NEW PI RULE SUPPOSED TO FIX THAT

Stanley

Reaction score
Blaming the refs is unbecoming. Why you not pointing out the missed calls favoring the Niners?

cymatica

Reaction score
Stanley":25y1k6fy said:
Blaming the refs is unbecoming. Why you not pointing out the missed calls favoring the Niners?

So you don't think a player being mugged in the endzone before the ball arives should be called? Just making sure

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
Stanley":1p295mll said:

Whataboutism is unbecoming.

and I am not blaming the refs. They missed the call fine, but have rules in place to fix it.

and they didn't

minormillikin

Reaction score
If they had made the call, we probably try a run up the middle, stuffed, then run out of time before the next play. Or not... who knows.
Maybe pass into the endzone instead of relying on Hollister at the end?

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Was happy with the last play to Hollister, he literally comes up about 20 cm short on a great tackle.

the story is the delay of game and how the refs missed the hold in the endzone, and decided not to review it even more unexplicably. This is why people cry conspiracy at the reffing

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stanley":39brztmk said:
So says the clown who’s team benefited from the horrendous no call.
Get lost troll!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Followthelegion":34rcat72 said:
Was happy with the last play to Hollister, he literally comes up about 20 cm short on a great tackle.

the story is the delay of game and how the refs missed the hold in the endzone, and decided not to review it even more unexplicably. This is why people cry conspiracy at the reffing
The NFL got their desired result so the rule worked in their eyes.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
It was an obvious pi at a crucial time in the game. Terrible missed call but as always it shouldnt have to come down to 1 play. If they played any damn ball in the first half they win this game instead of letting the refs be in position where 1 call can make this much impact

kag0331

Reaction score
I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to bitch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
kag0331":vr8t4vp1 said:
I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to b!@ch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well

Even the former ref McCaulley called it an obvious penalty.

Your guy didn’t play the ball he just grabbed Hollister and had no idea when the ball is coming. It was an obvious flag.

kag0331

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":iebxn08u said:
kag0331":iebxn08u said:
I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to b!@ch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well

Even the former ref McCaulley called it an obvious penalty.

Your guy didn’t play the ball he just grabbed Hollister and had no idea when the ball is coming. It was an obvious flag.

I agree the defender grabbed him but after Hollister ran his route right into him “initiating contact” after that the most I think you could get is holding but at that point it’s muddied up for the ref I just don’t think it’s blatant and TEs run those routes all the time and they push off in order to get the defender off his spot and that’s what the defender was trying to prevent, he wasn’t gonna let Hollister get his space he was there first.. that defender didn’t reach out and grab he was ran into subsequently he held him so he couldn’t push off so I see holding which isn’t reviewable... we just dissected a play that they have seconds to decide which means it’s not “blatant”

cymatica

Reaction score
kag0331":1sapudyx said:

The defender didn't simply make contact, he bear hugged Hollister before the ball arrived. Trying to argue otherwise is just plain disingenuous

mikeak

Reaction score
What it was was enough to review it

The NFL wants to call it non-PI fine

The NFL wants to call Lockett short of a 1st down in the first half then fine

Both calls should absolutely have been reviewed.

This is not about overturning them. It is about the league having a rule that coaches can't challenge in the final 2 mins of each half because the league will pause the game to review these things.

The league failed this twice in the same game

kag0331

Reaction score
cymatica":1pedd4ci said:
kag0331":1pedd4ci said:

The defender didn't simply make contact, he bear hugged Hollister before the ball arrived. Trying to argue otherwise is just plain disingenuous

I just wrote that he held him I didn’t argue that but that’s not PI, your dude ran into him it wasn’t initiated by the defender take a look!
The saints PI screw up last year the defender initiated contact it was much clearer...

You be genuine go tell me who INITIATED the contact I have watched it several times... that is all I said

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
[vine][/vine]
NINEster":13xssujr said:
https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1211524375519879168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1211524375519879168&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fniners%2F193276-san-francisco-49ers-seattle-seahawks-2019-game%2Fpage423%2F

So they looked at once quickly? LOL

That is a CYA comment. If they wanted to actually review they could have.

kag0331

Reaction score
Should it have been reviewed and then not overturned? Would that make you feel better..? The ref idiot after the game said they somehow reviewed it in 30 seconds... by no means do I agree with the refs on much but to intervene in the game over that call would have been upsetting for whichever team so I like a no-call.
If you would have told me Wilson has 8 tries inside the 12 yard line so score in the 4th quarter with the game On The line I would bet all my money in the hawks scoring... that’s the crazy part he is CLUTCH and that niner defense was gassed I thought the game was over I thought that 12 magic came through again...

kf3339

Reaction score
cymatica":2vfivlnb said:
kag0331":2vfivlnb said:

Just curious, but why are you using such a big word like "disingenuous" in a comment back to an obvious Whiner fan? You should know by now that they have no idea what it means at all.

mikeak

Reaction score
kag0331":28ywkaxg said:
Should it have been reviewed and then not overturned? Would that make you feel better..? The ref idiot after the game said they somehow reviewed it in 30 seconds... by no means do I agree with the refs on much but to intervene in the game over that call would have been upsetting for whichever team so I like a no-call.
If you would have told me Wilson has 8 tries inside the 12 yard like so score in the 4th quarter with the game On The line I would bet all my money in the hawks scoring... that’s the crazy part he is CLUTCH and that miner defense was gassed

Yes. Pause for review and not overturn it and I would have known that proper protocol was followed. May disagree with outcome but proper protocol was done.

I could live with that. The bar is high for overturning PI / non-PI calls. Has to be blatant. This qualified for a full review