NaVorro Bowman lectures Kaep about the 'fins hat

A

Anonymous

RedAlice":2cpdnpb1 said:
I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

And as many fans of both your teams acknowledge - Rams are not a team to sleep on this year. Very much looking forward to this season.

Some still think Rams are not good, but I see no reason to answer that. Has to be answered on the field.

Dude, the only things the Rams can do well is rush the passer and run trick plays on special teams. That's about it.

So, what has been done in the off season to shore up your passing game, running game, secondary, offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, and your kicker?

What's that? Oh...

I thought so.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":29izf8ve said:
RedAlice":29izf8ve said:

And as many fans of both your teams acknowledge - Rams are not a team to sleep on this year. Very much looking forward to this season.

Some still think Rams are not good, but I see no reason to answer that. Has to be answered on the field.

Dude, the only things the Rams can do well is rush the passer and run trick plays on special teams. That's about it.

So, what has been done in the off season to shore up your passing game, running game, secondary, offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, and your kicker?

What's that? Oh...

I thought so.

They brought in Cook at TE and Long at LT, both solid moves but I like even more drafting Austin and Bailey. Amendola was a stud when healthy but that is the problem. He didn't even play against the Niners in the second game and the Niners had a full compliment of receivers at that point.

Bailey I think is the real sleeper that most are over looking. 1600 yards and 25 TD's in 2012 at WVU and he knows how to play alongside Austin already.

The Rams lost no one on defense and they were good enough to control the Niners last year with Crabtree, VD, Walker, Manningham and Moss. The only returning player to start this season is VD. I think the better question is how are the Niners going to stop the Rams. They struggled heavily with speedy slot guys like Harvin and Amendola the one game he played and now they will face Austin in the slot, Cook at TE and Bailey on the outside.

The only real question mark player wise is the loss of Jackson but he was 30 so you can really question if that is that great of a loss. We will see how Fisher utilizes his running game but for the most part his passing game has all the ingredients to be solid and remember, with that Defense they don't need to have a superstar offense.

I'm picking the Rams to sweep the Niners because when I review last years games and the strength and weakness of each team, add in the offseason moves wins and losses, I see the Rams as an improved team while the Niners went the wrong direction.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
60niners":16z3jjc2 said:
RolandDeschain":16z3jjc2 said:
It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

Love it. :)

Also, I suppose this means neither team's fan base can use "they overlooked the other team" as an excuse for losing against each other for the foreseeable future?
I love the fact that my team - at least as far as appearances go - doesn't act like they're overlooking anyone. (At least they're not acting like that this offseason.) I don't think you can overlook any team in the NFL; all of these players are professionals which are probably the best at American Football in the world, so even the bad ones are good lol.

I think they slept on a few teams last year and ended up getting punched in the mouth. In 2011 they did the punching. Hopefully they'll get back to that in 2013. The Seahawks appeared much more hungry last year than the Niners did, and I really hope that changes this year.

After getting to the SB last year, there is NO WAY the Niners overlook anybody, not with Harbaugh at the helm. They will be out for blood against EVERY TEAM! I honestly believe that the Seahawks would have benefited this year if the Niners had won the SB last year, as we have a trend of achieving more each season since Harbaugh came to town. First year under Harbs we get to the NFCCG, the following year we won the NFCCG and get to the SB.

This year Harbs and co. will have the team primed and ready to achieve more than we did last year....AGAIN!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":12muewbe said:
60niners":12muewbe said:
RolandDeschain":12muewbe said:
It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

Love it. :)

Also, I suppose this means neither team's fan base can use "they overlooked the other team" as an excuse for losing against each other for the foreseeable future?
I love the fact that my team - at least as far as appearances go - doesn't act like they're overlooking anyone. (At least they're not acting like that this offseason.) I don't think you can overlook any team in the NFL; all of these players are professionals which are probably the best at American Football in the world, so even the bad ones are good lol.

I think they slept on a few teams last year and ended up getting punched in the mouth. In 2011 they did the punching. Hopefully they'll get back to that in 2013. The Seahawks appeared much more hungry last year than the Niners did, and I really hope that changes this year.

After getting to the SB last year, there is NO WAY the Niners overlook anybody, not with Harbaugh at the helm. They will be out for blood against EVERY TEAM! I honestly believe that the Seahawks would have benefited this year if the Niners had won the SB last year, as we have a trend of achieving more each season since Harbaugh came to town. First year under Harbs we get to the NFCCG, the following year we won the NFCCG and get to the SB.

This year Harbs and co. will have the team primed and ready to achieve more than we did last year....AGAIN!
LOL

NinerLifer

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2kkkuqks said:
NinerLifer":2kkkuqks said:

INCORRECT

Which part?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NinerLifer":xph90g0e said:
peachesenregalia":xph90g0e said:
NinerLifer":xph90g0e said:

INCORRECT

Which part?

The part about achieving more this year. SF is going to be a WC team at best and out by the divisional round. :mrgreen:

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Ok, but that is your opinion based on our rivalry. All I said was that Harbs "will have the team primed and ready..." which is based on statistical fact based on each year under Harbaugh so far. The only thing I am guaranteeing is that we will be ready to achieve more than last year. Unless you are somehow trying to claim that this will be the first year as our HC that he won't.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NinerLifer":4vag6s9f said:
Ok, but that is your opinion based on our rivalry. All I said was that Harbs "will have the team primed and ready..." which is based on statistical fact based on each year under Harbaugh so far. The only thing I am guaranteeing is that we will be ready to achieve more than last year. Unless you are somehow trying to claim that this will be the first year as our HC that he won't.

Well, if you want to argue semantics, he's probably already failed in that regard by not doing much to make the team better during the offseason.

However, your narrative reads that you're going to win the Super Bowl, so there ya go, so I figured I'd mess with you a little. Seems to have worked. :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To be fair, NinerLifer did make it sound like the only realistic outcome was winning the Super Bowl for this coming season.

We shall see. I doubt you'll get to the Super Bowl because you'll be playing your playoff games on the road, since we're winning the division. ;)

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1dmy9h0l said:
To be fair, NinerLifer did make it sound like the only realistic outcome was winning the Super Bowl for this coming season.

We shall see. I doubt you'll get to the Super Bowl because you'll be playing your playoff games on the road, since we're winning the division. ;)

It was meant to read that anything less would be uncharacteristic of Harbaugh's tenure as our HC. And that if we had won the SB last year your team might have had a chance to catch us sleeping with a hangover this year, but instead we will end up preparing for each week like we were getting ready to play yours.

Just to be clear, that was a compliment.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":vxvum6gb said:
NinerLifer":vxvum6gb said:

Well, if you want to argue semantics, he's probably already failed in that regard by not doing much to make the team better during the offseason.

However, your narrative reads that you're going to win the Super Bowl, so there ya go, so I figured I'd mess with you a little. Seems to have worked. :thirishdrinkers:

:thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I know, NinerLifer; I'm just saying, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting to go further this year. Speaking of year-by-year stats, if your win/loss column follows suit, you'll finish 9-7 this year. :)

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32smdusk said:
I know, NinerLifer; I'm just saying, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting to go further this year. Speaking of year-by-year stats, if your win/loss column follows suit, you'll finish 9-7 this year. :)

He is just being optimistic, no one knows what is going to happen. The 49ers may go back to the superbowl and win it, or may not, they may make the playoffs or they might not. Who knows maybe seahawks and 49ers will beat eachother up so bad that the rams sneak up from behind and take the division title. Football can be very unpredictable so lets not call winners or losers yet and just see what happens.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SF49r":m9u11l2f said:
RolandDeschain":m9u11l2f said:

He is just being optimistic, no one knows what is going to happen. The 49ers may go back to the superbowl and win it, or may not, they may make the playoffs or they might not. Who knows maybe seahawks and 49ers will beat eachother up so bad that the rams sneak up from behind and take the division title. Football can be very unpredictable so lets not call winners or losers yet and just see what happens.

What's the point of a message board in the offseason if not to quibble about stupid BS?

SF49r

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2qr83fb6 said:
SF49r":2qr83fb6 said:
RolandDeschain":2qr83fb6 said:

What's the point of a message board in the offseason if not to quibble about stupid BS?

People can quibble about anything they want, but all I am saying these so-called "predictions" never really come true in football. Who the hell would have predicted the 49ers will make it to the NFC championship in 2011 then the next season make it to the superbowl? Everyone would have called them crazy. Hell who knew Russel Wilson would have a great rookie season, make the pro-bowl, and get so close to the NFC championship.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SF49r":u28295za said:

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts? Our week two meeting is so brutal, we put season-ending injuries on several key players on each other's teams, and the Rams win the division. Man, that would cut to the quick.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RichNhansom":333601ru said:
HoustonHawk82":333601ru said:
RedAlice":333601ru said:

What's that? Oh...

I thought so.

They brought in Cook at TE and Long at LT, both solid moves but I like even more drafting Austin and Bailey. Amendola was a stud when healthy but that is the problem. He didn't even play against the Niners in the second game and the Niners had a full compliment of receivers at that point.

Bailey I think is the real sleeper that most are over looking. 1600 yards and 25 TD's in 2012 at WVU and he knows how to play alongside Austin already.

The Rams lost no one on defense and they were good enough to control the Niners last year with Crabtree, VD, Walker, Manningham and Moss. The only returning player to start this season is VD. I think the better question is how are the Niners going to stop the Rams. They struggled heavily with speedy slot guys like Harvin and Amendola the one game he played and now they will face Austin in the slot, Cook at TE and Bailey on the outside.

The only real question mark player wise is the loss of Jackson but he was 30 so you can really question if that is that great of a loss. We will see how Fisher utilizes his running game but for the most part his passing game has all the ingredients to be solid and remember, with that Defense they don't need to have a superstar offense.

I'm picking the Rams to sweep the Niners because when I review last years games and the strength and weakness of each team, add in the offseason moves wins and losses, I see the Rams as an improved team while the Niners went the wrong direction.

Nice summary RnH.

Houston, you must either live in a cave or only get Hawk news. All fine with me.....you keep those thoughts. I like it.

Biggest major issue is at S, and then the unknown with the RBBC in the absence of SJax.

RedAlice

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3f0ewnef said:
RedAlice":3f0ewnef said:
SouthSoundHawk":3f0ewnef said:
AGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I can't handle this love fest anymore!!!!!

Hard to argue with what has been said though. This is going to be a real fun year. Wish there were more Rams fans here to get in on this.
Alice. humour me...why should I want any fan not Seahawk Blue on THIS or my home site? I care nothing for your opinion until it's your week to understand what I post about the Seahawks isn't bragging but true. So Deal.

I enjoy your posts - there's nothing I need to deal with.

You could make this forum Hawk fans only if you want. I enjoy the posts and participating. You don't have to enjoy any opposing fans, that is your right.

Games will speak for themselves each week. No matter what you or I post.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That was my thinking also. 13 wins to 11 to 9 and probably 7 after loosing their entire secondary, Gore and Willis. Crabs will probably be gone too.

Only a Niner fan could ignore win total whole making that factual argument of improvement. Comical as always.