Media starting to get it...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Finally, some in the media are starting to catch on that maybe Russ isn't what he portrays himself to be. Listen closely to the reactions after Pete speaks. I love "the peloton guy" in reference to "Team 3". also, almost under his breath, Pete: "You tell me". LOL

toffee

Reaction score
If we win this weekend, we would have beaten not one but two teams favored to go deep in playoffs. Respects are to be earned, one game at a time, Pete Carroll's team performed their best when media was down on them. Pete's good at turning every slight, every humiliation into energy, it's his thing. So for our team, I hope the media and their experts just keep going negative on us, until one day, they woke up and .... shyt .... the Seahawks with that no name QB are lined up for playoff.

Let's go and beat San Fran.

xray

Reaction score
The media always gets it , they said so .

Aircrew

Reaction score
At the end was spot on: "Alright, F-it, let's go draft someone this year. Let's get this guy the F out of here. It didn't work out, so they were like we got one more year with this guy then let's get him the hell out of here." I am 100% positive that a conversation(s) very similar to that went down between ownership, Pete and John during the 2020 offseason. I am SO happy that people outside of the PNW are starting to figure out the lie that is Russell Wilson's persona and the narrative the "Team 3" people around him manufacture. Something tells me he's going to unravel in Denver far sooner than any of us anticipated.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If we win this weekend, we would have beaten not one but two teams favored to go deep in playoffs. Respects are to be earned, one game at a time, Pete Carroll's team performed their best when media was down on them. Pete's good at turning every slight, every humiliation into energy, it's his thing. So for our team, I hope the media and their experts just keep going negative on us, until one day, they woke up and .... shyt .... the Seahawks with that no name QB are lined up for playoff.

Let's go and beat San Fran.
Denver was predicted to go deep?! They're at best the third best team in their division in the clearly superior conference.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Denver was predicted to go deep?!
not necessarily by us... as soon as the wilson trade was executed many pundits on tv and radio went crazy, anointing the broncos as a serious superbowl contender

They're at best the third best team in their division in the clearly superior conference.
agree

things can change, though

keasley45

Reaction score
Was going to start a thread on this but ill just put this here. Yes. The media is starting to get it and I think Pete feels comfortable speaking on it for the first time. The dysfuntion that Russ brought on the team (that Pete fed) will never be filly known. But from his comments and the obvious statement made by so many players coming back from the championship years, the reality around how good Russ was for this team (or in the end, not) is something that is just now coming into clearer focus.

From ESPN:

On his weekly radio show Tuesday morning, Carroll reiterated his postgame comment that the win wasn't "validating." Instead, he called it "really rewarding," especially for the former Seahawks who were in attendance. That included Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, Cliff Avril, K.J. Wright -- who raised the 12 flag before kickoff -- and other members of their Super Bowl XLVIII and XLIX teams who were teammates with Wilson.

"I didn't need the validation," Carroll told Seattle Sports 710-AM."I just wanted it. I just wanted to win. I wanted to win for all of the reasons that come along with this one. Maybe as much as anything is representing the guys that have played before. It meant a lot to those guys. I was so thrilled to be able to hug those guys up and see them and look them in the eye."

Why did it mean so much to them?

"Eh, you figure that out," Carroll said.

Win lose or draw, it's gonna be fun watching a 'discard' in Geno, captain this TEAM of young, hungry players to however many wins they can rack up.

It's great to have Pete and his 53 men, united again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think we all get it. Now the question is, will we ever start moving away from talking about it? Hopefully at some point, but obviously it's still very fresh in people's minds.
To each his/her own. I'm thinking about a huge game on Sunday.

Seymour

Reaction score
Wow. So is that the same Pete that wanted Russ and not Marshawn to win the SB49 MVP so he passed on 2nd down with 26 seconds left?

Puts to rest that ridiculous notion IMO.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
I think we all get it. Now the question is, will we ever start moving away from talking about it? Hopefully at some point, but obviously it's still very fresh in people's minds.

We have the Broncos draft picks still, how Russ performs is a relevant topic for at least the upcoming season.

keasley45

Reaction score

It's topical and being talked about because it's literally been the elephant in the room, here on .NET and in the Hawks lockeroom. It's the defining element of this franchise for thr last 12 years. We've debated it here for years. Seeing the players live out the reality of it is what gives it prominence and reminds us of how significant it was in everything we saw on the field and behind the scenes.

It's also literally THE fuel that's igniting the fire of the current team. It is THE root of this team that's been dug up and now replanted.

Sure, now that we've moved past this win, the moment of it all can move into the distance. But what it represents to this team won't go away as long as Pete is the coach and we win another Lombardi.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, Go Hawks, and everyone who plays the Bronco's. I SAID that I understand that it's still fresh. Forget it. I'll gladly bow out.

pmedic920

Reaction score
We have the Broncos draft picks still, how Russ performs is a relevant topic for at least the upcoming season.
Valid point, I’d still be happy to watch RW crap the bed this year.

Loved him while he was ours, dead to me now.
I didn’t want to believe that he was a problem of any sorts, I’m coming around though.

Latest posts