The Outfield":26x1h5l3 said:
Overall thread structure:

1. Bad news
2. Everyone feels bad
3. Good news
4. Everyone feels good
5. Blitzer ruins the moment
6. Rinse and repeat.

Don't throw me under the bus for expressing my disappointment........

I'm just saying that you gotta have hope, man. Sure overconfidence is not good, but underconfidence is not good either.

Read that quote from Mr. Ali that Chris Hansen included in his letter.

Also:
Chris Hansen":26x1h5l3 said:
I just wanted to reassure all of you that we have numerous options at our disposal and have absolutely no plans to give up.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Outfield":1suvlt6k said:
Overall thread structure:

1. Bad news
2. Everyone feels bad
3. Good news
4. Everyone feels good
6. Rinse and repeat.

Naw, man, naw! It's this:

1. Bad news
2. Everyone feels bad
3. Good news
4. Everyone feels good
6. Everyone recovers
7. Stern shits in the punch bowl
8. Everyone dies from dysentery

vedthree

Reaction score
I'm not giving up until Hansen/Balmer gives up. Bennett & Stern be damned, I still refuse to believe that the majority of NBA owners are too stupid to turn away this Seattle opportunity and that they are still that beholden to Stern's BS when he's a lame duck commish.

What I think Stern & the owners are doing right now is trying to get the maximum return out of this deal - a new arena/owner in Sacto AND a team back in Seattle. That's why they're dancing around expansion - they have to make it seem all or nothing in order to keep the pressure on Sacto for the deal to finalize.

I still think it's going down in 1 of 2 ways:
1.) Sacto can't pony up the $$$ by May 13th, the BoG simply says "hey, the committee's recommendation was contingent on Sacto having cash on hand - that hasn't happened, so we're voting to approve the sale/relocation to Hansen"
2.) Sacto does pony up the $$$, in which case the BoG says "Now expansion's on the table."

That said, if we don't get a public commitment & timeline for expansion this offseason, then I fully endorse Hansen/Ballmer going Nuclear. The owners can take their veiled threats of "play nice and maybe we'll still let you in the club" and shove 'em up their ass. Stern's a lame duck, and there's no way the owners would go down with the ship with him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
vedthree":gvnrbllg said:
I'm not giving up until Hansen/Balmer gives up. Bennett & Stern be damned, I still refuse to believe that the majority of NBA owners are too stupid to turn away this Seattle opportunity and that they are still that beholden to Stern's BS when he's a lame duck commish.

What I think Stern & the owners are doing right now is trying to get the maximum return out of this deal - a new arena/owner in Sacto AND a team back in Seattle. That's why they're dancing around expansion - they have to make it seem all or nothing in order to keep the pressure on Sacto for the deal to finalize.

1.) Sacto can't pony up the $$$ by May 13th, the BoG simply says "hey, the committee's recommendation was contingent on Sacto having cash on hand - that hasn't happened, so we're voting to approve the sale/relocation to Hansen"
2.) Sacto does pony up the $$$, in which case the BoG says "Now expansion's on the table."

That said, if we don't get a public commitment & timeline for expansion this offseason, then I fully endorse Hansen/Ballmer going Nuclear. The owners can take their veiled threats of "play nice and maybe we'll still let you in the club" and shove 'em up their ass. Stern's a lame duck, and there's no way the owners would go down with the ship with him.

I think you're wrong and here is why:

1) The smart move would have been to sell the team to Hansen as it's a sure-fire win for the league from a revenue standpoint and then tell Sac to get their shit in gear and if they meet x, y and z they can have a team in a few years (pretty much what they said to Seattle)
2) They didn't do number 1
3) See #2

JOz56

Reaction score
vedthree":12lo9pyq said:

Again. Boom. I endorse all of this.

purpleworld

Reaction score
vedthree":nj1pscjd said:

Well said, and i totally agree!!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
If Sac ponies up the dough, he's a hero who saved an NBA franchise from relocating to the bad city.

If Sac fails to pony up the dough and the deal falls through, Seattle's offer stands and Stern gets to ride out into the sunset saying "I dids all I coulds, precious!"

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sounds like its about to go the hell down, if these rumors are true that Hansen is more than willing to go nuclear.

Doubt they are true, but I'm gonna go watch Parks & Recreation and laugh at my boy Ron Swanson, DUECES!

vedthree

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":104156kp said:
I think you're wrong and here is why:

1) The smart move would have been to sell the team to Hansen as it's a sure-fire win for the league from a revenue standpoint and then tell Sac to get their shit in gear and if they meet x, y and z they can have a team in a few years (pretty much what they said to Seattle)
2) They didn't do number 1
3) See #2

Valid points, BUT ... the only reason this Sacto deal came together is because of the pressure from the Hansen sale and immediate threat of relocation. Without that hanging over their heads, there's no way Sacto puts together the ownership group, price and arena deal they've scrambled together at this point. Take away the Kings, and Sacto goes back to Square 1,

Look at it this way - The Warriors sold for a record $450M in 2010. By playing the 2 cities off of each other they now have a +$450M deal in place for the Kings AND will be able to sell and expansion team to Seattle for $500M. Instead of selling 1 team, they've now sold 2 teams for a record price (and replaced the trainwreck Maloofs with a solid ownership group)

I have no doubt that if Sacto hadn't stepped up, the NBA definitely would've gone with your scenario. But once Sacto started bidding, then the smart-move for the NBA is to definitely keep both fish on the hook for as long as they can.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ei0e0w0 said:
Sounds like its about to go the hell down, if these rumors are true that Hansen is more than willing to go nuclear.

Doubt they are true, but I'm gonna go watch Parks & Recreation and laugh at my boy Ron Swanson, DUECES!

Man I hope he doesn't go nuclear and sue as maybe there is a chance of expansion years down the road and suing will kill any other hope we had at getting expansion our way. Additionally, lots of chatter about how Hansen's comments/statement tonight have gotten him into hot water mainly because as they put it: league sources say fighting it in court is "suicide" for Seattle. And yes that is coming from sources connected to Sac-town reporters, but they somehow proved to be right so they might be again. Ultimately I love everything that H/B/N has done and the time and effort they have put in, but clearly the NBA doesn't care one bit so it might just be better to keep our chances of an expansion team alive.

Fire away at me. :cry:

dunceface

Reaction score
from sonicsrising regarding legal action against NBA

Grounds:
A valid contract or contractual relationships exists between the two parties
The third party tortfeasor had knowledge of the contract or contractual relationship
The third party intended to convince or induce one of the parties to the contract to commit a breach
The third party was not privileged or authorized in any way to induce the breach
The contract was in fact breached
The non-breaching party suffered some sort of measurable damages

dunceface

Reaction score
after reading thru this and sonicsrsing and everything on twitter i have to say that im still trusting that this is not over until Hansen gives up.
Tumblr mm21ziYxuL1qlkvaio1 500

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3fyddxyd said:
Throwdown":3fyddxyd said:

Man I hope he doesn't go nuclear and sue as maybe there is a chance of expansion years down the road and suing will kill any other hope we had at getting expansion our way. Additionally, lots of chatter about how Hansen's comments/statement tonight have gotten him into hot water, and yes that is coming from sources connected to Sac-town reporters, but they somehow proved to be right so they might be again. Ultimately I love everything that H/B/N has done and the time and effort they have put in, but clearly the NBA doesn't care one bit so it might just be better to keep our chances of an expansion team alive.

Do you trust the NBA and their word????? Playing NICE has only bit Seattle in the ass. It's now or never! Time to call the NBA's bluff. We played nice only to get shat on, NOW its time to play dirty and beat Stern and the NBA at their own game, by making threats back and then following thru with them!

It's like dealing with a bully, you don't beg for forgiveness and mercy, you punch him right in the MOUTH! Stern and Clay Clay better start counting their teeth 'cause they are going to have a lot less of them in the very near future! :th2thumbs:

Its going to get real UGLY for the NBA, and when it looks like they are going to get their asses handed to them in the courtroom, an out of court settlement will be reached and Seattle will be granted an expansion team or the Kings, much like the Pilots/Mariners situation, thats my prediction!

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":q0r8lj4r said:
Throwdown":q0r8lj4r said:

Man I hope he doesn't go nuclear and sue as maybe there is a chance of expansion years down the road and suing will kill any other hope we had at getting expansion our way. Additionally, lots of chatter about how Hansen's comments/statement tonight have gotten him into hot water mainly because as they put it: league sources say fighting it in court is "suicide" for Seattle. And yes that is coming from sources connected to Sac-town reporters, but they somehow proved to be right so they might be again. Ultimately I love everything that H/B/N has done and the time and effort they have put in, but clearly the NBA doesn't care one bit so it might just be better to keep our chances of an expansion team alive.

Haha, we already played nice once. Screw that. If it is suicide, so be it. I'm not willing to be used by the NBA to get other teams to get their house in order, nor am I willing to let them off the hook without making them bleed. Force expansion in writing. No more of this "play nice and maybe we'll think about giving you something" crap that the league has been playing.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JOz56":c86x6vb0 said:
Blitzer88":c86x6vb0 said:
Throwdown":c86x6vb0 said:

Haha, we already played nice once. Screw that. If it is suicide, so be it. I'm not willing to be used by the NBA to get other teams to get their house in order, nor am I willing to let them off the hook without making them bleed. Force expansion in writing. No more of this "play nice and maybe we'll think about giving you something" crap that the league has been playing.

Pretty much, playing nice cost us the team in the first place, I'm tired of playing nice. This city is world friggin' class, if the NBA doesn't want this PR issue, then concede and give us a team, Seattle doesn't need the NBA, we want the NBA. I personally don't think Hansen is going to take legal action even though it's pretty damn apparent that the NBA colluded with Sacramento. But I wouldn't be against it.

This city isn't the same city it was in 2008, this city is hungry, and this might sound corny but I credit the Seahawks for this. The Seahawks have been the heart and soul of this city since the Sonics left. We aren't going to back down and take no for an answer, and we're certainly not going to have some slime ball ass commissioner do us dirty anymore. If the NBA is going to say no to Hansen now whether it be the Kings or expansion, then what the hell else do we got to lose? Another chance? this was the best chance there was ever going to be.

drdiags

Reaction score
Blitzer, the time for playing nice ended when Stern/Schultz got laughed out of Olympia. I will not say it is a total vendetta against Seattle, since Stern bent over backwards to keep the Hornets(Pelicans) in New Orleans but Seattle has already taken Bennett to court. The city backing out/taking a deal didn't heal old wounds, this current fiasco shows that. If I am Hansen, I push forward with the deal and take actions if the deal is denied without due cause. Just because the NBA tells me I cannot relocate this year doesn't mean they can tell me I cannot close the deal if I meet all the criteria set by the NBA for owning a team.

So the next step in all this is the actual denial of sale. Once that is done, time to file for financial losses. Look at the amount of money Hansen and his group has put into this project already. This should have just been a formality unless the NBA determined the money was not solid in the purchasing group or there were conflicts of interest in the ownership group.

I doubt Hansen wins and the waters are going to be tainted for quite some time. NBA probably never comes back but at this point I am not sure they would ever come back anyway. Maybe in 30-50 years but I don't think I will be around if they do. Take them to court, it is the American way!

dunceface

Reaction score
nuclear_7.jpg

JOz56

Reaction score
drdiags":1r0kca6u said:
Blitzer, the time for playing nice ended when Stern/Schultz got laughed out of Olympia. I will not say it is a total vendetta against Seattle, since Stern bent over backwards to keep the Hornets(Pelicans) in New Orleans but Seattle has already taken Bennett to court. The city backing out/taking a deal didn't heal old wounds, this current fiasco shows that. If I am Hansen, I push forward with the deal and take actions if the deal is denied without due cause. Just because the NBA tells me I cannot relocate this year doesn't mean they can tell me I cannot close the deal if I meet all the criteria set by the NBA for owning a team.

So the next step in all this is the actual denial of sale. Once that is done, time to file for financial losses. Look at the amount of money Hansen and his group has put into this project already. This should have just been a formality unless the NBA determined the money was not solid in the purchasing group or there were conflicts of interest in the ownership group.

I doubt Hansen wins and the waters are going to be tainted for quite some time. NBA probably never comes back but at this point I am not sure they would ever come back anyway. Maybe in 30-50 years but I don't think I will be around if they do. Take them to court, it is the American way!

All of this. It shows at the very least we aren't going to be used for leverage. What other market is there to scare cities into obeying? KC? VB? Have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.