Mike Solari is back as Offensive Line Coach

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3awnbd7d said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3awnbd7d said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3awnbd7d said:
Mike Holmgren was on 950 with Softy and recommended Seattle go back to Solari.

Maybe the Hawks' brass actually took note??!!

Bring in Walt as an assistant/consultant and you may have something here.

If you watch his "coach it up" video Solari talks about how important it is to have to O-Line coaches. You may be onto something.
*Raises beer* Dilly, dilly!!"

*two O-line coaches

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":34g6tq66 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/953051339122077696[/tweet]

Talk about a wishy washy tweet. That could be said about damn near any coach. :snack: :snack:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
We pretty much have to wait and see who's going to join the rest of the band before we know how it's going to sound.

That goes for offense and defense. :les:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Condotta has been Debby Downer this off-season. I'm really excited about losing the dead weight and seeing this new coaching staff come together. No more tug of war between the egos of Bevell and Cable. We are getting coaches who are single-minded in their vision for a balanced, diverse, and fundamentally sound offensive attack. It's like a beautiful dream that is finally coming to fruition.

Fade

Reaction score
Good Hire. I'd give it a B.

Going from Cable to Solari is going to have most fans feeling like it's an A+ though. Cable has set the bar so low.

I questioned if Solari was any good during the 08 & 09 seasons, but he has gone on to do a lot of good work since then.

Good hire.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm ok with this hire because I subscribe to the ABC theory of O-line coaches...ABC-Anybody But Cable!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":13on7ybr said:
I'm intrigued to see what he does with Fant.

He could look to upgrade him with an actual football player. It'll be interesting what happens to Cable's projects going forward.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3cma01pi said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3cma01pi said:

He could look to upgrade him with an actual football player. It'll be interesting what happens to Cable's projects going forward.

We can only hope!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
This is kind of cool.

Pete Carroll and Mike Solari both worked at assistant coaches under Head Coach George Seifert with the 49ers in '95 and '96, while Ken Norton Jr. was a first team All-Pro MLB.

5rfkFk5

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2n8jhkna said:
This is kind of cool.

Pete Carroll and Mike Solari both worked at assistant coaches under Head Coach George Seifert with the 49ers in '95 and '96,

It is the opposite of cool. It shows that he is just calling one of his buddies and not the best coach available.

jake206

Reaction score
Solidifies feeling that Schottenheimer was 1st choice after all.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
sdog1981":1a68630l said:
hawknation2018":1a68630l said:
This is kind of cool.

Pete Carroll and Mike Solari both worked at assistant coaches under Head Coach George Seifert with the 49ers in '95 and '96,

It is the opposite of cool. It shows that he is just calling one of his buddies and not the best coach available.

Not sure if they were "buddies," but there is a track record of success. When you have worked with someone, it gives you more insight into their skill level.

toffee

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2v6787ya said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2v6787ya said:

Trade Cable's project to Raiders for picks?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Nah. I actually this is a fairly solid hire. Solari's been around the block. Think about it -- the dude's been coaching NFL offensive lines since 1981 (37 years). He's steeped in both man and zone blocking principles. He's coached offensive lines that have paved the way for guys like Herschel Walker in Dallas ... Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson in Kansas City ... and Frank Gore with the 49ers.

He knows and has worked with Carroll and with Schottenheimer's dad, so there is a familiarity there in knowing exactly what it is those guys are looking for. Again, chemistry and being on the same page I think goes a long ways.

First gut reaction -- again, I like this hire. We'll see once things really get going, but on the surface, I like the hire of Solari. Definitely better than Cable IMO.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2emkevhh said:
Nah. I actually this is a fairly solid hire. Solari's been around the block. Think about it -- the dude's been coaching NFL offensive lines since 1981 (37 years). He's steeped in both man and zone blocking principles. He's coached offensive lines that have paved the way for guys like Herschel Walker in Dallas ... Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson in Kansas City ... and Frank Gore with the 49ers.

He knows and has worked with Carroll and with Schottenheimer's dad, so there is a familiarity there in knowing exactly what it is those guys are looking for. Again, chemistry and being on the same page I think goes a long ways.

First gut reaction -- again, I like this hire. We'll see once things really get going, but on the surface, I like the hire of Solari. Definitely better than Cable IMO.

This may be the most balanced explanation I've seen anywhere.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Don't know much about him but like that the hired a rugged old line coach to get these whipper snappers into shape. At 62, I wonder if he still has the fire in him though. There is a lot of work that needs to be done this off season. More excited about this hire than Schotti though. The more coaches that get signed, the more excited I am about next season. Win or lose, I like that there is change happening.