NFL banned substance rules should vary by state.

capncrunch

Reaction score
In my opinion, the NFL shouldn't ban substances unless they are illegal in all of the states that have franchises. It is unfair to the Seahawks and I guess the Broncos to have their players tested and possibly suspended for marijuana use if they are not breaking the laws of Washington or Colorado by partaking. The NFL should either change their list of substances or make jurisdictional exceptions. I'd like to hear other people's opinions. I have more to write, but will stop now. I have an appointment with a dude at the VMAC to buy some dope. Brandon and Walter told me he is offering some new strains. 8)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
What about airline pilots who live in Washington and Colorado?

What about law enforcement and probation officers?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":9w7noirc said:

I would much rather my pilot were smoking weed than drinking alcohol.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
If I get popped on a test, my career goes up in smoke in no time flat.
Theirs is almost as bad because players have a limited shelf life.
I think it's fair the way it is.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I would much rather he not be doing either. How bout the Seahawks just learn to lay off the weed like most other responsible adults.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":c36exi2q said:
bestfightstory":c36exi2q said:

:13:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Perhaps Washington could just legalize Roids and Adderall too? Championship!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
As long as the laws vary by state the NFL is entitled to it's own policy. If it were nationally legalized (which it should be) then I would agree.

What's stupid is brandon browner is suspended for a year for presumably smoking weed, and for all we know not putting anyone in danger. yet guys who get loaded and drive drunk and put lives at risk get 1 game.

Not feeling sorry for Browner, he's an idiot for doing it. I just think it's sort of a reflection on society - so much shit is 'taboo' because people are simply ignorant.

Now if you'll excuse me i'm about to drop some Maui Waui into my vape pen.

Throwdown

Reaction score
No it shouldn't, players just need to be smarter. You think smoking ganja is more important, go pull a Ricky Williams.

rsm650

Reaction score
Yeah, that should do it state by state - doesn't make any sense that the players can smoke cigs, drink alcohol, and sleep with any women they want but can't smoke weed...however the players agreed to a contract with the NFL, their employer, so they should abide under those terms until the NFL decides to change it.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2jczpzmu said:
As long as the laws vary by state the NFL is entitled to it's own policy. If it were nationally legalized (which it should be) then I would agree.

What's stupid is brandon browner is suspended for a year for presumably smoking weed, and for all we know not putting anyone in danger. yet guys who get loaded and drive drunk and put lives at risk get 1 game.

Not feeling sorry for Browner, he's an idiot for doing it. I just think it's sort of a reflection on society - so much shit is 'taboo' because people are simply ignorant.

Hmm I don't think weed should be legal so it makes me ignorant huh? I suppose I could call you ignorant too but I won't go there.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Obviously no matter what your job is, you shouldn't be allowed to be high on the job. But if it's legal in your state, I would think that you should be able to partake on your own time.

I work on a gov't contract in WA, and even though it's legal here, I still couldn't smoke if I wanted to because it's not legal at the Federal level. Once it's legal at that level, then I would guess they'd stop pre-employment/random testing for it everywhere.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2h6vakgb said:

Yep.

The NFL is not an elected governmental body. It's a private, non-profit (which is a load of BS) organization.

There are NFL banned PEDs that are legal over the counter in all 50 states, there are others that are legal in some states and not others, and others that aren't legal in any states. Why should it be any different for non-PEDs?

For me, wanting private org like the NFL to make the conscious decision to create inequity between its teams by deciding to enforce banned substances unequally across teams is just a really bad idea, and TBH, it just kind of sounds like sour grapes. If you suspected that doing this would hurt your favorite team rather than help it, I seriously question if you'd be proposing the same idea.

("suspected" because AFAIK we don't know if Browner was popped for marijuana, which is to non-PEDS what "adderall" is to PEDS; the NFL doesn't release what the actual substance is, so of course every player ever insists or implies it was the most trivial one, which we all should obviously know is not always the case).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":lgfzl3bo said:
bestfightstory":lgfzl3bo said:

I'd rather my pilot not be impaired at all while he's flying a 150,000 lb metal tube with 500 people on it. I'd also like the players just follow the damn rules that they agreed to through their union while making obscene amounts of money that most of us don't make in 10 years. How bout that? How hard is that?

John Schneider: "Listen Brandon, we're going to pay you $800,000 to play football for us. But there's a catch, you have to not do any drugs, take PED's or kill someone."

Brandon Browner: "Dude, I just can't handle all those rules. I'd rather get high even though I know it might lead to a 3rd strike and I'd not only be suspended for a year, but I'd let down my family, city and team that's 10-1 and on a potential historic run to the Super Bowl."

Axx

Reaction score
bestfightstory":15nmca6r said:

who says it will be legal for them to go to work under the influence?

Just like alcohol which can be done recreationally but you can not do it on the job.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3b6cwjrh said:
Hawknballs":3b6cwjrh said:

Hmm I don't think weed should be legal so it makes me ignorant huh? I suppose I could call you ignorant too but I won't go there.

1954 called, they want their ideals back.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Marijuana DUI Arrests UP 50 Percent Since Legalization...

The Washington State Patrol normally stops about 1,000 motorists annually for driving under the influence of marijuana.

According to new data released by the WSP this week, some 745 drivers tested positive for pot in just the last six months.

If that average continues, it would mean just under 1,500 drivers nabbed in 2013 — about a 50 percent increase over 2012.

Latest posts