NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":30teyjdh said:
Blitzer88":30teyjdh said:
...That is true, but again it does seem fishy that they have decided to have the relo vote before the sale approval...

I disagree. I think a majority will approve relocation, making it that much more difficult to blow off Hansen's group on the sale with 8 votes.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really even matter in what order, they approve the PSA the team is gone, they approve the relocation then its safe to assume that Hansen owns the franchise.

The more I mull over it in my mind, when Stern says "We've never faced this before" it's true. This isn't like the Sonics relocation or any other. This is what I would characterize as a "snatch and dash" that Hansen is attempting. Whether some like it or not, Sacramento does deserve a chance to keep the team. Seattle was afforded this opportunity, except our politicians screwed us over royally by not even entertaining the idea, or being the least bit cooperative when Schultz's bitch ass came to 'em in the first place.

Sacramento though, I think is just coming up short everytime by not putting pen to paper and pledging anything. Hansen has done WORK to get into the NBA fraternity, I do not see them turning him away, Stern or not. Stern doesn't have pull with his bosses, he's lame duckin' it, the only person I think that really matters when it comes to it all is Adam Silver, and he's been pretty open with Seattle in the past and he seems to be good with Seattle now.

I'm not worrying, only time I'll worry is if they decline us. At that point, I'll wonder if the NBA will ever return in time and an age for me to even give a damn anymore, but I don't see it happening.

drdiags

Reaction score
The big difference in the Sonics relocation and the Kings purchase/relocation effort is that the Sonics sale was separate from the relocation effort. If Bennett had been truthful like Larry Ellison then the local folks here in Seattle probably put up a similar effort to try and halt the sale by getting a group to counter (Schultz can pound sand). Everyone knew the outcome was going to be a relocation but they had to give Bennett the benefit of the doubt.

I doubt Nickels would have fought as hard as Johnson. If Hansen bought the team and promised Sactown a chance to build a stadium, he could have played it the same way Bennett did. Sometimes being a snake has its advantages.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bennett was going to relocate the Sonics, and you will never convince me that Stern didn't know all along. So forgive me if I don't see a massive difference between the Kings now and Sonics then.

I know selling the team requires a league vote, but is the relocation a committee or league vote? Because no Cali team is going to vote for relocation, and those owners have friends. Which to me would account for why Stern has been way too kind in describing the Sacramento offer.

drdiags

Reaction score
Scottemojo":clmirmfo said:
Bennett was going to relocate the Sonics, and you will never convince me that Stern didn't know all along. So forgive me if I don't see a massive difference between the Kings now and Sonics then.

Stern knew but it was an easier sell job to only have to vote on Bennett on his merit as being financially viable to buy the team. Relocation was not on the table so it was can this guy and his colleagues buy the Sonics and meet our criteria. Big difference from Hansen, who has put in a relocation request in conjunction with an offer to purchase. Big difference to me, maybe not to you, but the owners back then could state it was only a vote to approve Bennett as the owner.

Later they had to deal with the relocation request. Big difference to me. Not trying to sell anyone on this. Stern is called into question regarding the Sonics once relocation was put on the table. Which was a few years after the purchase.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3h
Morning Reading: @kbergcbs writes NBA Owners ‘50-50’ on dueling Kings Offers as Vote Approaches: http://ow.ly/kfIsr

For those of us that thought the owners might be smarter and see how superior the Seattle offer is compared to the Sac offer, guess we are thinking too highly of them.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":20zxgbpk said:
"I believe it's 50/50, one owner said"

To throwdown that means "i ain't telling you nuffin"

See.....I hear that as, "Its 50/50 with the incumbent city ahead because of Stern."

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":13wwew8y said:
Throwdown":13wwew8y said:
"I believe it's 50/50, one owner said"

To throwdown that means "i ain't telling you nuffin"

See.....I hear that as, "Its 50/50 with the incumbent city ahead because of Stern."

You're also afraid to go outside and get your ass whooped by me on Madden, your interpretation means NUFFIN!

;)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2utoj17o said:
Blitzer88":2utoj17o said:
Interesting exchange between Chris Daniels and Stern during his presser here:

Q. Question for both of you. Commissioner Stern, are you trying to influence this decision one way or the other or trying to push the owners of the NBA one way or the other in making this decision?

STERN: Actually, despite what you’ve written and said, the answer is no.

Q. Well, I’m glad to know that you do read our website and watch our TV station so I appreciate that.

STERN: I’m waiting to see something accurate.

Stern has a beef with Daniels, its awkward as hell.
God, what a dick! I'm starting to really believe Stern is trying to screw over Seattle.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3cvi6mqs said:
Throwdown":3cvi6mqs said:
Blitzer88":3cvi6mqs said:
Interesting exchange between Chris Daniels and Stern during his presser here:

Q. Question for both of you. Commissioner Stern, are you trying to influence this decision one way or the other or trying to push the owners of the NBA one way or the other in making this decision?

STERN: Actually, despite what you’ve written and said, the answer is no.

Q. Well, I’m glad to know that you do read our website and watch our TV station so I appreciate that.

STERN: I’m waiting to see something accurate.

Stern has a beef with Daniels, its awkward as hell.
God, what a dick! I'm starting to really believe Stern is trying to screw over Seattle.

I knew he was trying to screw Seattle as soon reports came out that he has been leading or providing bidders to the Sac group.

RealDeal

Reaction score
:13:

All I can say is TRUST OUR GROUP. They have done a lot of work and have everything plus some to get this done. We can hear and say whatever but the only people that know for sure what will happen is the BOG.

GO SONICS!
GO HAWKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.