NCAA QBs

CPHawk

Reaction score
Huard said he was fine. The phone is over there. He was pretty adamant that Penix has been healthy all year. Why is it that every average game he has, someone says he’s sick or hurt?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If they trade the farm, you have to get Caleb. He is head and shoulders better than everyone else, BUT I can also see him being hated by his teammates like Russ was. Comes across as fake a lot. The fake crying was a bad look, and no one wants their leader crying in the stands after a L.
I don't think the crying was fake at all.
He almost lost it when they played ND..You don't have to get Caleb.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
He was throwing up, but please make stuff up about the guy to fit some narrative. He had food poisoning, they talked about it in post game.

He has been nails since he got to UW. He's a team captain. He has won 19 straight games. He's the heart of that team along with Odunze. Beyond ridiculous how some are getting all these negatives out of that. Piling on a college kid and assuming the worst. Way to go (y)
I had absolutely no idea he was throwing up, I couldn't watch the game at all but thanks for jumping down my throat like that. I really appreciate that broski (y)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, all I have been hearing since that game is a bunch of crap. Sorry man. It just gets old. He's a beast, he was sick, they literally talked about it on the post game.
And even if he WASN'T, who cares? He just keeps winning. And he absolutely has to play better, I suspect he and coach DeBoer would say the same thing.
I think he's damn good, other people don't. Ok, cool.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't think the crying was fake at all.
He almost lost it when they played ND..You don't have to get Caleb.
Also, when did it become NOT ok for a football player to show emotions? Damn. It shows they care. Geezus, people are cold af these days. Players lose it after games ALL THE TIME. Not just Quarterbacks.

Chawker

Reaction score
While shopping for a QB, you can fill your cart with a lot of stats, but don't forget to look at his school, was it a pro style offense, his teams winning record, and was he comfortable playing QB. As well as the caliber of his WRs.

Thats why I'd go with McCarthy for 2024.

Did you notice how many QBs this year whos names start with McC ? Werid huh ?

Cheers

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well, all I have been hearing since that game is a bunch of crap. Sorry man. It just gets old. He's a beast, he was sick, they literally talked about it on the post game.
And even if he WASN'T, who cares? He just keeps winning. And he absolutely has to play better, I suspect he and coach DeBoer would say the same thing.
I think he's damn good, other people don't. Ok, cool.
No link but one of the UW coaches said the Cougs had or knew some of their plays
it was on google.
Not saying it's cheating but watching the game,I was like how are they playing them
so tight?
Anyway if that was the case Penix wasn't going to look great.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
No link but one of the UW coaches said the Cougs had or knew some of their plays
it was on google.
Not saying it's cheating but watching the game,I was like how are they playing them
so tight?
Anyway if that was the case Penix wasn't going to look great.
It’s not cheating it’s known as watching game film

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not to be negative, but with this team's struggles I have a feeling we are finishing 8 - 9. That would put us drafting in the top 15, I feel if they love Williams or Drake I believe we would be within striking range 2 1sr rd for sure. Or moving up a bit for Daniels or McCarthy wouldn't hurt as bad? Or sit pat and take Nix or Penix? I'm not the coach or GM, but I hope one of the guys is a Hawk come next April! Go Hawks!
It would be fairly easy for us to make that trade based on trade chart value, but it's way more likely in practice that those teams would just say "No, we're securing what we hope is our franchise quarterback" and flat out deny us. Needy teams don't trade those chances away for fair value - most of the time, they simply won't consider offers at all.

If QB needy teams are in the 1-2 position, they're not taking our calls seriously unless we offer an amount that'd be too stupidly risky to possibly be in our favor. If a team like Arizona is there, they'll probably demand a ransom because they don't want to trade far enough back to miss on Marvin Jr. and already have surplus capital anyway, plus we'd pay a divisional rival tax.

Even if those QBs hit and we make an asinine offer to entice one of those teams to take their chances with our offer, we wouldn't be able to maintain a talented enough roster to do much with anyway. We're better off looking for a more reasonable opportunity.

12forlife

Reaction score
It would be fairly easy for us to make that trade based on trade chart value, but it's way more likely in practice that those teams would just say "No, we're securing what we hope is our franchise quarterback" and flat out deny us. Needy teams don't trade those chances away for fair value - most of the time, they simply won't consider offers at all.

If QB needy teams are in the 1-2 position, they're not taking our calls seriously unless we offer an amount that'd be too stupidly risky to possibly be in our favor. If a team like Arizona is there, they'll probably demand a ransom because they don't want to trade far enough back to miss on Marvin Jr. and already have surplus capital anyway, plus we'd pay a divisional rival tax.

Even if those QBs hit and we make an asinine offer to entice one of those teams to take their chances with our offer, we wouldn't be able to maintain a talented enough roster to do much with anyway. We're better off looking for a more reasonable opportunity.
I dont like what it would take to move up for Williams or Drake. But say we are drafting 12-15, I would be ok with what it would take to move up to 5-8 and get Daniels, McCarthy or maybe Nix? Depending on how the draft cycle works out and where they are ranked to go?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I dont like what it would take to move up for Williams or Drake. But say we are drafting 12-15, I would be ok with what it would take to move up to 5-8 and get Daniels, McCarthy or maybe Nix? Depending on how the draft cycle works out and where they are ranked to go?
That's probably more doable, depending on how the early draft order sorts out.

WarHawks

Reaction score
We traded two firsts for a safety, and we're able to field a more or less competitive team, sans qbotf. Not sure I buy the argument that if we bet the farm to trade near the top, that we wouldn't be able to field a competitive team. Yes, it would likely take a couple years, but a couple years will come around anyway, and if we don't, where will we be if we pass on the guy we really wanted? All that is moot of course, if the guy they really want is available mid round.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We traded two firsts for a safety, and we're able to field a more or less competitive team, sans qbotf. Not sure I buy the argument that if we bet the farm to trade near the top, that we wouldn't be able to field a competitive team. Yes, it would likely take a couple years, but a couple years will come around anyway, and if we don't, where will we be if we pass on the guy we really wanted? All that is moot of course, if the guy they really want is available mid round.
I think it'd take more than the farm. It could take the Russell Wilson trade and more to even get the call answered if you want Caleb, and probably two firsts/two seconds to get to Maye assuming he stays QB2 over Daniels. And that's only in an easy and reasonable world, which we don't seem to live in anymore given the current state of misery.

Hell, let's look at Bryce Young. He didn't have even half the upside of Williams, and the price to get him was 2 firsts, 2 seconds, AND a true WR1 from Carolina.

And they were only trading up from 9th. We'd have an even bigger gap to bridge.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Hell, let's look at Bryce Young. He didn't have even half the upside of Williams, and the price to get him was 2 firsts, 2 seconds, AND a true WR1 from Carolina.

And they were only trading up from 9th. We'd have an even bigger gap to bridge.
Yikes, I forgot what exactly the trade package was that Carolina sent Chicago.

12forlife

Reaction score
Well for 1 if they take a QB in the 1st rd they then have the 5th year option on his contract. If we let Geno, Diggs & Jamal go we have money to spend on the holes we are unable to fill in the draft if we move up. To much draft capital to move up to 1 or 2. I really like the idea though of being aggressive for whoever they find is "their guy". I feel even if Jamal played up to his contract what he hasn't even been close, 2 1st rd picks was just Dumb, maybe for a stud DE/DL, not a safety. So if Seattle had to go as far as 2 1st & DK, I say go get your guy! Although it may stunt the team a bit. If they released the 3 mentioned earlier, and Dk was off the books, we would have money to plug holes and have a younger +competitive team with a young QBOTF.