My first pass at a playoff outlook; Go 'Boys n Lions?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2r83tl2j said:
For the NFC North who wins is going to be irrelevant after this week, Seattle already owns the tie-breaker over GB and has about a 99.9999999% chance of owning the tie-breaker over Detroit via strength of victory and/or conference record if we just beat Arizona once out of the 2 games we play them. Really we just want Detroit and GB to lose as much as possible.

Edit: Actually you don't even need to go to strength of victory for us to win in a tie-breaker over Detroit.

Common Games (Minimum of 4)
@Carolina, Seattle Won, Det Lost
Vs. NYG, Seattle Won, Det Won
Vs. GB, Seattle Won, Det Won
@Arizona, Seattle ?, Det Lost

So we do have the tie-breaker over GB and Detroit.
You have to count GB x2 for Detroit, and Az x2 for us. However, IF we beat Az this weekend, we would own this tie-breaker with Detroit as the best the Lions could be is 3-2 and the worst we could be is 4-1. Kind of need to win this week to make it relevant anyway...

RunTheBall

Reaction score
BlueTalons":2vy7rsm5 said:
RunTheBall":2vy7rsm5 said:
For the NFC North who wins is going to be irrelevant after this week, Seattle already owns the tie-breaker over GB and has about a 99.9999999% chance of owning the tie-breaker over Detroit via strength of victory and/or conference record if we just beat Arizona once out of the 2 games we play them. Really we just want Detroit and GB to lose as much as possible.

Edit: Actually you don't even need to go to strength of victory for us to win in a tie-breaker over Detroit.

Common Games (Minimum of 4)
@Carolina, Seattle Won, Det Lost
Vs. NYG, Seattle Won, Det Won
Vs. GB, Seattle Won, Det Won
@Arizona, Seattle ?, Det Lost

So we do have the tie-breaker over GB and Detroit.
You have to count GB x2 for Detroit, and Az x2 for us. However, IF we beat Az this weekend, we would own this tie-breaker with Detroit as the best the Lions could be is 3-2 and the worst we could be is 4-1. Kind of need to win this week to make it relevant anyway...
Yeah that makes sense. This Arizona game at home is a MUST win, @KC loss hurt but it was an AFC loss so it's not the end of the world. If we win the next 4 weeks we own the tie-breakers over
-Green Bay (head-to-head)
-Detroit (Common Games)
-Philly (head-to-head)
-SF (head-to-head)

Dallas we would lose to if it was just us and them in a tie, but in a 3-way tie-breaker with us, Dallas and either GB or Detroit we would win it.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
And, as it all works out, BECAUSE we are so back heavy on the division games, in order for any tie breakers to take place in the division (meaning we have to WIN games to get to a tie-breaker,) we would win in almost all cases.

Niners already have two division loses to our 1 and a split with them would give them at least 3. And since we realistically need to win at least 4 games and the Niners have to win AFC games to keep up, I like our chances in a conference tie-breaker. (We would have the same common games record as we are both 2-0 in our uncommon games.)

Versus Cardinals, we all know a sweep of them is required to even discuss tie-breaker with them!

RunTheBall

Reaction score
BlueTalons":h9jcz0it said:
And, as it all works out, BECAUSE we are so back heavy on the division games, in order for any tie breakers to take place in the division (meaning we have to WIN games to get to a tie-breaker,) we would win in almost all cases.

Niners already have two division loses to our 1 and a split with them would give them at least 3. And since we realistically need to win at least 4 games and the Niners have to win AFC games to keep up, I like our chances in a conference tie-breaker. (We would have the same common games record as we are both 2-0 in our uncommon games.)

Versus Cardinals, we all know a sweep of them is required to even discuss tie-breaker with them!
Niners actually went 1-1 in uncommon games (Vs. Chicago Loss, @NO Win) so if we were to finish tied with them with the same divisional record they would win the tie-breaker. Basically we need to win 4 of our 5 remaining divisional games.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
RunTheBall":6kqztvfh said:
BlueTalons":6kqztvfh said:

Niners actually went 1-1 in uncommon games (Vs. Chicago Loss, @NO Win) so if we were to finish tied with them with the same divisional record they would win the tie-breaker. Basically we need to win 4 of our 5 remaining divisional games.
Yeah....you're right. I guess it just seemed like Santa Clara won that game as they a big lead late in the game.

Bottom line....we will know this time next week where we stand!

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2ru28o75 said:
Eagles going 12-4, LOL! Seahawks only winning 9 games? I'd love to take a bet on this crap. No way in hell the Eagles win 12 games.
You happy pehawk? Feel free to quote other predictions I have made. Make my day. Also notice I posted this RIGHT AFTER the Chiefs loss. I clearly know nothing.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Eagles getting 12 wins

HAHA-LOL-GIF.gif

danp1990

Reaction score
I could give 2 sh$ts to what Lions do, we have the upper hand on them win or loose. because one of them be it the" lions or packers" will finish out at 12-4, and if we win out and get 12-4, NFC North Champ 12-4,& cowboys we will have a three way tie breaker over them.. .But I am not rooting for the Boy's I hope they loose against the Colts.and makes our chances easier to calculate if we win out! Because then it would be Us at 12-4 and NFC Champ for the 1 seed which we trump both Packers and Lions for.at best the Cowboys would be the 3rd seed if they loose today and AZ would be the 5th seed if we win today.Go Hawks!!!