Next Hawks game flexed out? . flexed out of primetime update

rcaido

Reaction score
Will they be allowed to flex the Seahawks vs Rams too on 12/8? There is a Patriots vs Chiefs matchup im sure the rest of the USA would rather watch.

12/15 Chargers vs Vikings dont look interesting, maybe they can do a makeup by giving us primetime instead w/ Seahawks vs Panthers 10am game.

Sac

Reaction score
The *Seahawks* weren't flexed out, the Eagles were. If the Eagles had a better record this game would still be in prime time.

vonstout

Reaction score
4 early games on the east coast wasn’t enough. They moved our Sunday night game at Philly next Sunday to another early game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Games get flexed it happens. Trust me, there are far worst schedules than what we have. The NFL doesn’t hate us, they make a schedule for all 32 teams and that can make it tough on certain teams.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Agreed flexing games doesn't bother me and Seattle has done really well in Eastern time zone.

But I doubt there are 'far worse' schedules than what the Hawks have.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
You know that in here, if we lose, this will be the sole reason. And my foot will be half on that wagon... Historically, we are much better in Prime Time than East Coast 10 am games. If we lose, I'll be whining about it... Just not on here...

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3999xnph said:
Games get flexed it happens. Trust me, there are far worst schedules than what we have. The NFL doesn’t hate us, they make a schedule for all 32 teams and that can make it tough on certain teams.
Care to mention one? The Steelers were very upset at being given a third trip west back in 2003?, when they traveled a fraction of the air miles that the Seahawks travel in our best years.

CBS Sports":3999xnph said:
In the 15-season period from 1997-2011, teams that traveled 2,000 miles or more for a road trip had a winning percentage of just .398... teams that traveled 1,000 miles or less for a road game had a winning percentage 32 points higher at .430....

Anyway, all of this is bad news for the Seahawks, and that's because they're going to have to deal with five one-way flights of at least 2,000 miles in 2019, which leads the NFL. The Seahawks will also be traveling the most miles of any team that doesn't have an international trip this year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
AgentDib":14rregg1 said:
Hawk-Lock":14rregg1 said:
Care to mention one? The Steelers were very upset at being given a third trip west back in 2003?, when they traveled a fraction of the air miles that the Seahawks travel in our best years.

CBS Sports":14rregg1 said:
In the 15-season period from 1997-2011, teams that traveled 2,000 miles or more for a road trip had a winning percentage of just .398... teams that traveled 1,000 miles or less for a road game had a winning percentage 32 points higher at .430....

Anyway, all of this is bad news for the Seahawks, and that's because they're going to have to deal with five one-way flights of at least 2,000 miles in 2019, which leads the NFL. The Seahawks will also be traveling the most miles of any team that doesn't have an international trip this year.

Of course we are going to travel more, we are in the corner of the map and we don’t have any teams remotely close to us. Should we be upset at geography? As for the schedule, we play east coast teams on the road, so yeah, we are going to play morning games. We are lucky we didn’t get any back to back road games. Do you know how how fortunate we are not to have consecutive road games, we are probably one of the few teams that can say that.

Niners has a far worse schedule. Their first two games were on the road, both back East. Then they get screwed with a week 4 bye. They also play Arizona twice in three weeks. Oh and they have five early games, just like us.
Saints had back to back west coast road games against us and the Rams. Pretty unfair.
Tampa has to play 4 of 5 on the road, including two trips out west. They also got stuck with a London trip.
Cincinnati has to play three of their first four games on the road.
KC played first two games on the road and three of first four on the road.

I’m not going to dissect each teams schedule, but I’m sure every fan base has their complaints. I just checked Arizona’s schedule and guess what, they also have the same amount of morning games. Every team in our division except the Rams have five east coast early games. If you are a west coast team and have to play the AFC North, South or East, decent chance you will have some early games.

Like I said, you kind find way worst schedules. How about the teams that got dealt a bye in week 4? We are fortunate to have a bye late which is great for a post season run.

People on here just really like to make our team the victim. We aren’t even close to getting screwed by the schedule.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1frr9bec said:
AgentDib":1frr9bec said:
Hawk-Lock":1frr9bec said:

CBS Sports":1frr9bec said:

Of course we are going to travel more, we are in the corner of the map and we don’t have any teams remotely close to us. Should we be upset at geography? As for the schedule, we play east coast teams on the road, so yeah, we are going to play morning games. We are lucky we didn’t get any back to back road games. Do you know how how fortunate we are not to have consecutive road games, we are probably one of the few teams that can say that.

Niners has a far worse schedule. Their first two games were on the road, both back East. Then they get screwed with a week 4 bye. They also play Arizona twice in three weeks. Oh and they have five early games, just like us.
Saints had back to back west coast road games against us and the Rams. Pretty unfair.
Tampa has to play 4 of 5 on the road, including two trips out west. They also got stuck with a London trip.

I’m not going to dissect each teams schedule, but I’m sure every fan base has their complaints. I just checked Arizona’s schedule and guess what, they also have the same amount of morning games. Every team in our division except the Rams have five east coast early games. If you are a west coast team and have to play the AFC North, South or East, decent chance you will have some early games.

Like I said, you kind find way worst schedules. How about the teams that got dealt a bye in week 4? We are fortunate to have a bye late which is great for a post season run.

People on here just really like to make our team the victim. We aren’t even close to getting screwed by the schedule.

They did not need to make it a 10:00 am game, if they flexed it to 1:00 pm ok, not happy, but they gave us the worst time knowing it as well.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
chris98251":2y4dssq7 said:
Hawk-Lock":2y4dssq7 said:
AgentDib":2y4dssq7 said:
Hawk-Lock":2y4dssq7 said:

CBS Sports":2y4dssq7 said:

They did not need to make it a 10:00 am game, if they flexed it to 1:00 pm ok, not happy, but they gave us the worst time knowing it as well.

This was already discussed in the other thread, but the reason why they didn't flex us to 1:00pm is because Fox protected the Cowboys vs Patriots game. They wouldn't want to air the game at the same time, so we got the 10:00am slot. Pretty simple explanation, and. Nothing to do with giving us the "worst time and knowing it". What is wrong with people? Between this and the DK fumbled the amount of people unable to accept the obvious is way too high. I mean I get we are homers, but some of you are way too far down the delusional path.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":i568u3bo said:
chris98251":i568u3bo said:
Hawk-Lock":i568u3bo said:
AgentDib":i568u3bo said:

This was already discussed in the other thread, but the reason why they didn't flex us to 1:00pm is because Fox protected the Cowboys vs Patriots game. They wouldn't want to air the game at the same time, so we got the 10:00am slot. Pretty simple explanation, and. Nothing to do with giving us the "worst time and knowing it". What is wrong with people? Between this and the DK fumbled the amount of people unable to accept the obvious is way too high. I mean I get we are homers, but some of you are way too far down the delusional path.

Yup...when it comes to schedules, the Networks are the ones who have the power and control here. They pay good money for that right.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Didn't you hear, the league and refs are out to get us 24/7........and will stop at nothing to assure defeat.

We must stay vigilant though, we can't relax for even one minute here. We must continue to fight the good fight, continue to rail against The Man! LEAVE NO BIAS THREAD UNTURNED!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!

P yD0r

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Yup...when it comes to schedules, the Networks are the ones who have the power and control here. They pay good money for that right.

I am sorry but this is unequivocally false. I have a good friend who was one of four individuals responsible for creating the NFL schedule from about 2011 to 2017. They once gave a presentation to all the coaches describing how the schedule is generated and Pete came up to my buddy afterward and told him never to give that presentation again and that knowing what happened behind the closed doors of the scheduling room, which even the commissioner didn't have a key card for, was "terrifying".

But go ahead and fantasize that you actually know the ins and outs about how this is done. Networks have some limited control, but the NFL itself is king of the schedule.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":151mfcxv said:

I am sorry but this is unequivocally false. I have a good friend who was one of four individuals responsible for creating the NFL schedule from about 2011 to 2017. They once gave a presentation to all the coaches describing how the schedule is generated and Pete came up to my buddy afterward and told him never to give that presentation again and that knowing what happened behind the closed doors of the scheduling room, which even the commissioner didn't have a key card for, was "terrifying".

But go ahead and fantasize that you actually know the ins and outs about how this is done. Networks have some limited control, but the NFL itself is king of the schedule.

So if you were NBC you would have kept the Hawks vs a 5-4 Eagles team, who's probably going to be 5-5 after playing the Patriots this weekend over the two teams with the best records in the NFC?

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vcjb1uix said:
Milehighhawk":vcjb1uix said:

So if you were NBC you would have kept the Hawks vs a 5-4 Eagles team, who's probably going to be 5-5 after playing the Patriots this weekend over the two teams with the best records in the NFC?

I am sorry, I see no mention of those teams in what I wrote above so not going to answer a topic I didn't address. In case others have trouble reading, I am addressing the false assertion that the networks are in sole control of the schedule.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3pf69fdb said:

You are comparing apples and oranges here. Creating the schedule in the offseason and deciding the flex schedule on Sundays are completely separate and have nothing to do with one another.

Fox and CBS both have the ability to choose a game each week during the flex schedule, and NBC gets the option of choosing from the remaining games or keeping the game on the schedule. They have to decide this 12 days in advance (except for week 17 which they have to give 6 days notice). If they do swap games, then the networks work with the NFL to decide what schedule works best for the game that is left. This game being on the east coast and FOX having selected the Cowboys/Giants as it's Game of the Week in the late slot combine to leave us in the early slot. It's not really the conspiracy people may want to believe, but if that's what you believe, you are free to do so.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3skxenew said:
Sgt. Largent":3skxenew said:
Milehighhawk":3skxenew said:

I am sorry, I see no mention of those teams in what I wrote above so not going to answer a topic I didn't address. In case others have trouble reading, I am addressing the false assertion that the networks are in sole control of the schedule.

NBC does have the power in this case. The league has allowed them to flex games after week 11, so they've decided to flex this game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36h4x9gn said:
Milehighhawk":36h4x9gn said:
Sgt. Largent":36h4x9gn said:
Milehighhawk":36h4x9gn said:

NBC does have the power in this case. The league has allowed them to flex games after week 11, so they've decided to flex this game.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules[/urltargetblank]

According to this it says it's week 5 now. I think they added weeks a few years back.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This has got to be the best game ever flexed out. Curious though looking at the schedule for this week, how was Pat's/Cowboys not put into the night game when they set the schedule? I mean, going into the season you could guess both that game and the 9ers/Packers would be bigger draws. This seems like more of a screw up from the original schedule maker that now just serves to jerk fans around.

Latest posts