NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
m0ng0":nuck9o2p said:
He also was asked to put a percentage to their chances of keeping the team and he said Steve Nash at the free throw line. Was he second on the hack list behind Shaq?

Nash is the NBA all-time leader in career FT percentage at 90.4% for his career...................so yeah KJ believes he has a great shot of keeping the Kings. And the hits keep coming.

Throwdown

Reaction score
GODDDDDDDDDD! If I ever see Johnson in public, Imma bowe him in the face, screw him for life.

And in light of news of stuff that Hansen might've uncovered, I hope Hansen exposes Johnson for the liar he is and disgraces him in his own city. Go to hell Johnson, you corny son of a hippo!

(I will no longer reference him as KJ, its an insult to Mr. KJ Wright to share his name as this clown shoes mutha(*&(&( for his nickname)

Throwdown

Reaction score
Seattle has said we weren't going to use fan support as a tool, but if KJ's out here launching this ground attack, should we talk about the last few years? and no the excuse of the Maloofs isn't good enough to explain it either. Especially if our excuse for Bennett in the final season here doesn't hold water to Clown Shoes Johnson.

Dude just made this fight personal 5 days before the committee meetings on this issue.

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":22m7wgym said:
Seattle has said we weren't going to use fan support as a tool, but if KJ's out here launching this ground attack, should we talk about the last few years? and no the excuse of the Maloofs isn't good enough to explain it either. Especially if our excuse for Bennett in the final season here doesn't hold water to Clown Shoes Johnson.

Dude just made this fight personal 5 days before the committee meetings on this issue.

He didn't mean it, Throw. No need to get riled up.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1xl4oj5q said:
Throwdown":1xl4oj5q said:

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GO TO HELL, SACROMENTIAN!

The Outfield

Reaction score
Regarding Chris Hansen bidding for the extra 7% share - wow. He is such a boss. He really has his stuff together.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":fbat4b6c said:
Throwdown":fbat4b6c said:

He knows what he said, and he declared war on the innocents in all this, the fans. I don't expect Hansen to stoop to that level, but I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Sac

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2f0ch1p0 said:
SacHawk2.0":2f0ch1p0 said:
Throwdown":2f0ch1p0 said:

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GO TO HELL, SACROMENTIAN!

I'm sensing some hostility here. Can't we all just get along?

pehawk

Reaction score
What's wrong with calling Kevin Johnson what his OWN Suns teammates called him (and Colabro on air), Desert Princess? He was a whiny lil point guard...REALLY whiny.

Snohomie

Reaction score
If KJ's takeaway from Seattle's fiasco was that the team left because of fan support, we're golden. I don't believe that is his takeaway at all, but if it were true it would mean he has no idea what is important to the NBA and that would sink his chances of keeping the Kings.

Johnson's campaign has been run mostly on an emotional level. It probably sounds good to the Sacramento fans he works for, but the NBA isn't going to make this ruling based on such niceties. Owners will vote for a combination of:
1.) Do I want to restrict my ability to sell to whatever solvent backer I choose?
2.) Which move will add more value to my team?
3.) Which owner do I like more? (probably only likely if prior relationship with the owner)
4.) Do I want to give Seattle the middle finger or take the bulls eye sign off my back? (Clay Bennett only, though if any other NBA owner has a relationship with Sacramento that reverse could be in play)

pinksheets

Reaction score
And which team will bring in more money? Seattle, unquestionably. Sac might be the 20th tv market based on tv households, but it ranks lower when you factor in economics like retail spending per capita, median income, unemployment, etc. etc. Not to even Seattle is going to get a huge TV deal that Sac couldn't dream of. The owners have to vote against economic interests in favor of some idea of fairness or sentimentality. Maybe they do, but I just haven't seen anything to suggest that's the direction they'll take. Maybe Sacramento, with its new ownership, stops being a revenue sharing beneficiary, but it's not going to be the wealthy luxury tax paying team that Hansen and Ballmer will look to field in Seattle. The NBA would unquestionably be losing money, at least in terms of what it could make, if they decide to forgo Seattle to keep a team in a market like Sacramento. Yeah they've got good attendance history, but that's not where the real money is, not anymore.

strohmin

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to show my appreciation to Chris Hansen for what he is doing for Seattle. Whatever happens, the guy is doing everything possible and making every right move he can to make this happen. The guy is my hero.

Throwdown

Reaction score
strohmin":3dubimuo said:
I wish there was a way to show my appreciation to Chris Hansen for what he is doing for Seattle. Whatever happens, the guy is doing everything possible and making every right move he can to make this happen. The guy is my hero.

Petition for a "Thank you Chris" day? lol

But I think he's doing this because he's a fan as well. So I think the reward for him is having the NBA back in his hometown, and owning them like he's always wanted, he's almost a super fan! I read somewhere that Hansen would write letters to Schultz back in the day, telling him that one day he was going to own the Sonics after him. He's from Seattle, a Seahawks fan, Mariners fan, Sonics fan, torn Huskies fan because he went to SDSU so he's also an Aztec alum. I sound stalkerish.

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":38ylrnbg said:
strohmin":38ylrnbg said:

No need for a petition. You're welcome.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2uanfe7x said:
Throwdown":2uanfe7x said:
strohmin":2uanfe7x said:

No need for a petition. You're welcome.

What? lol

The Outfield

Reaction score
strohmin":mmrbers6 said:

There is a way to show your appreciation. Buy some Sonics tickets :) P.S. If you are interested in tickets, did you sign up for the priority ticket wait list? If not, it's non-binding and you can do so here: http://www.sonicsarena.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.