More or Less confident

hoxrox

Reaction score
I feel like the only way we lose this weekend is if the 9ers are aided by the refs or if penalties put us in 3rd and long situations.

13thMan

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":7jnxyu8r said:
The Whiners have one, and only one shot at winning this game: Yellow Laundry. That's it, that's all. Hawks win convincingly with 50/50 officiating and if there's any kind of home field bump from the refs at all, it won't be close.

This is an interesting issue for sure... If Sherm and Co. have to play straight up (i.e. getting flagged for holding, PI, etc.), we may be in trouble.

Anybody know which crew is officiating this game?

SeaChase

Reaction score
Watching the replay now on NFL network and feeling more confident. I know there's a few players different on both sides but the lopsided win at Clink and a close game in frisco has me convinced the Hawks are the better team. All winning streaks come to an end just ask the Patriots..

Cyrus12

Reaction score
6.5...objectively..If Harvin can play a full 60 we have a great chance. Honestly the o-line, RW3 and the receivers need to have a major turnaround. They do and we win..I am not worried about our D and I think the 12th man will mess up Krapper again. We need to get points early and not get shutdown in the redzone as much as previous weeks. I think the people calling for a blowout are a little out to lunch. SF is the most complete hottest team right now and we have seen this before with teams like NY and GB...If the refs play their games then we are in trouble...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
More confident the more that I think about this game.

Write me down for an 8.

jack_patera

Reaction score
this i'll say for sure...and it's probably stating the obvious...but this game will prove to be the best game the 49ers will have played so far in our house...kaep's not gonna look as lost as he has in the past...he's a confident qb right now playing very well leading his team with his arm and his legs...gore's gonna be gore...and i believe crabtree and co will make their presence felt, boldin in particular...

so we better bring it...they have the advantage of going through this last yr and making the big show...our obvious big advantage is of course home field...

i think we win a close one...gauge me cautiously optimistic

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I was a 4 on Sunday. 6 yesterday. 7.5 today.

Who knows?

I'll probably need talking off the ledge later in the week.

13thMan

Reaction score
Good news is, the bottom for me is 4 considering the HFA is probably worth that alone! lol

plyka

Reaction score
To be honest I'm a 5. I thought that NO would be a blowout, and still believe it should have been. But this 49ers team is very concerning to me.

They are balanced on offense. I think their passing is actually better than their running, despite having the lowest number of passing attempts this year. It's not about attempts, it's about efficiency. They have big WRs that have the added bonus of being able to push off against Seahawk DBs. This is a positive they have "earned" by Harbaugh and his constant crying and whining about Seahawk DBs holding/PI. The crying/whining meme has been picked up by the media, so their WRs will get to push off, and our DBs will be penalized.

Secondly, their defense is the 2nd or 3rd best in the league in my opinion. And the STRENGTH of their defense is their front 7 and not their DBs. Unfortunately our strength is not our passing game, especially in the last 5-6 weeks. So can we take advantage of their weakness on defense by passing? I really don't think so.

They have more experience. And their coach is more willing to allow his QB to take more risks. It'll come down to whether their QB makes mistakes or not, because he is going to take more shots/chances.

On a neutral field I'd be a 3 right now, but the CLINK is worth a pick'em 5 --50/50 shot.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1h030hzm said:
About 4. I don't think the week 2 game holds much water at this point. SF is a much better team now and is playing the type of D that gives us fits. I have all the faith in our own D, but I am worried we will be looking at a game where a fluke play or turnover on our side of the field will make the difference. They've improved over each of the last 3 games and have learned to not get cute against the Hawks like they did the last two home games. They play their game, we play ours, I just have concerns about the Hawks putting it in the end zone enough and stringing enough first downs together to take some pressure off the D.

Similar feelings as well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm as optimistic as I was pre-season, begging for this match-up in the NFCCG. After a couple days of reflection, I am less concerned about the offense. We watched a very bland O go against the Saints....and it worked. I have no doubt that if it looks like ML is not going to avg 4-5 YPC (within a reasonable time frame), or if we should get behind in the game, we will deviate from that plan, put less emphasis on the run game, and open things up.

We are better than the 9ers and we are at home. Having Harvin would be huge...but with or without Harvin, we will not be denied a trip to the SB while playing on our home field. Don't even think about it unless it adds excitement to the game for you....it's just not going to happen.

Seattle_Sackhawk

Reaction score

There is no way, I repeat NO WAY, the 49ers come into Centurylink with so much on the line and leave with a victory. This building is still magical for the Hawks, and with so much to feed off that defense is going to be flying all over.

Period.

Reaction score
I was MORE worried about them beating the Lambs in week 17.....(messing up HFA)
I was MORE worried about them beating the Saints last week.....(coming off the bye week and stumbling)
:141847_bnono:

But I also remember the town of Seattle circa: January, 2006
I made my first (and only to date) trip to the city for the NFCCG......(career derailment is the only reason I'm not there now)
For locals who live there 24/7/365 - it might not have made quite an impression, but the "feeling" in that city, at that time, was NOTHING short of a "10"
(by this poll/standards)

Flash forward to January, 2014
There is no way anyone on this board, or in my life association will tell me that that town will be any different come Sunday......
Yes, the players & coaches are different.....and it's a different opponent......(f**k the niners)
But there is a reason why this game is being held IN SEATTLE.
I don't care how the offense has played the last xxx number of weeks - blah, blah, blah.....

I am at peace.....yes, I can't wait for Sunday to come, but I remember that "feeling" on January 22nd, 2006......
TRY TO ENJOY this my brothers - because we're not truly sure how often it happens.....

Our Seahawks WILL WIN this Sunday !!!!
I believe by more that 14....(to answer OP's original post)....BUT, that will happen late in the game to secure the early celebration.

I will put a 10, or a 12, or whatever number you would like - as my confidence is THAT HIGH !!!!
(p.s. - I am also the one who was asking in an earlier thread two weeks ago - for you all to calm my nerves and tell me everything will be o.k.)

No more........

GO HAWKS !!! :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1p6hah85 said:
I'm at a 10. The niners have no shot this Sunday. None. In all seriousness, they might as well not show up. They simply can't win, not in our house. Those complaining about Wilson and the offense have forgotten the faces of their fathers, and more importantly - have forgotten what Russell is capable of doing in the clutch. We are going to win, then We're going to NJ to win the first of several superbowls during Russell's reign.
You've been posting less but your posts now are ca$h money! Love the confidence! Keep pumping up the troops! We got this thing!!!!!! :th2thumbs:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The Niners have had a much tougher road then us. They're human. They have to be a tired squad and not looking forward to coming back to Seattle. I'm at an 8. I'll be very surprised if we don't win this one.

Termite

Reaction score
Let's kick some niners ass. Can't stand living down here if we lose. In Russell we trust.

hawkpride

Reaction score
6 without Harvin, 9 with Harvin.

This is the week that the Hawks offence will reappear. Bank on it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I haven't changed my view much if at all. There is not a stat available to measure the intensity that the Hawks bring on their home field.

I have read and heard all the breakdown from members here and experts. Just like it was with NOLA. Not a single stat matters come Sunday. I think we are going to see a very impressive performance from the Hawks on both sides of the ball.

Latest posts