My elephant in the room - the RB situation

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't see many people talking about this but I think it deserves a post.

RB is vital to this offense. In many ways Marshawn is more important than Russell to executing Pete's offensive philosophy.

This is why we drafted heavily and developed 2 young RBs to take over for Marshawn in the even he was getting old or began to falter. RB depth was great but then one got injured and one got traded away.

Suddenly, we are starting an undrafted rookie with a 34 year old vet, who we signed at the last minute, is his back-up.

Moreover, the Marshawn injury doesn't seem like it sprung up - he has been hampered by injuries dating back to last year.

So here is my beef - we developed this dynamic 2nd round pick for three seasons and just before we would have needed him most (and basically fulfill the entire reason we drafted him) we trade him away for a song. I understand he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but I just see this move as a giant lack of foresight. We didn't even let him fail. We just assumed he would and gave him away. This move still boggles my mind.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Michael never got it and was a turnover machine. Seahawks never developed CM becuase CM was unable to develop

Not much of an elephant.

big bummer Jackson got hurt though.

Giblien

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3btr1e7w said:
So here is my beef - we developed this dynamic 2nd round pick for three seasons and just before we would have needed him most (and basically fulfill the entire reason we drafted him) we trade him away for a song. I understand he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but I just see this move as a giant lack of foresight. We didn't even let him fail.

CM showed a couple moderate flashes of potential, but that was wiped away by underwhelming performance time and time again...not to mention his fumbleitis. He had enough opportunities to shine, and the filament only flickered. Frankly, I saw more positives out of Rawls this single preseason then I ever did with CM.

It is a bummer that Turbo is hurt as he is a serviceable backup, but CM won't be the reason this season's team underachieves (IF they do). What is VASTLY more important is the performance and cohesion of the O - Line. If that doesn't get fixed one way or another, who lines up behind Wilson won't make a huge difference.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Here's the problem: Michael not only fumbled a lot, but he literally couldn't carry the ball in his left hand. When real NFL defenses (not just preseason ones) get wind of that, he's going to average at least a fumble a game.

So, would you rather have Rawls, who gives a ton of effort, and as an UDFA managed to learn the playbook in 1 offseason when Michael couldn't figure where to go after 3 years, or Michael, who still got assignments wrong, was still having issues in pass protection, and would likely turn the ball over once a game ?

Not cutting Michael and drafting HIS replacement was a calculated risk the coaching staff took going into this offseason. They didn't want to give up on him too early and gave him one last chance, which he couldn't take advantage of, even though Lynch was out much of TC. Michael got the bulk of carries this preseason, and still couldn't beat out a UDFA rookie.

Sealake80

Reaction score
I was going to post similar. Elephant is who are we without 24? No one wants to find out long term but are we headed there sooner rather than later?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think Rawls has looked pretty good. He might not have a good statline from the Lions game but can you blame him when half the time he got the ball there was a defender right in his face

Latest posts