NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Hey, here's a thought. In view of the latest SacTown lawsuits starting up, how about give the Kings to Seattle, and give an expansion team to Sacramento next year if, and only if, the Arena deal actually goes on.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":39j0gb1m said:
My only wonder is can the NBA make a concrete expansion promise to Seattle as long as Sac's ownership group has yet to put up 100% of their money and Sac's arena deal continues to be non-binding. Seattle has been used as a hammer to get Sac in line. It's worked up til now. But what happens when Seattle is promised expansion, and the threat is gone? Does Sac back off on it's hastily thrown together arena deal? Does Vivek and friends take 50 million off their offer? I think this might be why the NBA has urged the Sac group to put 100% in escrow.

I've been VERY guarded in my optimism on this the entire way. But I'm really starting to believe that expansion is a possibility. I've always thought it was doable, just a matter of whether or not HBN could twist the NBA's arm enough to get it. I think they are very close. Hope I'm not setting myself up for yet another disappointment. Oh well. Here we go.

And no. I really want nothing to do with a drawn out lawsuit that in the end might only get you awarded monetary damages, while forever burning bridges. To me, it's Kings or expansion. Expansion preferred. That's it.
GO SONICS!

I think in order for this last-minute expansion rumor to be true, the NBA would have to guarantee in writing that it was going to occur, for two reasons: 1) we can't trust them after their "promises" made in 2008, and 2) only a written guarantee would allow the SEA group to begin construction on an arena. A vague promise or wink-wink deal would mean that they wouldn't be able to begin the construction process until became official.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":231caal5 said:
I think in order for this last-minute expansion rumor to be true, the NBA would have to guarantee in writing that it was going to occur, for two reasons: 1) we can't trust them after their "promises" made in 2008, and 2) only a written guarantee would allow the SEA group to begin construction on an arena. A vague promise or wink-wink deal would mean that they wouldn't be able to begin the construction process until became official.

Exactly. I highly doubt our guys would take any sort of wink-wink for an answer. It's give it in writing, or watch us fight for the Kings.

CANHawk

Reaction score
tdlabrie":16e8anl6 said:
Hey, here's a thought. In view of the latest SacTown lawsuits starting up, how about give the Kings to Seattle, and give an expansion team to Sacramento next year if, and only if, the Arena deal actually goes on.

That's pretty much exactly how it went down with Cleveland & Baltimore with the Browns/Ravens/new Browns. Cleveland wouldn't get off their ass to build a new stadium until the Browns actually left town. It worked in the NFL, no reason it can't work now....

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1vf9qv74 said:
Yeah. Do it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
According to King 5 News Chris Hansen and Wally Walker were there to present, but no Steve Ballmer. That concerns me.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Blitzer88":13r8viwu said:
According to King 5 News Chris Hansen and Wally Walker were there to present, but no Steve Ballmer. That concerns me.

Didn't want him to go nuclear.

drdiags

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2wt2t02d said:

He had a Microsoft event is the story.

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

To address questions on Ballmer, he was part of Seattle presentation in NY on April 3. These presentations are not as extensive. ...

Those were roughly two-hour deals. These are more similar to closing arguments, taking questions, etc.

Stern said it would be one last chance to state case. KJ said same thing. But that could be part of it.

I didn't notice much of anything. Again, these are not full-blown presentations like in New York.

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2309mrv0 said:

He's at a Microsoft event. IE his job.

I don't have a whole lot of hope that this is going to go our way even if Ballmer was there. But the pessimist in me has been apparent the last couple of days in just about everything, so who knows.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":z6q18aq9 said:
You should be concerned if Ballmer IS there.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
From twitter. Seattle group is done was about a 30 minute presentation. Sac group just walked in.

CPHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3l8v1gzv said:
BKUtougCcAEmL8s

Warriors owner Lacob asking Jennie Buss if he should be the first male owner to pose naked.

BKUwT8LCcAEZibe

Sonics fans show up! After Stern waived to Kings fans and entered the room 20 minutes ago :X, wake up earlier boys.

More expansion speculation!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... sion-team/

It's nice to see Rex Grossman show up in his Sonics gear. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.