Media moving in...

0NysV2K.gif

3D Animated Seagulls Yell Mine Mine Mine

Asfs2NC

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2shi89p4 said:
peachesenregalia":2shi89p4 said:
Rob's a journo. He will always side with the media, even over players from his favorite team.

It's pretty sad and pathetic that journalists even have a unified "side," a side that all bands together like the mafia to try to bully their way into getting what they want.

I still remember when Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy went off on a media member for writing an unprofessional article about one of his players, something that by all rights looked like a noble act, and the media immediately goes to work at defaming him as the unprofessional one, etc.

They're a bunch of jackals and very few operate with any sense of integrity. It's lovely that anyone would want to defend such a group.
Yep, there are a bunch of Donkos fans that are clamoring for Marshawn to get nailed with a big fine, he sure as hell doesn't need for one of his own to roll over on him to boot.
Some players are comfortable with talking, and some players are concerned with doing, and yet there are others who are content to do both.
Sherman gets slammed for speaking out, and Lynch get's slammed, AND FINED for saying nothing.
The reactions by the Seahawks fans for the most part, is pro-Sherman, and pro-lynch, while the reactions by non-Seahawks fans are almost unanimously negative, so who (outside the Seahawks fandom) really gives a shit about these assholes that keep prodding.

Giblien

Reaction score
Man, I feel bad for Marshawn. You can tell he is SO uncomfortable with the media attention. I really hope he saves up this frustration and takes it out on the Denver D on Sunday. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to him, but there are moments it almost looks like he is going to start crying. I was a teacher for six years and I saw the same looks on kids faces when they had to give an oral report and were terrified and very uncomfortable.

He isn't doing this out of malice or anything, I think he just feels SUPER uncomfortable with it. It wouldn't be out of the question for him to have a serious/medical anxiety issue.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":27mikat1 said:
Rocket":27mikat1 said:
I wonder if this sh!t is getting to him.
He looked nervous this AM, back to the leg bouncing again.
Thank God for MikeRob.

Sure hope it doesn't spill over to Sunday.

That's the part that bothers me. It's clearly bothering him and it's a distraction (for him). If I were Pete, I'd be in the league's ear about it. Plenty of other guys willing to talk to the media...
Yeah, but you got to admit that the Media douche nozzles ( and probably bronco fans) get to shine, while berating an ALL-PRO eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":mptyme28 said:
Largent80":mptyme28 said:
How many Real Rob Reports did you see M.L. say anything? and that is with his friend and one camera.

It simply is not in his make up.

A few older ones he did. Fans didn't take kindly to what he said.
So...He's damned if he does, and damned if he don't?
Sherman is willing to fill your ears if you want talk.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cboom":374upp26 said:
It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

The way he has conducted himself has been extremely selfish as well. This has become a huge story nationally and has been a distraction from the good attention this team deserves. Same goes for Sherman's immature rant after the last game.
Stupid, stupid post ^
Maybe Marshawn should just give a $100K to shut these assholes up, instead of the charities that he's giving to, because you know that the League would probably put the money to good use, like, lining the pockets of some jillionaire.

piston bully

Reaction score
Just spit balling but I would get the beast to a shrink and get a diagnosis of being an introvert or PTSD from his childhood and then hire the best ADA lawyer he can find and sue the crap out of the NFL if they ever made him face the media again, along with getting any fine back. Getting the Beast to a shrink may not be easy but if he new he would be done with media forever he just might do it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It could be social anxiety, it could be PTSD, it could even be something like mild Asperger's.

What it isn't is anyone's business what medical or psychological issue he might be struggling with if it doesn't impact his ability to do his job on the football field. The NFL just assuming that every player has the ability to stand in front of a crowd and deal with the impact of both the questions (and resulting possible ridicule from questions taken out of context or from the way a player speaks) is ridiculous.

I don't like how this was handled and I think it was done in a way that distracts the team. Our FO should have been aware of the issue and informed the media that because of a medical condition Lynch would not be adhering to the policy, would not present himself and would be paying the resulting fines. However after the SB the Seahawks should have had Lynch file an ADA lawsuit.

There was no benefit to doing the interviews, the media still castigated him and complained as much if not more than had he blown them off entirely. It was something that should never have happened. And no further interviews until after the SB should be forthcoming.

brettb3

Reaction score
I don't think it's that serious. I don't think it's a distraction for Lynch or the team and on Sunday this will all be forgotten.

Polaris

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think the Seahawks thought it was much of an issue, and for that matter neither (based on the press release from the NFL PR department) did the NFL. I think they were both trying to be understanding and simply wanted Lynch to be there and say something.....and he did! (In fact IMHO his interview(s) were the best of media day.)

It's the PFWA, ESPN, and an entire self-entitled class of jackels journalists that are trying to make much more out of it than is there. Notice who is coming to Lynch's defense...his fans, his coaches, teammates, former players, the NFL (and NFL anlysts), and even (increasingly) Bronco fans! It's only the self-entitled media that is sulking because they don't get to feast on Beastmode carcass.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Rocket":112hr53o said:
I wonder if this sh!t is getting to him.
He looked nervous this AM, back to the leg bouncing again.
Thank God for MikeRob.

Sure hope it doesn't spill over to Sunday.

I was thinking the same thing, looked very uncomfortable and anxious. Really hope it doesn't get to him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
cboom":1d3qpty8 said:
It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

The way he has conducted himself has been extremely selfish as well. This has become a huge story nationally and has been a distraction from the good attention this team deserves. Same goes for Sherman's immature rant after the last game.

What's up with Wilson? :lol:

You clearly clearly clearly don't get it.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
-The Glove-":23swapzl said:
HolyCatfish":23swapzl said:
DTexHawk":23swapzl said:
And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."

^This.

The Beast is an intelligent man and knew the tragic possibility existed that he would become rich and famous. Oh the horror!

He can at least man-up and play the game.

I'm sorry, just can't feel bad for him and I don't think he'd appreciate the sympathy anyway. He's a warrior and can stand on his own two feet.

All he does is "man up and play the game."

Meh, by "game" I meant the whole thing, responding to media and being a celebrity. These guys are amazing athletes but they are also entertainers.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":jz6k3trk said:
-The Glove-":jz6k3trk said:
HolyCatfish":jz6k3trk said:
DTexHawk":jz6k3trk said:
And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."

^This.

The Beast is an intelligent man and knew the tragic possibility existed that he would become rich and famous. Oh the horror!

He can at least man-up and play the game.

I'm sorry, just can't feel bad for him and I don't think he'd appreciate the sympathy anyway. He's a warrior and can stand on his own two feet.

All he does is "man up and play the game."

Meh, by "game" I meant the whole thing, responding to media and being a celebrity. These guys are amazing athletes but they are also entertainers.

I'm entertained every time he touches the ball. I was also entertained when he spoke with Deion and the 6 and a half minutes he shut down the media. Obviously, Marshawn doesn't enjoy the celebrity side of the game. I know. I know. "If he doesn't like it, he can find another profession"

Jiggy

Reaction score
Maybe they will ask him riveting questions like "Is this a must win game." ... "Does he prefer NY women or Seattle women" and then finish up with "What would he say to Justin Beiber?"

Yes, these are actual questions being asked. Maybe the NFL should demand more of the media asking pertinent questions then demand the players put up with this crap.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":1w393pnr said:
That was uncomfortable and bordering on cruel. Marshawn is a grown man but some folks don't like talking about themselves and hate the thought of being spotlight rangers. Clayton and the rest of those oxygen stealing douche' bags continuously grilling him on why he doesn’t like to speak to the media or saying things public is pathetic, wreaking of unprofessionalism and evidence of the absence of civility within the industry. Contractual engagements be damned, you surround the guy like he’s next up for the pyramid at Abu Ghraib and are incensed he doesn’t appear happy to talk to you. F you Clayton, your dated predilection for funk and your call for a $100,000 fine. I’m glad Mike Rob was there but that was sickening.

It's unprofessional of Marshawn. The 6 minutes with Dion was enough for me, I enjoyed the candid one on one. If that's all we get, so be it. It was awesome.

He can at least give us 6 minutes or so after a 100 yard game. It's jut not asking a lot at all and they are in fact paid to be "personalities." The strong silent type has been done to death, I want a little more insight into the players that I love and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts