NFL.com Preseason Power Rankings - SEA #25

toffee

Reaction score
The #25 was based upon no improvement on OL, depleted DL, back field, and receiving Corp., under those assumptions, #25 made sense.

The homer in toffee will rebut that Pete and John created the LOB v1 with no names, castoffs, and our Earl, an undersized FS. No reason Pete couldn’t create LOB v2?

John also approach the OL issue by getting blocking TE, improved RB Corp., the media haven’t wrap their mind around that yet. we also draft my boy Jamarco Jones, a true sleeper of the draft. I am betting on Jones starting the season as our RT.

One common trait of our new comers? everyone got chips on their shoulders, guess what? That’s Pete’s system at its best, underdog, chips on shoulders.

If our running game starts to work, and LOB v2 shows some life? We can be way better than #25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popeyejones

Reaction score
nrayorr":3dpo21bf said:
Once again the Hawks are disrespected by the mediots. Once again I believe that they will have to write how wrong they were in all of their off season ranting about how much we are going to suck.

Last year at this time the same guy had the Seahawks rated #7 in the NFL and they didn’t even make the playoffs.

The year before that he had them rated #6 and they got toasted by the Falcons in the divisional round.

The year before that he had them rated #2 and they didn’t even win their division, and it took a blown chipshot for them to make it out of the wild card round before getting posterized by the Panthers.

I don’t think the Seahawks are going to finish at #25 this year, but if this guy has been wrong it has been that he’s been constantly overrating them.

This story about how mediots are constantly underrating the Seahawks is cooked up, and way overbaked.

kf3339

Reaction score
toffee":3oc40x7d said:
The #25 was based upon no improvement on OL, depleted DL, back field, and receiving Corp., under those assumptions, #25 made sense.

The homer in toffee will rebut that Pete and John created the LOB v1 with no names, castoffs, and our Earl, an undersized FS. No reason Pete couldn’t create LOB v2?

John also approach the OL issue by getting blocking TE, improved RB Corp., the media haven’t wrap their mind around that yet. we also draft my boy Jamarco Jones, a true sleeper of the draft. I am betting on Jones starting the season as our RT.

One common trait of our new comers? everyone got chips on their shoulders, guess what? That’s Pete’s system at its best, underdog, chips on shoulders.

If our running game starts to work, and LOB v2 shows some life? We can be way better than #25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^This.

I agree with everyone of these points.

I also will mention that I think Mingo could really shine in our system which makes our LB core complete since Irvine left to the Raiders. In addition I think our DL will surprise to the upside this year will a healthy mix of quality vets and young guys that want to prove themselves.

Last Jones has been on my radar as well and see him as a RT as well for us. It doesn't make sense keeping him and Fant on the left and he has a lot more experience as a tackle. Besides, we are more than likely going to have a blocking TE on that side a lot, so he just needs to not make stupid penalty mistakes. That is something that I just don't think Ifedi will ever get right at this point. May as well see if Jones or Battle can do the job.

kf3339

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2s45vru3 said:
nrayorr":2s45vru3 said:
Once again the Hawks are disrespected by the mediots. Once again I believe that they will have to write how wrong they were in all of their off season ranting about how much we are going to suck.

Last year at this time the same guy had the Seahawks rated #7 in the NFL and they didn’t even make the playoffs.

The year before that he had them rated #6 and they got toasted by the Falcons in the divisional round.

The year before that he had them rated #2 and they didn’t even win their division, and it took a blown chipshot for them to make it out of the wild card round before getting posterized by the Panthers.

I don’t think the Seahawks are going to finish at #25 this year, but if this guy has been wrong it has been that he’s been constantly overrating them.

This story about how mediots are constantly underrating the Seahawks is cooked up, and way overbaked.

Cool find!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't see the team being any worse than 2010-2011, which puts them as a middle-of-the-pack team, not a bottom-dweller.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As Popeye pointed out, they have been overrated for years.

This is really just the sign that some of the talking heads are done with overrating them. Which generally manifests as underrating them.

Pretty normal.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2o1y8jk0 said:
As Popeye pointed out, they have been overrated for years.

This is really just the sign that some of the talking heads are done with overrating them. Which generally manifests as underrating them.

Pretty normal.

Yeah. Agreed.

TBF tho, if you make it to back-to-back Super Bowls it’s only reasonable that you’re going to be overrated for a few years until you definitively prove otherwise. And totally agreed that pendulum can then back the other way too. I

Like most people I don’t really give a rat about team rankings (let alone preseason team rankings), but my skin in the game on this one is I’m pretty curmudgeonly about media bashing, particularly when it’s just objectively wrong. :2thumbs:

Steve2222

Reaction score
How’s is there no improvement to the OL? Clearly the OL is improved from last year. Are you expecting them to go from the worst OL to a Tier 1 OL in one offseason?

Mick063

Reaction score
Really it boils down to one thing. One thing that Bevell never could get right.

Keep the defense off the field long enough to get a breather. You can only do that with a solid run game and solid play calling.

If the offense can regularly generate some first downs and give the defense a needed rest, especially in the early, humid/hot games, the Seahawks may actually put up a better record than last year.

mrt144

Reaction score
Mick063":1vdcqyqa said:
Really it boils down to one thing. One thing that Bevell never could get right.

Keep the defense off the field long enough to get a breather. You can only do that with a solid run game and solid play calling.

If the offense can generate some first downs and give the defense a needed rest, especially in the early, humid/hot games, the Seahawks may actually put up a better record than last year.

It's not discretely about resting the defense. It's about giving the opposing offense more opportunities while not capitalizing at all on your own, even for better field position. As much as giving the defense a spell matters, so does the morale hit of seemingly putting more and more and more on the defense to not just play good, but great, almost every single drive where that's a taller task than merely getting a first down.

Yes, giving up 3rd and longs is terrible and it happened routinely but the margin for error on the offense was seemingly a mile wide while the margin of error for the defense was non existent.

Which is fine, I guess, if you have the horses that can run in those conditions.