NCAA QBs

mrblitz

Reaction score
i just heard that Jalen Milroe of Alabama is mobile, and throws a great deep ball... he could be Pete's ideal QB... read-option running, 'pocket' scrambler... goes deep... reminds me of Russell... maybe Pete should investigate...

Lennie

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Penix is one of the top 3 qb's taken. I think Nix could also be a good pick for us, and would likely be there mid round, although I doubt Pete is going to draft a qb anyway.
I am by far not an astute evaluator of talent, I’ll leave that to you experts,but Nix sure looks like a lot more dynamic QB the Penix. I was impressed with his play last night. Penix has not looked great to me the last 3 games.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I am by far not an astute evaluator of talent, I’ll leave that to you experts,but Nix sure looks like a lot more dynamic QB the Penix. I was impressed with his play last night. Penix has not looked great to me the last 3 games.
I wouldn’t draft Penix. He made a lot of poor decisions and throws

NoGain

Reaction score
I wouldn’t draft Penix. He made a lot of poor decisions and throws
He's been strangely off for about the last three games. I can't put my finger on it. Last season and the first half of the season, every time he dropped back to pass, I thought something good was likely to happen. But for the first time in the last few years, I don't have that feeling quite like I did the first year and half. He's missing receivers that were a gimme for him almost the entire time he's been a Husky. He needs to get right again for us to have a chance to beat Oregon.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Penix has a much better arm and most of nix’s throws are around the line of scrimmage. Penix makes NFL throws routinely. It’s just hard to evaluate Nix when they don’t ask him to do that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Penix has a much better arm and most of nix’s throws are around the line of scrimmage. Penix makes NFL throws routinely. It’s just hard to evaluate Nix when they don’t ask him to do that.
So you haven’t watched much of nix?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

I'm not sure how I feel about this. As QB you're supposed to be the leader and encouraging your team, not covering your head with your back turned in the moment that's win or lose...

Like I said, I'm just not sure how I feel about this.

Ozzy

Reaction score
So you haven’t watched much of nix?
You can look up the average target rate and any related stat online. He’s much more short pass oriented than Penix and it’s not close. Doesn’t mean he can’t and he does take some shots but I wish we saw more of it and QBs like Nix don’t tend to transfer to the next level. But that may not be his fault, maybe he’s super capable and his system doesn’t allow it he watched him multiple times….am I wrong? Does he throw outside the numbers and deep all the time?

Ozzy

Reaction score
You can look up the average target rate and any related stat online. He’s much more short pass oriented than Penix and it’s not close. Doesn’t mean he can’t and he does take some shots but I wish we saw more of it and QBs like Nix don’t tend to transfer to the next level. But that may not be his fault, maybe he’s super capable and his system doesn’t allow it he watched him multiple times….am I wrong? Does he throw outside the numbers and deep all the time?
But again I could be wrong I haven’t watched him every week. I’m repeating what many other experts around the country have been critical of him for is that he runs a high percentage easy offense while guys like Penix and Daniel’s have to make tougher pro style throws much more frequently.

CPHawk

Reaction score
But again I could be wrong I haven’t watched him every week. I’m repeating what many other experts around the country have been critical of him for is that he runs a high percentage easy offense while guys like Penix and Daniel’s have to make tougher pro style throws much more frequently.
Since the UW game he has been throwing downfield far more often. I think the issue was the new OC. Just for comparison sake.

Since UO at UW

Michael Penix jr: - 1598 pass yds- 12 TDs- 5 INT- 3 Rushing TDs-

Nix:- 2105 pass yards- 20 TDs- 1 INT- 5 Rushing TDs

UO still uses lots of short passes, but there have been far more shots downfield as well. You don’t get numbers like that without hitting lots of medium to long throws also.

As of today. Nix is tops in the country in passing yards and 5 in yards per attempt

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Since the UW game he has been throwing downfield far more often. I think the issue was the new OC. Just for comparison sake.

Since UO at UW

Michael Penix jr: - 1598 pass yds- 12 TDs- 5 INT- 3 Rushing TDs-

Nix:- 2105 pass yards- 20 TDs- 1 INT- 5 Rushing TDs

UO still uses lots of short passes, but there have been far more shots downfield as well. You don’t get numbers like that without hitting lots of medium to long throws also.

As of today. Nix is tops in the country in passing yards and 5 in yards per attempt
Good to know. Do you see him as a fit with Seattle?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Good to know. Do you see him as a fit with Seattle?
Great question. Idk. Like Penix he plays behind a dominant OL. Seattle has a less than dominant OL to be kind.

Pros about Nix
-Runs team meetings now.
-Ask his OC to send in multiple plays, so he can decide on the play based on what the D looks to be doing.
-ASU DL said they didn’t even think Nix was looking over to get the plays, but was actually calling the plays himself most of the time.

So he is experienced and smart. Won’t be fooled much. And is happy to take what’s open. Doesn’t try to play hero ball.
Has a strong arm and is athletic.

But who knows how he will do with a bad OL,

Lennie

Reaction score
Depends on the round, but he makes me nervous too, durability and against Oregon state I watched him really slinging the ball all over the place but no catches. I couldn’t believe how many passes bounced off or through receivers hands
Maybe it’s me, but he seems to throw a lot of fastballs With not a lot of touch. I mean he has a cannon of an arm.
Nix seems like a much more cerebral QB.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’d take Nix over Penix.

I like Penix though…if he’s available in the 3rd.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

I'm not sure how I feel about this. As QB you're supposed to be the leader and encouraging your team, not covering your head with your back turned in the moment that's win or lose...

Like I said, I'm just not sure how I feel about this.

He was throwing up, but please make stuff up about the guy to fit some narrative. He had food poisoning, they talked about it in post game.

He has been nails since he got to UW. He's a team captain. He has won 19 straight games. He's the heart of that team along with Odunze. Beyond ridiculous how some are getting all these negatives out of that. Piling on a college kid and assuming the worst. Way to go (y)