Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson not quite among top tier of QBs

Seymour

Reaction score
So for JF to succeed he needs to be more like Russell yet Russell is not top tier, so where does that leave Johnny? Sounds to me like he doesn't care much for Johnny and they both have 1 foot out the door. :3-1:

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1b47ay6t said:
Man I hope Russ drops 6 TDs on them and he gets asked about his comment during his post game presser.

"I don't focus on all that. We have some great playmakers on this team. They did a great job today especially Baldwin & Lockette who is not playing like a rookie. Our defense did a great job and Brown, Jackson, & those guys running the ball...."

Seymour

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1u8t4kgm said:
hawksfansinceday1":1u8t4kgm said:
Man I hope Russ drops 6 TDs on them and he gets asked about his comment during his post game presser.

"I don't focus on all that. We have some great playmakers on this team. They did a great job today especially Baldwin & Lockette who is not playing like a rookie. Our defense did a great job and Brown, Jackson, & those guys running the ball...."

LMAO!
100% this.....rinse.....repeat.

Except, NO E.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't think his comments are that bad overall. There is one area I completely disagree with him though: Russell's eyes have always been downfield. There have been times Russ could gain running yards and hasn't because he's looking to pass.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Considering he prefers the prototypical pocket passer, I am not surprised.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Shots fired!!

Meh, let him talk. We'll see whose talking after the game Sunday

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wow if im Bevell, I would let Wilson dominate this game for 300+ yards passing, 100+ yards rushing and go for kill shot after kill shot to the tune of 6 Total TDs for Wilson.

I think Wilson is more dialed than anyone, I cant imagine if he took it to a team on a personal level, especially against a secondary that just IR'd its best player.

But realistically I think Wilson will get his 250 and 3 TDs naturally but this game on offense will be more about Brown, Michael, and Coleman and how they can be utilized in stabilizing this running game going forward.

Polaris

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":k4wr9oqu said:

The actual quote is fairly benign. Even so you are the coach that's about to be fired on a team that is 3-10 and about to go to the house of perhaps the hottest team in the NFC (if not the NFL).

Geez. Talk about opening mouth and inserting foot (or shotgun).

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1wve67x7 said:
CallMeADawg":1wve67x7 said:

Considering Russ is aces from the pocket, I am.

Thus why I wrote "prototypical"

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1yx79juc said:
I think his comments say a lot more about how he feels in regards to his own running QB than anything else.
Yeah, I found it very interesting that he pretty much says the only difference between Manziel and Wilson is experience. I wonder what he is basing it on? To me it just shows why Cleveland hasn't had a decent quarterback since Kosar. Or maybe he just doesn't like his own quarterback because he's not exactly prototypical.

RussB

Reaction score
He cant be serious, this guy doesnt even have a franchise QB and is talking smack about russell wilson. Wilson is going to drop 10 tds on him and his team lol.

Polaris

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3v8lgdi4 said:
CallMeADawg":3v8lgdi4 said:
FlyHawksFly":3v8lgdi4 said:
CallMeADawg":3v8lgdi4 said:

Considering Russ is aces from the pocket, I am.

Thus why I wrote "prototypical"

I believe results trump size, but maybe he is dumber than I thought.

Well the Browns are 3-10 for a reason.......enough said.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seymour":bg3h0usn said:
SeahawksFanForever":bg3h0usn said:
hawksfansinceday1":bg3h0usn said:

LMAO!
100% this.....rinse.....repeat.

Except, NO E.
Yeah I know as well, but I can fantasize can't I?

Crizilla

Reaction score
im sorry but this is hilarious:

0ILNe9e

talk about a small sample size. I love how ESPN tries to make it seem like ManzLEL and Wilson are even remotely close. This is straight up insulting to Wilson. Just....wow.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think a HC in the NFL knows more about the game and players than we all do.So he says RW isn't in the top 4 quite yet.It means he's right after guys that have had many more years experience.I'd say that is fair,it doesn't mean RW won't be in the top 4 in a year or two.I think the guy had it right.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3aoiaba2 said:
IndyHawk":3aoiaba2 said:
I think a HC in the NFL knows more about the game and players than we all do.So he says RW isn't in the top 4 quite yet.It means he's right after guys that have had many more years experience.I'd say that is fair,it doesn't mean RW won't be in the top 4 in a year or two.I think the guy had it right.

You do realize RW is outplaying all of those guys, right now? No need to wait a year or two.
Yes he has been for the last 4 weeks but for all year?Not yet His time in the top 4 is coming soon.

Cartire

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":209f6905 said:
IndyHawk":209f6905 said:
FlyHawksFly":209f6905 said:
IndyHawk":209f6905 said:

You do realize RW is outplaying all of those guys, right now? No need to wait a year or two.
Yes he has been for the last 4 weeks but for all year?Not yet His time in the top 4 is coming soon.

I suggest you look up RW's full season stats compared to the other top QBs.

I think you are both right. But the timeline is the subjective standard here.

I think its fair to claim Brady, Brees, Roths, and Aaron as THE Elite QB's. Yes, they might have a lower-than-normal stretch of game or even a down year. But they have set a standard for a long time and have been consistent, usually posting league high numbers. Rivers and Eli like to play near the Elite Tag some seasons, but they never surpass these guys and drop significantly other seasons. Peyton is an Elite in spirit only at this point. His time is up.

RW is playing like an Elite. He has been pretty consistent throughout his career, with a league high 101.3 (Career) Passer rating, 2nd only to Aaron rogers. Were in year 4. So its safe to say hes been playing close to Elite standards his whole career.

If RW finishes out this season, even just close to how hes playing now, he'll be mentioned by every pundit, fan, player, and coach, as an Elite QB.

Take home the Lombardi this year, RW will ALWAYS be mentioned along side Rodgers and Brady, whenever the term Elite shows up.