Nate Silver Super Bowl Picks ....

Largent80

Reaction score
Some people give a rip about respect. I'm not one of them. I simply want to beat other teams, and play well enough to make up for poor officiating. I don't care what Joe Blow says about the Hawks.

Winning breeds respect.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
@Largent. . .yeah I know, but it just blows my mind how some on here post like they have been possessed by Eeyore. All the while this board is inundated with article after article about how great and mighty the Seahawks and their players are. And truth be told, they are a fantastic team.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Fog- most of us have been Seahawks fans a very long time and are just waiting for the team to crap on themselves... Too many times we have not executed effectively when playing teams perceived as equals or worse than us..

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Barthawk":2h3ki04u said:
Fog- most of us have been Seahawks fans a very long time and are just waiting for the team to crap on themselves... Too many times we have not executed effectively when playing teams perceived as equals or worse than us..

H-E-L-L-O??!!!! You are talking to a Falcons fan here. I can truly empathize.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
FOGHORN":25njwiy8 said:
Barthawk":25njwiy8 said:

H-E-L-L-O??!!!! You are talking to a Falcons fan here. I can truly empathize.

Ha! So true...

ParisPC07

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2exiomav said:
Yep. Poor Seahawks. Never get any respect.

I don't think you know who Nate Silver is. He's a statistician, and he seems to be fairly gifted at creating effective statistical models. This isn't an issue of "respect," it's data interpretation. Impartial.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2swopglk said:
@Largent. . .yeah I know, but it just blows my mind how some on here post like they have been possessed by Eeyore. All the while this board is inundated with article after article about how great and mighty the Seahawks and their players are. And truth be told, they are a fantastic team.

This is a new phenomenon. Trust...we've been in the same boat as your team. Even in 2005, the team got no respect.

OP
OP
Tailspin Hawk Fan

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
ParisPC07":271dqde2 said:
FOGHORN":271dqde2 said:
Yep. Poor Seahawks. Never get any respect.

I don't think you know who Nate Silver is. He's a statistician, and he seems to be fairly gifted at creating effective statistical models. This isn't an issue of "respect," it's data interpretation. Impartial.

This.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
It wasn't a fact of if I knew who Nate Silver is or not. Which I did, even prior to him being on First Fake. It was based on all the droning on and on by other posters how "nobody respects us" and the constant "well, we will show them" attitude towards every little piece of objective criticism that is tossed towards the Seahawks.

But you can carry on with your misinterpretation of what I am getting at. It is bound to happen from time to time as a message board cannot vocalize voice inflection.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2pjzoj13 said:

You should see this place during the season :lol:

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2g2xatsm said:
FOGHORN":2g2xatsm said:

You should see this place during the season :lol:

Probably a mirror image of the AFMB. We are after all "fans".

bmorepunk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":11twgnjt said:
I like Nate Silver a lot, but I have to wonder if his models work for the NFL. In case you don't recall, he picked the Jets to beat us earlier this year.

No one can accurately predict games consistently, particularly with a complex system like the NFL. What we're seeing is what he thinks is most probable, not a guaranteed or likely event. The Seattle pick is mostly due to his view that there are no real dominant teams in the NFC. It would be more interesting to see his probabilities of the teams making it.

Latest posts