Media starting to get it...

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Denver was one player away from superbowl, and they got that missing piece by trading for Seahawks' "first ballot HOF QB".
I don't recall anything resembling that. Almost every story I read mentioned how they were still behind SD and KC in their division, much less the AFC.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Russell would make an excellent corrupt politician. He plays the QB roll well, says all the right things but pretending doesn't cut it in the locker room.

Matt Hasselbeck was not the best QB and may not have been real good for the locker room but he was definitely the real deal.

toffee

Reaction score
Come on, jokes and fun aside. Russ did not play his "A" game against the Hawks, but he did play well enough for his team to win. Far from playing a dominant game, come to think of it, the only thing dominant about Russ on Monday night was his suit and blow tie. He was off and lacking in poise. But he played well enough for his team to win.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Come on, jokes and fun aside. Russ did not play his "A" game against the Hawks, but he did play well enough for his team to win. Far from playing a dominant game, come to think of it, the only thing dominant about Russ on Monday night was his suit and blow tie. He was off and lacking in poise. But he played well enough to his team to win.
No argument here.

I am happy with the direction we went. And to be fair, Denver thought that was the direction they should go.

Exciting future ahead!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I think we all get it. Now the question is, will we ever start moving away from talking about it? Hopefully at some point, but obviously it's still very fresh in people's minds.
To each his/her own. I'm thinking about a huge game on Sunday.
Why are you working so hard to get other people to stop talking about it? You're wasting your energy. Just ignore it. It comes off whiny when you keep complaining about it. It feels like this conversation hurts your soul

Own The West

Reaction score
Come on, jokes and fun aside. Russ did not play his "A" game against the Hawks, but he did play well enough for his team to win. Far from playing a dominant game, come to think of it, the only thing dominant about Russ on Monday night was his suit and blow tie. He was off and lacking in poise. But he played well enough for his team to win.
You're not wrong about that suit and tie.

It turned out to be prophetic though. He tried to be Joe Burrow and came off Gardner Minshew.

toffee

Reaction score
Why are you working so hard to get other people to stop talking about it? You're wasting your energy. Just ignore it. It comes off whiny when you keep complaining about it. It feels like this conversation hurts your soul
it's fun to talk about Russ, I tried to shift and pivot to Geno by started multiple threads about Geno. But in the end, talking about Russ is more fun, he's such a goofy dude :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I frankly don’t think the media will ‘get it’ until the wheels come off in Denver and the limitations of ‘Mr. Unlimited’ are revealed.

As ever it is relevant how well RW does with his Team 3 this season. As recognized above we do have Denver’s picks so I hope they have the wheels fall off that bandwagon. I’m not hating on RW just on the freaking Broncos who have been disliked by me since the Hawks AFC-W days.

Winning thiat game against RW was important for the team to prove to them the team is more important than any single player. There becomes a mentality of “Screw you, we are better than you’all think we are!” When the team is convinced of that they then play better and prove it to themselves and become in reality, just better.

This next game is also very important as they again have a chance to measure themselves against a well known rival and while SF is apparently favoured by 9.5 points with an almost rookie QB. Ther disrespect for the Seahawks team is palpable yet they played a lot better against Denver than many thought they’d play. Once again it is a situation of we are better than you’all think we are for the Hawks.

This will be a fun game to watch as I suspect it will be a lot closer than a 9.5 + point L.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I frankly don’t think the media will ‘get it’ until the wheels come off in Denver and the limitations of ‘Mr. Unlimited’ are revealed.

As ever it is relevant how well RW does with his Team 3 this season. As recognized above we do have Denver’s picks so I hope they have the wheels fall off that bandwagon. I’m not hating on RW just on the freaking Broncos who have been disliked by me since the Hawks AFC-W days.

Winning thiat game against RW was important for the team to prove to them the team is more important than any single player. There becomes a mentality of “Screw you, we are better than you’all think we are!” When the team is convinced of that they then play better and prove it to themselves and become in reality, just better.

This next game is also very important as they again have a chance to measure themselves against a well known rival and while SF is apparently favoured by 9.5 points with an almost rookie QB. Ther disrespect for the Seahawks team is palpable yet they played a lot better against Denver than many thought they’d play. Once again it is a situation of we are better than you’all think we are for the Hawks.

This will be a fun game to watch as I suspect it will be a lot closer than a 9.5 + point L.
The spread has nothing to do with disrespecting a team. Zero. Nada. The spread is whaat bookies think will get people to bet evenly on either side of the line. If too many people take the 9ers, they'll raise the spread. That doesn't mean they think that the matchup got better for the Niners in any way. They just want people to bet on the Hawks too. And it works vice versa. If more people take the Hawks, the spread will go down. This "everything is disrespectful to the Hawks" nonsense has got to stop. It's a broken record and just makes us look whiney AF. We literally (the real kind of actual literal) had the most hyped up game of week 1 minus the TNF starter. The only way it can be that hyped is if the two sides are worth hyping up. The fact that it WAS so hyped proves that Seattle gets hyped in the media as much or more than average.

BASF

Reaction score
The spread has nothing to do with disrespecting a team. Zero. Nada. The spread is whaat bookies think will get people to bet evenly on either side of the line. If too many people take the 9ers, they'll raise the spread. That doesn't mean they think that the matchup got better for the Niners in any way. They just want people to bet on the Hawks too. And it works vice versa. If more people take the Hawks, the spread will go down. This "everything is disrespectful to the Hawks" nonsense has got to stop. It's a broken record and just makes us look whiney AF. We literally (the real kind of actual literal) had the most hyped up game of week 1 minus the TNF starter. The only way it can be that hyped is if the two sides are worth hyping up. The fact that it WAS so hyped proves that Seattle gets hyped in the media as much or more than average.
The NFL is all about storylines. It has become a soap opera for men, because that is what keeps people watching the shows leading up to the games. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks being worth hyping, it has everything to do with what they can make money wise. The storylines from Wilson verse Carroll made them a lot of money. You are correct about the betting and it is exactly the same, it makes them a lot of money to play with the lines to get the suckers to bet.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The NFL is all about storylines. It has become a soap opera for men, because that is what keeps people watching the shows leading up to the games. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks being worth hyping, it has everything to do with what they can make money wise. The storylines from Wilson verse Carroll made them a lot of money. You are correct about the betting and it is exactly the same, it makes them a lot of money to play with the lines to get the suckers to bet.
Soap opera for men. Ha ha, that's pretty funny. Funny but true.
But we aĺl seem to enjoy it. Its been televised longer than Coronation Street!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I wasn't talking just about the spread but the reality is the media is collectively disrespecting the Seahawks. With Wilson according to the media they are good to average, but without him they'll suck. Let's see how things actually play out by the end of the year. I''m not expecting a playoff berth or a SB run but do believe the team isn't as lousy as many so called 'experts' are predicting.

I get how the spreads work as Vegas and Pro Gambling businesses try to manage their sports books and their risk. If the reported news news is all about gambling and controlling risk it is a strange world we live in.

toffee

Reaction score
Was a Russ fanboi before. This forum and the recent media….helped me see the light.

Besides…he’s not a Seahawk…F em!
Like you, I was a Russ fan boy too, probably still am but to a lesser degree, guess we all are or at least were. Whatever said on this forum? Guys could get it wrong too, it's just opinions formed by watching the game and reading articles from media, again heavily influenced by media.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I wasn't talking just about the spread but the reality is the media is collectively disrespecting the Seahawks. With Wilson according to the media they are good to average, but without him they'll suck. Let's see how things actually play out by the end of the year. I''m not expecting a playoff berth or a SB run but do believe the team isn't as lousy as many so called 'experts' are predicting.

I get how the spreads work as Vegas and Pro Gambling businesses try to manage their sports books and their risk. If the reported news news is all about gambling and controlling risk it is a strange world we live in.
Pretty much anyone that says "so called experts" is solidly in the camp I'm talking about.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hell I'm not being whiney I'm only expressing my "non-expert" opinion. Even this devoted homer has low expectations for the season, however these expectations are nowhere as bleak as the experts are predicting.

At present we simply don't know if non-Wilson Seahawks will in fact suck, more will be known before too long. OTOH we also don't know if adding Wilson to Denver will relatively improve that team in their division which is pretty strong.