NaVorro Bowman lectures Kaep about the 'fins hat

camdawg

Reaction score
RedAlice":3pumw4cv said:
Nice summary RnH.

Houston, you must either live in a cave or only get Hawk news. All fine with me.....you keep those thoughts. I like it.

Biggest major issue is at S, and then the unknown with the RBBC in the absence of SJax.

I'm someone who's a little bit skeptical about the Rams also.

I was quite impressed with how the Rams played us in Seattle, but could only feel like the Rams win in St. Louis was a total fluke. Two 60 yard field goals and a fake field goal for a TD. Special teams are absolutely part of the game, so it wasn't luck. Just that you can't count on winning that way again. The other concerning thing for the Rams in that game was Seattle's ability to just shove it down the throats of the defense with Lynch and Turbin. Frankly, we cared too much about trying to establish Russell's passing that day. We should've just run it 80 percent of the time. The Rams defense definitely played more physical in the Seattle rematch.

I don't have super sharp memories of the Rams-49ers matchups from when I watched them on Game Rewind, but think I remember the 49ers just blowing one of them with another flukish special teams play. Jim Harbaugh, who definitely recruited the KingCo Conference around Seattle as the Stanford coach, forgot that Johnny Hekker was a darn good high school quarterback. And is perhaps the one punter in the league you do NOT do an 11 man rush on. He will complete the pass to the uncovered gunner. If Harbs doesn't lose his mind, that's at least one 49ers win over the Rams last year.

The Rams deserve credit for the way they played the 49ers and Seahawks. But deserve the same amount of skepticism over how they played the Bears, Jets, and Vikings. The Patriots game was wierd and the Rams probably deserve a pass for that one.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Been saying it all off-season. Rams will knock the niners out of the playoffs and take the wildcard. I'm not a gambler but I'd bet money on it. That team is WAY better than anyone's giving em credit for.

Bradford is the real deal. Anyone who was at the rams game in Seattle could see that. Dude had nobody to throw to and was still making plays here and there. He's accurate, has a great arm, cool under pressure, kinda reminds me of Brady. No joke. Get this guy some weapons and a line and he's gonna be dangerous. I saw him against SF when his receivers were healthy and he was an unstoppable machine. Now, with Austin? Oh man. That team is getting real good real quick. They improved on the o line as well, not good news for us unless our DL can really improve the rush this season. Problem with Bradford is that he can really hurt you on the blitz, he's really good at stepping up into the pocket, finding someone open and firing a laser downfield.

Plus that rams defense will be improved. As scary as that sounds.

The Niners will slump. Seeing the signs already. Over-confidence from a young qb who's not that good against quality defenses. Losses on defense, and losing crabs was huge. Plus, they'll be dealing with a SuperBowl hangover and that has historically not bode well for anyone. Most don't even get back into the playoffs. Even worse, all the hype for that team puts a huge target on their back. They'll be playing one of the hardest schedules and every team will be putting in double time to prepare. Lots of film on Kaepernick now. Ravens and hawks showed the nfl how to beat him.

This time next year, people will be criticizing the Alex Smith trade. You heard it here first.

kearly

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1eri7g38 said:
[youtube]E2f_aUH77qo[/youtube]

Richard Sherman is The Rock. Jim Harbaugh is HHH. Brandon Browner and Kam Chancellor are Kane and Undertaker. Russell Wilson is Michael Cena- except that everyone loves him.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
camdawg":7cjv6lpx said:
RedAlice":7cjv6lpx said:
Nice summary RnH.

Houston, you must either live in a cave or only get Hawk news. All fine with me.....you keep those thoughts. I like it.

Biggest major issue is at S, and then the unknown with the RBBC in the absence of SJax.

I was quite impressed with how the Rams played us in Seattle, but could only feel like the Rams win in St. Louis was a total fluke. Two 60 yard field goals and a fake field goal for a TD. Special teams are absolutely part of the game, so it wasn't luck. Just that you can't count on winning that way again. The other concerning thing for the Rams in that game was Seattle's ability to just shove it down the throats of the defense with Lynch and Turbin. Frankly, we cared too much about trying to establish Russell's passing that day. We should've just run it 80 percent of the time. The Rams defense definitely played more physical in the Seattle rematch.

I don't have super sharp memories of the Rams-49ers matchups from when I watched them on Game Rewind, but think I remember the 49ers just blowing one of them with another flukish special teams play. Jim Harbaugh, who definitely recruited the KingCo Conference around Seattle as the Stanford coach, forgot that Johnny Hekker was a darn good high school quarterback. And is perhaps the one punter in the league you do NOT do an 11 man rush on. He will complete the pass to the uncovered gunner. If Harbs doesn't lose his mind, that's at least one 49ers win over the Rams last year.

The Rams deserve credit for the way they played the 49ers and Seahawks. But deserve the same amount of skepticism over how they played the Bears, Jets, and Vikings. The Patriots game was wierd and the Rams probably deserve a pass for that one.

I get what your saying about the style points on the win against us and the Niners but it ignores that they stuck around in each game long enough to let those little things kill us and the Niners.

Bad day kicking doesn't excuse the loss for the Niners either. That game the Niners were nearly 100% healthy and the Rams were without Amendola. Making excuses for that loss is just dumb. What would that game have looked like if Amendola were to have been healthy? Blame Akers if you want but that tie could have easily been a win for the Rams and wasn't the same goes for both teams. When you let a game go down to the wire it is your own fault if you come out on the losing end.

SF49r

Reaction score
RichNhansom":r822m4tr said:
camdawg":r822m4tr said:
RedAlice":r822m4tr said:
Nice summary RnH.

I get what your saying about the style points on the win against us and the Niners but it ignores that they stuck around in each game long enough to let those little things kill us and the Niners.

Bad day kicking doesn't excuse the loss for the Niners either. That game the Niners were nearly 100% healthy and the Rams were without Amendola. Making excuses for that loss is just dumb. What would that game have looked like if Amendola were to have been healthy? Blame Akers if you want but that tie could have easily been a win for the Rams and wasn't the same goes for both teams. When you let a game go down to the wire it is your own fault if you come out on the losing end.

I thought my niners had that game on lockdown when we played the rams in St. Louis, the score was 2-10, the game was nearly about to end then Kaep threw a pitch to ted ginn with the endzone right behind him, bounced right out of his hands fumbles it, rams grab it and score a touchdown then completing the 2-pt conversion making the score 10-10. It's one of those mistakes that costs you the game. I really thought we would tie again after Akers missed that field goal in over-time and the rams kicked the game winning field goal with 50 seconds left. Man that game was really a disappointment.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":1cveynhk said:
What the :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvY_w1RI ... r_embedded

Well that's certainly a look....

That look on Aldon was sweet! The kid is chill and its hilarious to see his character come out on the field. I remember one time in particular against the Rams who we were demoralizing 26-0 in the 4th QTR, the Rams were going for it on 4th&12 and Aldon ended up getting his second sack of the game to turn the ball over on downs then immediately sprinted to the sideline and sat down all calm cool and collected. It was due to the fact that the previous week he was flagged for an unsportsmanlike or something after a sack, and this week he wanted to make it perfectly clear that he wasn't doing anything wrong.

It was completely hilarious to watch as the camera guy followed him all the way to the bench and then cut to commercial.

[youtube]XtJQ4c668Hw[/youtube]

HansGruber

Reaction score
NinerLifer":38q02b7b said:
hawker84":38q02b7b said:

That look on Aldon was sweet! The kid is chill and its hilarious to see his character come out on the field. I remember one time in particular against the Rams who we were demoralizing 26-0 in the 4th QTR, the Rams were going for it on 4th&12 and Aldon ended up getting his second sack of the game to turn the ball over on downs then immediately sprinted to the sideline and sat down all calm cool and collected. It was due to the fact that the previous week he was flagged for an unsportsmanlike or something after a sack, and this week he wanted to make it perfectly clear that he wasn't doing anything wrong.

It was completely hilarious to watch as the camera guy followed him all the way to the bench and then cut to commercial.

Man, it's too bad he can't do that against the Hawks, huh?

SF49r

Reaction score
HansGruber":2wsa7b9r said:
NinerLifer":2wsa7b9r said:
hawker84":2wsa7b9r said:

Man, it's too bad he can't do that against the Hawks, huh?

Well he actually did sack Russel Wilson when they played in SF. When they played in Seattle I don't recall him playing that game because of an injury

HansGruber

Reaction score
SF49r":cnv8o40t said:
Well he actually did sack Russel Wilson when they played in SF. When they played in Seattle I don't recall him playing that game because of an injury

Well, it's not surprising that you don't remember him playing, since he had 0 sacks and 1 tackle and totally disappeared in that game. Interesting you'd bring up the injury, since it was actually Justin Smith who was injured and most of the NFL knows that without Justin Smith holding for Aldon Smith, he ain't all that great.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
HansGruber":3g6tns2r said:
SF49r":3g6tns2r said:

Well, it's not surprising that you don't remember him playing, since he had 0 sacks and 1 tackle and totally disappeared in that game. Interesting you'd bring up the injury, since it was actually Justin Smith who was injured and most of the NFL knows that without Justin Smith holding for Aldon Smith, he ain't all that great.

Actually it was revealed later that Aldon suffered an injury at the NE game as well.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":bynqenm0 said:
That was my thinking also. 13 wins to 11 to 9 and probably 7 after loosing their entire secondary, Gore and Willis. Crabs will probably be gone too.

Only a Niner fan could ignore win total whole making that factual argument of improvement. Comical as always.

So your saying that a team that hypothetically makes it to the SB with a 9-7 record would have achieved less than a team that lost in the wild card round but had 12 wins during the season?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2w2yz7ij said:
That was my thinking also. 13 wins to 11 to 9 and probably 7 after loosing their entire secondary, Gore and Willis. Crabs will probably be gone too.

Only a Niner fan could ignore win total whole making that factual argument of improvement. Comical as always.

Or to put it into perspective, do you think that the Seahawks achieved more than the Saints in the 2010/2011 postseason?

Let me put it this way for you...we have made it deeper and achieved more in the postseason each year consecutively since Harbaugh took the team over. So I have no doubt that he will have us primed and ready to do the same this coming postseason, because that's what great coaches do for their team.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1naey0wq said:
RichNhansom":1naey0wq said:

Or to put it into perspective, do you think that the Seahawks achieved more than the Saints in the 2010/2011 postseason?

Let me put it this way for you...we have made it deeper and achieved more in the postseason each year consecutively since Harbaugh took the team over. So I have no doubt that he will have us primed and ready to do the same this coming postseason, because that's what great coaches do for their team.

You come off as if you expect to do more each season simply because you advanced one more game than the year before but you are ignoring the first year you had home field throughout and the next only one week then on the road. Your also ignoring that you won two less games. Why isn't that trend as applicable as advancing one more game in the playoffs? Trends don't only work in one direction so by your math you will win 9 games, likely making you a wildcard team and then you would have to win three on the road and very likely one of those in Seattle. Or are you saying that that trend isn't just as likely? I honestly think it is much more likely that you end up with 9 wins but not a shot in the playoffs.

Oh and I would be more than willing to honor any bet you would like to suggest that my prediction is more accurate than yours.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":hxxk55aj said:
NinerLifer":hxxk55aj said:
RichNhansom":hxxk55aj said:

You come off as if you expect to do more each season simply because you advanced one more game than the year before but you are ignoring the first year you had home field throughout and the next only one week then on the road. Your also ignoring that you won two less games. Why isn't that trend as applicable as advancing one more game in the playoffs? Trends don't only work in one direction so by your math you will win 9 games, likely making you a wildcard team and then you would have to win three on the road and very likely one of those in Seattle. Or are you saying that that trend isn't just as likely? I honestly think it is much more likely that you end up with 9 wins but not a shot in the playoffs.

Oh and I would be more than willing to honor any bet you would like to suggest that my prediction is more accurate than yours.

9 wins from either of our teams will result in missing the playoffs this season I believe. It isn't realistic to expect the rest of the NFC to at the best only produce 1 team from each division to have a winning record. For this reason I will be highly surprised if you guys make the playoffs because the Niners will win the division. :th2thumbs:

Enough with the fortune telling though. The reason that I am not concentrating on the regular season record is because once you are in the playoffs the regular season record doesn't matter anymore, as was witnessed last season when we won the NFC Championship despite having 1.5 less wins than the season before. Am I guaranteeing that we will win the SB this year, of course not. Am I saying that Harbaugh will have us ready and prepared to win the SB this year...ABSOLUTELY! And that is the only thing I am guaranteeing based on the fact that we have made deep postseason runs every year since he has taken over.

We only play each other twice in the reg season, which is why unless this year you guys finally find a way to win more games on the road I don't think you will make the post season at all. That is a trend that you guys will need to break if you want to have a successful season, especially with all your 10am starts.

Again this is just my opinion, which I know means little on here. However nobody's opinion matters at all when it comes to the outcome to the season because there are a ton of unforeseen variables that effect the outcome of each game that we can't control. I am sure the Eagles MB was posting similar stuff when they had "The Dream Team" and all the so called experts crowned them offseason champs as well...Just sayin'.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NinerLifer":zay5n1p8 said:
Blah, blah, blah, blah.......
Again this is just my opinion, which I know means little on here.

You should have started and stopped with this statement. I think you are going to be surprised and devastated by the ninnies performance this season and shocked at the domination by Seattle over the next few years. Nothing personal but my prediction is you will be posting A LOT less once SF slips back to mediocrity which starts this season!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Niner the key differences is you have key weakness's like your receiving core and huge question marks at multiple other positions. I'm not making my prediction solely based on hope like you.

The road schedule looks daunting no doubt but we also have a more mature team that didn't get weaker in the offseason and likely got much better and I am not hoping based on washed up CB's or that a #2 WR can suddenly become a #1 or even that rookies will replace all pro plaers or Wilson's #1 AND #2 targets. I am basing that off proven track records at success and documented as elite.

Just as difficult as or road schedule is the opposite in our home schedule and we went unbeaten at home last year so why would an easier schedule with a better team be expected to have worse results?

Please feel free to explain to me how you think your team is improved because you were worse last year than the year before no matter what the record or results were and that is a trend that is common with honeymoon coaches.

The Seahawks have shown significant improvement each year with the record reflecting a serious downgrade at the QB position and still matching the previous years win record while the team improved it's running game from both in the bottom of the league the previous year to both top ten in 2011. The QB problem though is now obviously solved so there is no clear cut reason to think we will slide backwards.

Your team on the other hand has significant reasons to see a slide backwards.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2jj09ybu said:
Niner the key differences is you have key weakness's like your receiving core and huge question marks at multiple other positions. I'm not making my prediction solely based on hope like you.

The road schedule looks daunting no doubt but we also have a more mature team that didn't get weaker in the offseason and likely got much better and I am not hoping based on washed up CB's or that a #2 WR can suddenly become a #1 or even that rookies will replace all pro plaers or Wilson's #1 AND #2 targets. I am basing that off proven track records at success and documented as elite.

Just as difficult as or road schedule is the opposite in our home schedule and we went unbeaten at home last year so why would an easier schedule with a better team be expected to have worse results?

Please feel free to explain to me how you think your team is improved because you were worse last year than the year before no matter what the record or results were and that is a trend that is common with honeymoon coaches.

The Seahawks have shown significant improvement each year with the record reflecting a serious downgrade at the QB position and still matching the previous years win record while the team improved it's running game from both in the bottom of the league the previous year to both top ten in 2011. The QB problem though is now obviously solved so there is no clear cut reason to think we will slide backwards.

So by your logic then, if you win the division, and we get in on a wild card slot, if we end up winning the SB...you would have still had the better season because you ended the regular season with a better record? :snack:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NinerLifer":30y4r2r9 said:
RichNhansom":30y4r2r9 said:

So by your logic then, if you win the division, and we get in on a wild card slot, if we end up winning the SB...you would have still had the better season because you ended the regular season with a better record? :snack:
You really can't be that daft? Really?

PS. The ninnies ain't winning a Lombardi anytime soon, the current team had their chance last year and blew it! Now the wheels start to fall off the douchebaugh-mobile!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2i4c8uv6 said:
NinerLifer":2i4c8uv6 said:
RichNhansom":2i4c8uv6 said:

You really can't be that daft? Really?

PS. The ninnies ain't winning a Lombardi anytime soon, the current team had their chance last year and blew it! Now the wheels start to fall off the douchebaugh-mobile!

Because you said so? I recall the same type of comments being made after we lost in the NFCCG against the Giants the season prior. But there we were the very next season in the NFCCG again and won.

But if you so so sport! :th2thumbs: