the field.

Maybe you could have said it last year, but not this year... Seahawks haven't cheated in 2013... you can argue Irvin but he served a 4 year suspension the first 4 games and was suspended in April. That's drug tests passed in May, June, July, August, September, October, and November. 7 months.

Until another PED scandal surfaces in 2013 keep your "cheating" remarks to yourself.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's clear the media hates the Hawks and a lot of people want them to fail. Just makes it better when they win the whole damn thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xpz66bz said:
It's clear the media hates the Hawks and a lot of people want them to fail. Just makes it better when they win the whole damn thing.

A few people myself included thought we were getting the reputation a lot like the Raiders of the 70's and 80's, if you were not part of the fan base you were on the hater wagon, thats media and everyone including the league, were just getting adjusted to being successful, that takes a certain mentality to maintain that success. Getting used to being successful and hated by a lot of different sources ie fans, media, league, etc may take a new level of adjustment. The Raiders kept to themselves and became a brotherhood and us against the world approach. That fit Al Davis' style anyway. Not sure that can work as well here with Paul Allen and Pete or what approach would. I know that the team talks of unity, is that a strong enough bond as a franchise from the top down.