NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1pn7rwde said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Maybe, just maybe the hawks flipped the script last night???

I'll believe when I see it.

86Hawk

Reaction score
So glad stern is gone. He is seriously an idiot who let his ego get the best of him. Imagine how much more money the league would be making right now if they were still in Seattle. Tv revenue, merchandise sales, corporate sponsors. The list goes on. What a moron.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2m57khgu said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Maybe, just maybe the hawks flipped the script last night???
I had the same feeling--like anything's possible now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
How does Stern get a "B" when his entire job is to represent the owners, and he FAILED so hard at the labor negotiations? The entire salary structure of the NBA is a joke and the owners are getting bent over a barrel.

I guess NBA fans and owners expect so little that it doesn't matter if they have the worst salary system in professional sports, the lowest loyalty, the worst stadiums/arenas, and overall the poorest fan experience in sports.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He gets credit for the growth the NBA experienced during his tenure, which would've happened anyway, with Magic, Bird and Jordan and Shaq and Kobe coming in.

dunceface

Reaction score
Can't wait til he does now so I can visit his grave and piss on it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Whats the point? Do you really want to have to wait til August for excitement? You will never get that from the Mariners, Seattle needs an indoor winter sport, whether thats the NHL or NBA or both.

chris98251

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3k4b8q72 said:
The Outfield":3k4b8q72 said:
F Stern, Clay, Schultz, and Oklahoma.

Don't forget the mayor at the time he gets a big F.U. too.

Greg Nickels, Nick Licata, Frank Chopp, all had their hand in it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1qjwirxg said:
dopeboy206":1qjwirxg said:
The Outfield":1qjwirxg said:

Greg Nickels, Nick Licata, Frank Chopp, all had their hand in it.

Screw these pushovers. Basketball means something to this city and region and they shit on that.

I will never drink Starbucks again, I will vote for George Bush to be mayor before I ever vote any of those idiots.

David Stern did what he was supposed to do, he backed his owners. He gave no respect to Seattle and he's a scumbag but I will never hate him as much as I hate Howard Schultz.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3vhjqelu said:
The Outfield":3vhjqelu said:

Don't forget to blame Queen Christine as well, she was one of the grining morons when the team left.

That's why I get queasy when ever a politician jumps on a sports teams bandwagon when they get hot. Inslee and Ed Murray on the ducks during the parade acting like they played in the game, and yes they all do it reguardless of political hue. Remember Nickels at the send off rally in 2006, then he brokered a deal for the Sonics to leave 2.5 years later.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":r4nofhs9 said:
I actually don't care about the NBA anymore... they lost me as a fan, and I could really give a crap if Seattle never gets a team... I mean, what is the point? Durant is on OKC? That was a once in a lifetime pick... Getting some team from scratch and watching it toil in obscurity for a decade? No thanks.

I don't watch the sport, I don't miss the sport... in fact, I have learned to HATE the sport. I can barely stand watching college ball anymore.

It's like that time when I was 19 years old and drank this bottle of brandy and got violently ill... and puked and puked and puked and puked .... to this day, the smell of brandy ... UGH. I'll never touch the crap again.

I feel that way about the NBA, the whole sport just makes me lose my lunch.

The only interest I have in the NBA is that I hope I can outlive Stern, figure out where he is buried, and piss on his grave.

That's all.
That pretty much sums all I have said and felt..If you were a true Sonics fan from way back and see how the game is today..It's this :13:

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yep, true Sonics fans don't want to ever see the green and gold in Seattle again. Go choke.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I can't stand the NBA product today, but who knows, maybe getting a team back will reignite my first love (basketball).

Throwdown

Reaction score
Silver says there's no plans to expand right now, not surprising, they have a situation in Milwaukee that needs to be resolved. Maybe payback for the Pilots is on order and the universe is setting it up?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
At this point, short of the NBA giving us back the Sonics that are exiled in Oklahoma, my trust level with the league is too low to be made up. I don't trust them. I miss the Sonics, but at this point, if having to deal with the NBA is the only thing that gets the Sonics back, I'm not prepared to do it. They had a chance to somewhat make things up, and you saw what happened last year.

I'm also not going to sit through a decade of bad expansion team basketball, assuming expansion occurred. I would do that with the NHL because we haven't been screwed out of a team by the NHL.

Basically, the NBA should a) give us back the real Sonics or b) give us an expansion team, but with no restrictions on the draft, and we should automatically get the first pick in the draft for three years straight and an exemption from the luxury tax for the first five years of the nu-Sonics to help us get back to competitiveness. Oh, and all future owners should have to sell to a group keeping the team in Seattle (with the penalty of loss of ownership for any Bennett-style liars that talk the talk, but don't walk the walk).

None of those things will happen, but that's the only way I'll give any of my money or time to the NBA at this point. I can still rock my vintage Xavier McDaniel Sonics jersey that I ordered from China so the NBA wouldn't get any of my money and have my happy memories of those past Sonics teams. Hell, I even have a couple happy memories of Vin Baker. The NBA can't take that away from me.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The NBA should do the right thing when we get a team back and give us Durant. And Collison too. That would do a lot in regaining my trust and money again

pinksheets

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3gsrcna3 said:
That's not what was said, and stop with the "go choke or go die, or whatever", internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit. It's pathetic.

I actually don't care about the NBA anymore... they lost me as a fan, and I could really give a crap if Seattle never gets a team... I mean, what is the point? Durant is on OKC? That was a once in a lifetime pick... Getting some team from scratch and watching it toil in obscurity for a decade? No thanks.

I don't watch the sport, I don't miss the sport... in fact, I have learned to HATE the sport. I can barely stand watching college ball anymore.

It's like that time when I was 19 years old and drank this bottle of brandy and got violently ill... and puked and puked and puked and puked .... to this day, the smell of brandy ... UGH. I'll never touch the crap again.

I feel that way about the NBA, the whole sport just makes me lose my lunch.

The only interest I have in the NBA is that I hope I can outlive Stern, figure out where he is buried, and piss on his grave.

That's all.

IndyHawk":3gsrcna3 said:
That pretty much sums all I have said and felt..If you were a true Sonics fan from way back and see how the game is today..It's this :13:

So this post saying "if you were a true Sonics fan....it's this...." quoting your post in which you say you have no interest in ever seeing a team back, hate the sport, and only want to to piss on Stern's grave is not saying that true Sonics fans never want to see the team come back? Ok. Thanks for the lecture on "internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit" shortly after you talked about urinating on a gravesite. I'm not going to put up with a loser mentality that tells me wanting to get the Sonics back and being active in a community that's trying to make that happen is not being a true fan.

The feeling here, is that the NBA needs to woo Seattle and make up for the wrongs done, not the other way around.

When someone screws you over, you don't bend over for them again and give them what they want - if you go cow-towing to the NBA and whining for a team, they are going to make you pay through the nose, and they are going to give you a 15 loser years that sucks money from the city.

No, what you do is support your other teams and cockblock the NBA, and make them start to realize they are missing a top 10 market entirely - you think this Superbowl run by the Seahawks and the enthusiasm of the fans isn't a giant freaking black eye for the NBA? It makes them look like total FOOLS.

And that's what you gotta keep doing, until they are practically begging to put a team back here. Have some self-respect.

Is that how that works? We're going to get a team by ignoring the idea altogether and playing hard to get? I guess that means scrap the arena plan, created specifically to get the Sonics back and pushed by a grassroots movement of diehard Sonics fans? We wouldn't want to "woo" the NBA. Our chances are a lot better when the only place they have to play is the Key. I don't know what kind of dream scenario you envision in which the NBA comes crying to us while we're standing there with our arms crossed, scoffing as they plead with us to take them back. It's not going to happen that way. The NBA...and the NHL will come to Seattle only because of the work of some really rich dudes who want basketball back in this city and the grassroots efforts of Sonics fans.

This is not the strategy that works:
pickupartist_281x211.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.