Media starting to get it...

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Hell I'm not being whiney I'm only expressing my "non-expert" opinion. Even this devoted homer has low expectations for the season, however these expectations are nowhere as bleak as the experts are predicting.

At present we simply don't know if non-Wilson Seahawks will in fact suck, more will be known before too long. OTOH we also don't know if adding Wilson to Denver will relatively improve that team in their division which is pretty strong.
You're right, we don't know that. Non-biased reporters or experts or personalities or whatever you want to call them have collectively bet on Seattle being in the bottom 8 or so. Instead of realizing the reality of what these opinions are based on, people just call them "experts" and complain about the gigantihuge anti-Seahwaksim that infests journalism at every single level. It can't be that a majority of people paid to talk about football think Seattle will be a bad team, it must be the CONSPIRACY that totes exists for... reasons?

keasley45

Reaction score
You're right, we don't know that. Non-biased reporters or experts or personalities or whatever you want to call them have collectively bet on Seattle being in the bottom 8 or so. Instead of realizing the reality of what these opinions are based on, people just call them "experts" and complain about the gigantihuge anti-Seahwaksim that infests journalism at every single level. It can't be that a majority of people paid to talk about football think Seattle will be a bad team, it must be the CONSPIRACY that totes exists for... reasons?
It's not a conspiracy. It's just lazy. It's easier to slam your hand down and say they suck and just wait for it to maybe not be true and then claim they were lucky or that 'no one' could have predicted their success, than it is to actually do the work. I get it. There are 32 teams. One can't write, research, in depth, the rosters of all of them. I get it. And in today's age, assertiveness, whether right or wrong, gets you clicks and followers. Just means that the majority of the media are just going with popular opinion and after a while, that lazy, unresearched,, entrenched opinion, begins to look and smell like conspiracy, because it functions in almost the same way.

keasley45

Reaction score
And it works both ways. We are unfortunately cursed by the general underlying luke warm opinion of Carroll in the media. So as soon as a star like Russ leaves, the default narrative swings back to the team headed by the Rah rah coach who's message is getting old.

But for years after our defense was good, the media continued to claim we were a defensive juggernaut...

Chris Simms just did the same with the Ravens, picking them to win their game this week because of the quality of their D. A quick look at a game or the stats from last year or the year before would prove that the last thing for anyone to count on in betting on the Ravens is their defense. They were last in the league in ypp. last year. LAST. Yet still, they get credit based on performance from 6 years ago. It's not a conspiracy to keep them relevant. It's just dumb, uninformed reporting

Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It's not a conspiracy. It's just lazy. It's easier to slam your hand down and say they suck and just wait for it to maybe not be true and then claim they were lucky or that 'no one' could have predicted their success, than it is to actually do the work. I get it. There are 32 teams. One can't write, research, in depth, the rosters of all of them. I get it. And in today's age, assertiveness, whether right or wrong, gets you clicks and followers. Just means that the majority of the media are just going with popular opinion and after a while, that lazy, unresearched,, entrenched opinion, begins to look and smell like conspiracy, because it functions in almost the same way.
And it's lazy fandom to gripe away at the fact that our team is going through growing pains (including starting 4-5 rookies) and has no real reason to be ranked higher and just blame "the media".

keasley45

Reaction score
And it's lazy fandom to gripe away at the fact that our team is going through growing pains (including starting 4-5 rookies) and has no real reason to be ranked higher and just blame "the media".

That's funny. Notbsure if that wasbdirected at me but ive been a fan since 1982 and am anything but a lazy. Played football so don't just watch from the couch and blindy root for my team or a player.

Who said anything about growing pains? I'm not one who subscribes to the notion we're in a tear down and rebuild so you've got me confused with someone else. And if you don't understand the general ignorance in the media around this franchise than I suspect you work for them. If you've been a seahaeks fan for any length of time, you've experienced the dismissive attitude toward the team that's based on littke more than repeating the easy narrative. Example : Was it really that big of a surprise that we beat the Broncos in the Sb in 2013? No. Not if you paid attention to the game. But the narrative was what it was. That wasn't blind fan optimism. Nor was it negativity the following year when I thought they'd lose to the Pats.

The media is lazy. They don't conduct scientific research ( although they shoukd know their sh!t to have an opinion and get paid for it), they write and say things to stay relevant and maintain their individual positions. To think that 95% of what you read and watch isn't just a regurgitation of what the last guy said is just ... what it is

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Denver was one player away from superbowl, and they got that missing piece by trading for Seahawks' "first ballot HOF QB".
Hey hey hey…Denver only bought what Wilson was selling…give Denver a break, they are a smart organization….hahahahahahahahahah.

Sucks to be Denver, they bought a two-faced phony that has been figured out by the rest of the league!!!

Pat Mcafee gets it!!!!!!!!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
That's funny. Notbsure if that wasbdirected at me but ive been a fan since 1982 and am anything but a lazy. Played football so don't just watch from the couch and blindy root for my team or a player.

Who said anything about growing pains? I'm not one who subscribes to the notion we're in a tear down and rebuild so you've got me confused with someone else. And if you don't understand the general ignorance in the media around this franchise than I suspect you work for them. If you've been a seahaeks fan for any length of time, you've experienced the dismissive attitude toward the team that's based on littke more than repeating the easy narrative. Example : Was it really that big of a surprise that we beat the Broncos in the Sb in 2013? No. Not if you paid attention to the game. But the narrative was what it was. That wasn't blind fan optimism. Nor was it negativity the following year when I thought they'd lose to the Pats.

The media is lazy. They don't conduct scientific research ( although they shoukd know their sh!t to have an opinion and get paid for it), they write and say things to stay relevant and maintain their individual positions. To think that 95% of what you read and watch isn't just a regurgitation of what the last guy said is just ... what it is
When you’re starting 4-5 rookies abd Geno Smith, you’re in tear down/rebuild mold whether homer fans want to admit it or not. I’ve been a fan since day 1 and I’ve seen how the fan reaction has gotten more and more whiny about the media. It maybe been true in the late Holmgren mediocre at best years through the Carroll rebuild but we’ve been media darlings since XLVIII. Of course it’ll drop off as the team drops off and teams with larger fan bases will naturally get more money since these are peoples’ jobs and that’s how capitalism works. Yet people keep playing the disrespect card more and more and you’re a blind homer if you deny it.

Not everything applies to you or anyone really, but every post in this exchange you still parrot the lazy/conspiratorial anti-Hawk media/NFL/refs rhetoric. It’s tiring and old.

keasley45

Reaction score
QUOTE="FattyKnuckle, post: 2679757, member: 35120"]
When you’re starting 4-5 rookies abd Geno Smith, you’re in tear down/rebuild mold whether homer fans want to admit it or not. I’ve been a fan since day 1 and I’ve seen how the fan reaction has gotten more and more whiny about the media. It maybe been true in the late Holmgren mediocre at best years through the Carroll rebuild but we’ve been media darlings since XLVIII. Of course it’ll drop off as the team drops off and teams with larger fan bases will naturally get more money since these are peoples’ jobs and that’s how capitalism works. Yet people keep playing the disrespect card more and more and you’re a blind homer if you deny it.

Not everything applies to you or anyone really, but every post in this exchange you still parrot the lazy/conspiratorial anti-Hawk media/NFL/refs rhetoric. It’s tiring and old.
[/QUOTE]

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. But just like I said to folks painting fans who thought we might not be terrible this year as blind optimists, I see our team as one who started to 'rebuild' last year. We aren't the cluster some want to characterize us as, needing several years to be competitive again.

But you can certainly believe what you want. That's why they play the games.

keasley45

Reaction score

And I literally said its not a conspiracy, bud. But you do you.

toffee

Reaction score

I beg your pardon, in the past months, I have created a few thread emphasis two Geno, the Jets Geno and Peteball Geno, all backup with figures and logic.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score

Yeah, SB48 should not have been that big a surprise to the media (and someone in the media actually called a blowout for the Hawks, I forget who). Everyone was talking about Peyton and the record-setting Bronco offense, and nobody was talking much about how was Denver's D going to stop our big-time running game and situationally explosive passing game. Also nobody was talking about how noodle-arm Peyton couldn't throw deep. Russell turned in a very good game manager performance, but it was clear the LOB was responsible for the beatdown. The Bevell/Russell goal line choke in SB49 simply highlighted some flaws in Russell's game and the predictability and lack of situational awareness of Bevell.

I have to say it took me a few moments to catch onto the video's repeated "Team three" references, because everybody knows that Russell is only on his second team. Then the light bulb went on, Oh, 'Team 3' as in Russell #3, and his agent, and his entourage. It's their way of saying "The Brand", Russell is all about his "brand", first, foremost, and always.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
That's the nice thing about being a fan. We can be fans as we choose. We can become the smartest in the room. We can proclaim to know it all and speak with prescience of what will come to be. Or we can be lazy fans. Cool huh?

We can be fans who bitch about the coach, the players and organization bemoaning the ineptitude. We can be fans complaining about the refs, conspiracies, and the media bias. We can even be fans who complain and whine about others as whiners.

It sure is fun being a fan. What kind of fan are you?

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, it's not impossible for the Hawks to squeeze into the playoff, and it's not impossible for Broncos to be a game or two shy of making the playoff. If it takes 10 wins to make it, we are 10% there, they are 7 more defeats away from looking from the outside.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
That's the nice thing about being a fan. We can be fans as we choose. We can become the smartest in the room. We can proclaim to know it all and speak with prescience of what will come to be. Or we can be lazy fans. Cool huh?

We can be fans who bitch about the coach, the players and organization bemoaning the ineptitude. We can be fans complaining about the refs, conspiracies, and the media bias. We can even be fans who complain and whine about others as whiners.

It sure is fun being a fan. What kind of fan are you?
A day 1 die hard with objectivity? Not a blind homer with paper thin skin who gets upset when people choose a more talented team to win a game?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nor am I but I rarely root against my team having, albeit at times, a suspended disbelief about how weak they might be.

The only conspiracy theory I have ever bought into was that XL appeared to be fixed.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

and i now present to you exhibit a)

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
A day 1 die hard with objectivity? Not a blind homer with paper thin skin who gets upset when people choose a more talented team to win a game?
Your opinion is certainly valid for you. Hold on tight. How you express yourself as a fan reflects on you, just as how any other fan expresses their fandom reflects on them.

If you believe you are in someway better than another based upon your opinion versus their opinion, have at it.

Some may have an issue with you and that is on them. I will read, perceive, and make judgements based upon what is written here, and whatever I decide to believe is on me.

How people present their opinions will lead to new opinions, so please have at it.

While one may see in himself / herself a day 1 die hard with objectivity, others may see someone with paper thin skin who gets upset when people disagree with an opinion.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Your opinion is certainly valid for you. Hold on tight. How you express yourself as a fan reflects on you, just as how any other fan expresses their fandom reflects on them.

If you believe you are in someway better than another based upon your opinion versus their opinion, have at it.

Some may have an issue with you and that is on them. I will read, perceive, and make judgements based upon what is written here, and whatever I decide to believe is on me.

How people present their opinions will lead to new opinions, so please have at it.

While one may see in himself / herself a day 1 die hard with objectivity, others may see someone with paper thin skin who gets upset when people disagree with an opinion.
Ah, Condescension has entered the chat.

Latest posts