NFL banned substance rules should vary by state.

muxpux

Reaction score
zero chance it goes state to state, but i really dont see a problem dropping pot testing altogether. if your caught selling it, driving high, something stupid like that (and illegal) then go for it. i just dont have a problem with people doing it on their own, off time. its no different than buying a bottle and getting plastered on a weeknight, which im sure a lot of players do.

what really needs to happen is they need to come up with a better test for how high you are at that point. we all know weed stays in your system too long.

and as for the medical aspect, whats league policy if a player were to apply for a "green card" making it basically a prescription?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawks08":x1yec0dw said:
bestfightstory":x1yec0dw said:
What about airline pilots who live in Washington and Colorado?

What about law enforcement and probation officers?

Driving or flying under the influence is a problem I agree. Showing up under the influence at work is a problem too, but doing it in their own time as recreational does not make sense. So be it Pilots, Law Enforcement or anyone, as long as it does not impact your work, it should not be an offense in my opinion.

This is not a political, legal or social issue, it's a workplace issue.

The NFL is no different than any other business that employs union workers that sign a collective bargaining agreement with it's parent company. Manufacturing, police dept, fire dept, govt jobs, hospital workers, truckers, contractors, on and on...........you name a union job and there's a little dude with horned rimmed glasses at the end of the line handing you a pee cup.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1vym90d8 said:
Hawknballs":1vym90d8 said:
Wartooth":1vym90d8 said:
Marijuana DUI Arrests UP 50 Percent Since Legalization...

The Washington State Patrol normally stops about 1,000 motorists annually for driving under the influence of marijuana.

According to new data released by the WSP this week, some 745 drivers tested positive for pot in just the last six months.

If that average continues, it would mean just under 1,500 drivers nabbed in 2013 — about a 50 percent increase over 2012.

or it just means that prior to being legalized, it simply wasn't standard practice to administer a marijuana test to every person pulled over. But I'm sure that now that its legal all the weed users have suddenly just decided to get high and drive in droves. .
Just a few months after being legalised my younger brother and a group of young kids were convinced smoking pot was a ok because " hey its legal now!" they then started driving while high too(apparently their decision making was impaired go figure). So I don't think you can say that legalization and higher amounts of arrest for dui is not related in any way.

Driving while under the influence of weed is not dangerous. Some studies suggest it's actually safer. The fact that cops are giving people DUIs for it is absurd and if I lived in WA right now I would be up in arms about it and I'm not sure why more people aren't. No harmless person should ever deserve to go to jail and suffer the other consequences that come with a DUI.

You seem to have a hatred for weed. If that's the case, don't smoke it. I'm sorry that you feel the need to have the government watch over your brother and his friend's decisions, but I highly doubt your brother and his friends are simple-minded enough to do something just because it's legal.

As far as the NFL goes I think most of the posters have hit all the right points. Just because something is legal doesn't mean a business has to allow it. Simple example: It's legal for me to grow a beard, but if I want to work at Pizza Hut I'd have to shave it. The NFL wouldn't want to cross this bridge...not until it's federally legal.