More or Less confident

HawkStar3

Reaction score
Another early week temperature check. Last week at this time I found that the board was close to unanimous in thinking that the game would be closer but still win. The hawks had their chances to blow the doors off but the game remained close.

On a scale of 1-10
10 being no way we win by less than 14, how you all feeling?

I am about a 6

Less confident than I have ever been.. but think we pull it out. How you guys feeling?

seahawksny

Reaction score
8 also
More confident this week than i was last week. Just dont think Kaepernick will be able to handle sound, nor will Gore be able to run

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
9.5, 10 with Harvin back and if he plays all 4 quarters.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm around an 8. Seattle's HFA is too hard for SF to overcome, IMO. I don't think they get much past double digits until garbage time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Right now ?

6.5 Our offense is regressing in the passing game and sometimes you don't just come out of that funk. We're trending in a bad way.

If we can run the ball well, it will help. I"m not really worried about our defense unless our offense doesn't stay on schedule and makes the defense play the entire game. SF's OL will wear down our DL if they don't get rest. Wilson needs to see and hit open receivers. Our offense is tough to stop when we show good balance and that is predicated on establishing the run early.

It's too early to tell though. If Harvin comes back I'm at an 8. He creates mismatches and SF doesn't have a CB that can neutralize him.

BamKam

Reaction score
Im at a 6 as well. SF is playing great, our offense seems to keep being underwhelming. However, we have the formula to beat the 49ers and it is in Seattle. Even on this tear that the national media keeps talking about we only lost to them on a game winning drive in their house, they had all the motivation in the world for that game.

We have all the motivation now, we lost to them last time and are pissed off. I just hope we don't get overconfident because of what has happened the last few times at the Clink. SF might jump out to an early lead and we will have to be ready to answer. Hawks in a close one 24-20.

OP
OP
HawkStar3

HawkStar3

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":yaesyzb4 said:
I'm at a 10. The niners have no shot this Sunday. None. In all seriousness, they might as well not show up. They simply can't win, not in our house. Those complaining about Wilson and the offense have forgotten the faces of their fathers, and more importantly - have forgotten what Russell is capable of doing in the clutch. We are going to win, then We're going to NJ to win the first of several superbowls during Russell's reign.

Attachments

• serious.jpg
    serious.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,766

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm a 7. I'd be higher, but SF has played pretty well on the road of late, which shouldn't be discounted, and our O isn't quite clicking like it could. That said, we do a good job of limiting both Kaep and Gore in our house, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
5, worried cause it's a big game.
The fact that it's the Niners doesn't add any extra worry to the equation. I'd be as worried if we were playing Carolina honestly.

Also, I am hoping that Harvin is okay to play, he is like Rice in that he'll sacrifice himself to make a difficult catch which either he'll bounce back up after a big play or get hurt. :( I don't want anymore injuries if we can win it for the Superb Owl.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Geez, looks like I will be the lone Debbie Downer. As of today with no Harvin or KJ update, Im sitting about a 3.

Its CRUCIAL we get both of them back. If so, Ill be about a 6.5.

2_0_6

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3jp54heb said:
HawkStar3":3jp54heb said:
peachesenregalia":3jp54heb said:
I'm at a 10. The niners have no shot this Sunday. None. In all seriousness, they might as well not show up. They simply can't win, not in our house. Those complaining about Wilson and the offense have forgotten the faces of their fathers, and more importantly - have forgotten what Russell is capable of doing in the clutch. We are going to win, then We're going to NJ to win the first of several superbowls during Russell's reign.

I'm 100% serious. they have no shot at all of beating us this weekend.

None.

I love your confidence, but I just cant agree with you on this.

TJH

Reaction score
I'm at about a 5 with this garbage high-school passing game.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Leading to week 2:

Pros:
Our last meeting with Niners was 42-13
Niners were missing Crabtree
Our Home Opener, 12thman = Pumped

Cons:
We have not played against Boldin
Offense looked weak against Panthers
Missing Percy Harvin

This Sunday:
Pros:
Last two home games against Niners we kicked their butts
12th Man will be pumped as ever
Defense lookeing better than it ever has
Marshawn looked to finally get his run game back
Cons:
Last meeting against Niners we lost (close one though)
Missing Rice AND potentially Harvin
Offense looking week the past 5 weeks.
Niners have Crabtree AND Boldin
Niners hottest team in playoffs right now

Given all the above. My confidence level is at a 5 maybe even 4. If we get good news about Harvin, my confidence level shoots up another 2 maybe even 3 points.

I'm excited and a nervous wreck waiting for Sunday.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2h248jmf said:
I'm a 7. I'd be higher, but SF has played pretty well on the road of late, which shouldn't be discounted, and our O isn't quite clicking like it could. That said, we do a good job of limiting both Kaep and Gore in our house, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

That's about where I am. Maybe 7.5.

kidhawk

Reaction score
My positive side is a 9 and my negative Nelly is only registering about an 8, so I'm pretty good with this. Sure the Niners are playing better. Sure they beat us in their house, but they only beat us in their house because Gore was able to break off a huge run late in the game. I don't see that happening in our house. I don't see it being a blowout but I'm pretty confident

Latest posts