Mike Rob Cut?!!!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Baltimore did the same thing with Vontae Leach last year. It was a cap move all the way. Resigned him a couple days later at a much more manageable salary. I wouldn't count Robinson out just yet.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
We also have to remember that Mike rob helped Russell with the pass protection calls last year.

titan3131

Reaction score
the bottom line is that mrob fought tooth and nail to gain his way to 240.

being sick for as long as he has been he is going to be down a minimum of 20 lbs and even 4 0if it was serious enough.

No amount of skill or technique can overcome being that light.

he just has to get back on that HGH and hope he doesnt get popped for peds.

Cartire

Reaction score
titan3131":1xvbzmem said:
the bottom line is that mrob fought tooth and nail to gain his way to 240.

being sick for as long as he has been he is going to be down a minimum of 20 lbs and even 4 0if it was serious enough.

No amount of skill or technique can overcome being that light.

he just has to get back on that HGH and hope he doesnt get popped for peds.

No HGH testing right now. He can do it all he wants along with half the league with zero repercussions.

Him being legitimately sick is defiantly the factor here. If he did lose ~20 lbs (which is extremely likely given the severity everyone was reporting it to be), then I guess I can see the front offices decision here. If hes going to be out for the first part of the season, and his position isnt extremely pivitol (only 31% of snaps played last year), then making this move is logical.

I still hate it though. Who else would let Beast Mode watch his kids?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Blitzer88":17yzn68i said:
We also have to remember that Mike rob helped Russell with the pass protection calls last year.
So Robinson shares more of the blame for Russell having to always run for his life?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2oymshpk said:
You also have to take into account the great connection Robinson and Lynch had with each other. Robinsons ability to pick up a certain man and Lynch's ability to read where Robinsons going to block was pretty amazing and will be hard to duplicate

When Lynch's best buddy Justin Forsett was cut everybody was like, "oh no!!! What about Beast, he's not gonna like this!!"

And it had zero impact.

I suspect next offseason we'll be saying this had zero impact on Beast as well.

Renohawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know what MRob illness is? For the past several weeks, every time someone asks Pete a question about M Rob and his illness, he gives this smirk saying he's getting better and wouldn't elaborate further. Just the way he would respond gives me the impression is was something serious.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The guy was cool but FB is basically getting phased out of today's game. Maybe they resign him at a lower contract? Could happen but I kind of doubt it.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm actually going to address a comment in kearly's postgame thread that I didn't comment on at the time, but think is relevant here too.

kearly":3nz2odml said:
Good post. My only quibble is the running style comment. I don't think Turbin even makes reads after the handoff, he just executes the assignment every time and often that is not a good thing. Lynch is making reads after the handoff on every carry, it's a major reason he's as good as he is. Michael has the same talent, but it's true the he made some poor cutback decisions in the final preseason game. Overall though, Michael has beaten some poor run blocking situations this preseason, Turbin has not. Turbin is completely at the mercy of his run blocking. I think if they are picking a #2 RB just on running ability, it's Michael getting the job without question. I think they just like the polish Turbin has in other areas.

I disagree with this being a bad thing completely, Marshawn improved as a player when he stopped making reads and "bought into the system". Those are the exact words of Tom Cable. I can't find the specific article, but Cable said that Lynch came to him and said he was "ready to do what he's told" before he essentially became the league's 2nd best back in the game against the Cowboys in 2011. He said before that Marshawn tended to hesitate and make a few cuts before hitting the whole, but by believing in what the scheme intended, not making reads and doing what the play asked for he found far more success. I think this is the reason Turbo is ahead on the depth chart and it ties into this thread.

I think the loss of Robinson will be HUGE, he is the guy making reads and Lynch is the guy who follows, we all heard last year how Lynch calls Robinson "his eyes", well without him you lose that "follow the scheme" quality that Robinson did, I'm not sure the next guy up will be able to adequately replace him.

I think the virus is probably a bigger factor here rather than the cap hit, maybe Pete does want to evolve our identity somewhat but I think that he'd much rather have done it with an experience veteran and let another guy learn the system rather than just go out there and do it. Fair enough if Coleman/Ware/Bates/whoever is taking up the FB position was playing to Robinson's level, but cutting a better player for cap reasons and potential does not sound like "win forever" Pete

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm really surprised by this. Robinson looked lights-out as a lead blocker last year (to me). I'm sure there's something I don't know, but it doesn't look like Lynch (who likes a lead blocker) will have a traditional battering ram leading the way this year.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Renohawk":3w4mogtm said:
Does anyone know what MRob illness is? For the past several weeks, every time someone asks Pete a question about M Rob and his illness, he gives this smirk saying he's getting better and wouldn't elaborate further. Just the way he would respond gives me the impression is was something serious.

Ive been curious about it as well. Havent been able to find anything online. Must be pretty serious though, obviously.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Why so much hate for Hawkblogger? He knows a lot more about this team than most on this board. He has the balls to make unpopular predictions about players, and he is right most of the time. Plus he's a good writer who puts a ton of time into his blog and writes about things that you won't find anywhere else. Just because he was right about cutting MRob doesn't mean it's his fault he's gone.

themunn

Reaction score
chevelle03":1vsjcspf said:
Why so much hate for Hawkblogger? He knows a lot more about this team than most on this board. He has the balls to make unpopular predictions about players, and he is right most of the time. Plus he's a good writer who puts a ton of time into his blog and writes about things that you won't find anywhere else. Just because he was right about cutting MRob doesn't mean it's his fault he's gone.

Basic he's not right most of the time, and when he's wrong he refuses to accept it. Then when he IS right, he becomes an insufferable pain in the arse.

Go back and read his posts regarding Wilson and Flynn last year. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if had Flynn came in and looked good for the Raiders this year he'd still crow on about how we should have kept Flynn over Wilson. Stubborn to the end

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I see a lot of words like "if" and "unless" and "probably" in this thread. I understand people's angst and frustration, but I don't feel any of it. I am in 100% wait-and-see mode -- I am certain there will be more information coming out in the next week or two that will shed a lot more light on this and give it a context that we don't have now.

Back when I actually watched the news, I had a personal policy of waiting a week to read about any major story that broke. I figured that nobody really knew anything at first, and it would take about that long to fill out the story with facts, context, and confirmation. So it's easy for me now to sit back and chill, and wait for more info.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
chevelle03":80x95ap3 said:

Welcome to .Net, Hawkblogger!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawkblogger has his own name on here, I'm sure he sees the hate and thinks its envy. It's really cuz he like Flynn more than the great one Russell Wilson.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Coaches have this planned out. I'm kind of hoping they phase the FB out completely. Say what you want, Robinson punished defenders as a lead blocker. No one else is close to that level, so drop Coleman - an average player on his best day - and keep another versatile back like Ware. I'd rather they scheme around the FB, motioning TEs and H-Backs for the extra blocker. I think Carroll and Cable would prefer not having lesser players filling in either.

CANHawk

Reaction score
themunn":271heg4d said:
chevelle03":271heg4d said:

Basic he's not right most of the time, and when he's wrong he refuses to accept it. Then when he IS right, he becomes an insufferable pain in the arse.

Go back and read his posts regarding Wilson and Flynn last year. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if had Flynn came in and looked good for the Raiders this year he'd still crow on about how we should have kept Flynn over Wilson. Stubborn to the end

yeah, i appreiate his efforts but when it coms o makng roster predictions hes more or less incarcerated bob.

hes already pontificating about how golden tate wont be back next year...