Nerves

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Laloosh":32lbtr63 said:
Hey Blitzer, I'm going to take it upon myself to try and put your mind at ease...

Russell Wilson 2014 splits home vs away:

But aren't we technically the home team in the Superbowl.................... :240039:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer88":376omzcy said:
Laloosh":376omzcy said:
Hey Blitzer, I'm going to take it upon myself to try and put your mind at ease...

Russell Wilson 2014 splits home vs away:

But aren't we technically the home team in the Superbowl.................... :240039:

Only you man, only you... We're playing on the road. Now look at how Russell Plays away from the clink this year.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I'm feeling very at ease with this game. The only two teams that made me nervous all season was the Chiefs and the Rams. If we were playing at Gillette Stadium maybe the nerves would be there, but this I think will be the next best thing to playing at home.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Two great organizations, two great teams, two number one seeds....the list goes on. To be the best you gotta beat the best. I will live with the results as long as its a fair game. Balancing nerves and confidence is where i'm at. Go Hawks :thirishdrinkers:

The Outfield

Reaction score
1. Read the title: "Nerves"
2. Read the author: "Blitzer88"
3. :snack:

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think it comes down to stopping Gronk and Blount.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
A lot like last year . I was more nervous about the NFCCG . I think we will be on point this game .
It will be the greatest challange we have ever faced EVER !! I just embrace the chance to take out the very best at their best with no BS . You just can't ask for anything else! We already won a championship so after that huge monkey off our backs . This week was easier for me . Winning would be just pure joy. But losing wouldn't hurt as bad because of the previous championship won.

drdiags

Reaction score
Ready for the game to come, glad today is the last media day. I was a little anxious about the two injured DBs and in my mind have put a thought that one or both may come out during the game. But those things happen and I am going to just enjoy the game and either watch highlights until the crack of dawn or finish off my liquor and call it a day.

This has been a weird season but intriguing.

About 72 hours before it is a wrap.

Shock2k

Reaction score
You can take heart that Seahawks are zen like relaxed right now. I've been watching recorded coverage all week, and the most relaxed people are the Seahawks players. Well except Katy Perry.

I felt myself getting nervous hearing analyst after analyst start picking the Patriots. Then I realized, the Bronco's had the BEST OFFENSE IN NFL HISTORY last year and they got scimpalacashalaka'd.

Then I think about the defenses we played this year. Sorry, but Revis and Collins does not equal challenges against Carolina, St. Louis, Arizona, Denver, or San Francisco.

Aaron Rogers with a run game was the toughest game we will play this year (twice). And let's be honest. Our D pretty much dominated that game until Aaron's last drive.

So that means the only thing left is Bellichek pulling some shenanigans. Even then, meh.

Now, NE did have the 2nd past pass protecting O-line in the league this year (but you can make an argument about their SOS). So we may have some problems in our base 4 man rush. But I'm betting we know this, and know we will have to bring extra pressure from different angles. But at the end of the day, we have had bigger challenges this year.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
They just brought up this stat on Fox Sports 1:

The Pats, under Belichick, are 10-0 in the postseason vs opponents they did not play in the regular season. Really hope the Hawks can change that on Sunday.

I really need to stop watching these pregame shows..................

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Interesting, so they had games in the regular season against the eight opponents they lost to in the playoffs over the last nine years. It sounds mostly coincidental.

The fact is no one is better at breaking down an opponent and getting his team ready to play a big game than Carroll. These last two weeks of preparation have been huge for us.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I go through stages of nerves and extreme confidence. I know that we're not going to start the game like we did against GB and that gives me a level of confidence, plus, with Pete having two weeks to prepare his team I'm also confident in his intelligence devising a great gameplan. It's all going to be about execution and staying disciplined with the pre-snap penalties. I'm less confident this year than last however because of the injuries we've sustained and the loss of some play makers in free agency last year and the fact that I respect the Patriots as a superior opponent. However, I strongly believe that the NFC is a much tougher conference and that we had a more difficult schedule than New England. We've essentially been playing playoff football lose and go home type of games for the past 2 months and we've weathered every storm and passed every test and we're still standing. Tomorrow is going to be a long day waiting for Sunday to get here and I'm sure the nerves will rise even more, but the team is prepared, they seem confident, they've got their swagger going strong and they're focused and that's all that matters. We as fans can be nervous and anxious but when this team seems as determined and hungry as they do to finish this thing then I can't wait to see it happen.

LTH

Reaction score
Im not worried at all... there is absolutly no doubt in my mind that the Hawks will win this game... the only way the hawks do not win this game is if it is fixed (officiating) or the pats cheat... I believe its going to be a blow out...

LTH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was much more nervous about the game last year. This year it's like yeah we've been there before done that. We'll do it again type of feeling. Maybe it's called confidence. I guess that what happens when your favorite team is the defending champs. I'm looking forward to a great game. Hopefully no injuries and both teams laying it all out. Just a good game all around. Of course, celebrating another championship for the Seahawks afterwards. Go Hawks!!!

gulliver

Reaction score
I've been getting more nervous as the week progresses. I wish it would just get here already.

And I hate the idea I've been seeing here that we should simply be grateful to be in Super Bowls and that because we made it again, the last 3 years are a success. I believe we will continue to be successful to some degree, but that doesn't mean we'll go back to a SB again. Imagine if RW takes another dirty hit from that asswipe Clay Matthews next year in Lambeau, and becomes RGIII for the rest of his career? We could go 25 years between Super Bowls.

You're here, and you don't know when--or if--you'll be here again. Better make it count.

gulliver

Reaction score
Nerves ARE a good sign though IMO. I feel like this team really rises to the occasion in games like these.

Last year, we were 2-3 point dogs. We left MetLife with a 35-point victory.

We were favored against the Panthers and against the Pack. I wasn't nervous for those games at all. Lo and behold, Carolina took us to the wire, and the Pack essentially beat us if not for the last minute resurrection.

Nerves are good.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3gmw5qoy said:
To semi-quote a Pats fan...

If your not nervous about how your team will do in the Superbowl, then they're not *your* team.

Speaking personally, some days I have my doubts and other days I am certain that we will win because we have Russell and that is enough to tip the scale in our direction.

I still smirk a little when people don't know what "your" means...

jacobsod

Reaction score
86Hawk":2bhvsokk said:
I'm also more nervous than last year. No idea why. I still think we'll win though.

Yep same here. My thoughts are more confident, but my NW born heart can't help but be nervous! :)

Damn I'm gettin' excited!

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Another stat that is making me worry, the Patriots name Tedy Bruschi their honorary captain for the Super Bowl. They're 6-0 when honoring him..............

A

Anonymous

Add me to the Blitzer88 fan club....yup I'm nervous as hell also.