Media, leave Marshawn alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polaris

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":2bsqxu7l said:
It's unprofessional of Marshawn. The 6 minutes with Dion was enough for me, I enjoyed the candid one on one. If that's all we get, so be it. It was awesome.

Sorry but no. Marshawn fulfilled his obligations. The NFL even said he did. It's the self-appointed media elites (PWFA I am looking at you!) that are so bent out of shape that they MADE him come back for more or face a fine and then descended on him like a pack of jackels and that's what happened today.

Clayton needs to get over himself along with a whole lot of other self-important sports media....that really aren't very relevant anymore anyway.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":2ria1pai said:
Hawkalypse":2ria1pai said:
That was uncomfortable and bordering on cruel. Marshawn is a grown man but some folks don't like talking about themselves and hate the thought of being spotlight rangers. Clayton and the rest of those oxygen stealing douche' bags continuously grilling him on why he doesn’t like to speak to the media or saying things public is pathetic, wreaking of unprofessionalism and evidence of the absence of civility within the industry. Contractual engagements be damned, you surround the guy like he’s next up for the pyramid at Abu Ghraib and are incensed he doesn’t appear happy to talk to you. F you Clayton, your dated predilection for funk and your call for a $100,000 fine. I’m glad Mike Rob was there but that was sickening.

It's unprofessional of Marshawn. The 6 minutes with Dion was enough for me, I enjoyed the candid one on one. If that's all we get, so be it. It was awesome.

He can at least give us 6 minutes or so after a 100 yard game. It's jut not asking a lot at all and they are in fact paid to be "personalities." The strong silent type has been done to death, I want a little more insight into the players that I love and support.
"Done to death", really? That's who the guy is, he's not trying to be anything else but himself. This ain't Shakespeare, it's football.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Leave britney alone

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

Really? Has our love of everything Seahawks turned us into THIS?!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":239f7o4n said:
Hawkalypse":239f7o4n said:
That was uncomfortable and bordering on cruel. Marshawn is a grown man but some folks don't like talking about themselves and hate the thought of being spotlight rangers. Clayton and the rest of those oxygen stealing douche' bags continuously grilling him on why he doesn’t like to speak to the media or saying things public is pathetic, wreaking of unprofessionalism and evidence of the absence of civility within the industry. Contractual engagements be damned, you surround the guy like he’s next up for the pyramid at Abu Ghraib and are incensed he doesn’t appear happy to talk to you. F you Clayton, your dated predilection for funk and your call for a $100,000 fine. I’m glad Mike Rob was there but that was sickening.

He can at least give us 6 minutes or so after a 100 yard game. It's jut not asking a lot at all and they are in fact paid to be "personalities." The strong silent type has been done to death, I want a little more insight into the players that I love and support.

But he gave you the 100 yard game, right? Why do you need some words? And I am pretty sure he is paid to get yards, first downs, and touchdowns, not be a personality that caters to your need for insights.

Polaris

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":3igv52tk said:

It's not "love of Seahawks" at least not entirely. I loathe bullies and right now Clayton and the rest of the media are acting like bullies.

I know it and I believe you know it too. [For that matter everyone EXCEPT the media seems to be understanding this more and more.]

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2rc8e4n0 said:
HolyCatfish":2rc8e4n0 said:
Hawkalypse":2rc8e4n0 said:

"Done to death", really? That's who the guy is, he's not trying to be anything else but himself. This ain't Shakespeare, it's football.

Then he can be a man and face the fire. Like has been mentioned, he can be the tough silent type, but he can also show some respect to us. We ARE the media. We sat glued to our TV's or radios and absorbed every delicious second of our brief window into the man. He could be a little more gracious and throw us a bone every once in a while.

Polaris

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":5uh0jrp6 said:
Then he can be a man and face the fire. Like has been mentioned, he can be the tough silent type, but he can also show some respect to us. We ARE the media. We sat glued to our TV's or radios and absorbed every delicious second of our brief window into the man. He could be a little more gracious and throw us a bone every once in a while.

He did. Even the NFL said he did. Some people have real problems facing crowds, and frankly the media has acted like a pack of jackels. I have no sympathy for them.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2kt2pfat said:
HolyCatfish":2kt2pfat said:
Hawkalypse":2kt2pfat said:

But he gave you the 100 yard game, right? Why do you need some words? And I am pretty sure he is paid to get yards, first downs, and touchdowns, not be a personality that caters to your need for insights.

LOL the gazillion of dollars that the NFL is worth annually means they do in fact cater to the fans. Some of those dollars were mine damn it!

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":51xgvjf9 said:
Leave britney alone

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

You keep taking about changing, playing roles and transforming into something....you got a 'metamorphosis' via surgery comin up? As far as your assertion, yeah I'm unashamed of my love for this team and I refuse to apologize supporting the members of my team-particularly when they about to take the field at the SB. You on the other hand...you’re orange and blue is showing. :)

Polaris

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":25umod6n said:
LOL the gazillion of dollars that the NFL is worse annually means they do in fact cater to the fans. Some of those dollars were mine damn it!

If you've followed the social media, the FANS have no problem with what Marshawn has said. Heck a lot of FANS (and not just Seattle fans) felt that he had the best interview and quotes of the day! For that matter so did his coach and the NFL was satisfied.

It's Clayton and his ilk in the PFWA that are acting like self-entitled papparatzi (sp?) They aren't reflecting the fans, merely their own predatory instincts and overinflated egos.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Polaris":2kp87mb1 said:
HolyCatfish":2kp87mb1 said:

He did. Even the NFL said he did. Some people have real problems facing crowds, and frankly the media has acted like a pack of jackels. I have no sympathy for them.

I'm over-ruling the NFL on replay and decided to fine him. I've made note of the fine in my fantasy football league.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
a9uhuvav.jpg

Marshawn! Talk to me! I spent my hard-earned money on your jersey! You are who you are because of US! The FANS! Talk...to...me!!!!!!!!!!

Really...some fans act more entitled than the "media"

Polaris

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":30dnbfwv said:
Polaris":30dnbfwv said:
HolyCatfish":30dnbfwv said:

I'm over-ruling the NFL on replay and decided to fine him. I've made note of the fine in my fantasy football league?

You don't have that authority. Go fish. For that matter the fans have spoken and THEY are happy with him too.

Let me guess....you are a 'journalist'.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":2f37l0ba said:
Hawkalypse":2f37l0ba said:
HolyCatfish":2f37l0ba said:
Hawkalypse":2f37l0ba said:

He engages with the fans that matter, the 12th man. The national media were coming at him like a shylock coming around to collect.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Polaris":3l7inpi2 said:
HolyCatfish":3l7inpi2 said:
LOL the gazillion of dollars that the NFL is worse annually means they do in fact cater to the fans. Some of those dollars were mine damn it!

If you've followed the social media, the FANS have no problem with what Marshawn has said. Heck a lot of FANS (and not just Seattle fans) felt that he had the best interview and quotes of the day! For that matter so did his coach and the NFL was satisfied.

It's Clayton and his ilk in the PFWA that are acting like self-entitled papparatzi (sp?) They aren't reflecting the fans, merely their own predatory instincts and overinflated egos.

Meh, it said it was awesome and I loved it. he talks like kids I grow up with in Tacoma. Loved it so much, I want MORE!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
It's unacceptable for Clayton to demand $100000 fine for a guy who is at least present and trying. Sure it's not to the level Clayton wants but let the NFL who employs Marshawn be responsible enough to identify the problem and new solutions. Claytons 'fear of players setting a new precedence' is Bullcrap when he clearly stated that Lynch should just pay the $100,000 even after Lynch had gone through what he did. Clayton is so heartless when he intimated that Lynch needn't show because he has nothing more to offer but that he just needs to pay the huge fine so to keep the status quo.

edited by Throwdown for inappropriate language

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":39k98r0x said:
HolyCatfish":39k98r0x said:
Leave britney alone

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

You keep taking about changing, playing roles and transforming into something....you got a 'metamorphosis' via surgery comin up? As far as your assertion, yeah I'm unashamed of my love for this team and I refuse to apologize supporting the members of my team-particularly when they about to take the field at the SB. You on the other hand...you’re orange and blue is showing. :)

You're tender and motherly instincts are touching. beast does not need codling. Like a bull, he needs to be jabbed in the nuts by the media to make him angry. ;)

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3d8gm3t6 said:
a9uhuvav.jpg

Marshawn! Talk to me! I spent my hard-earned money on your jersey! You are who you are because of US! The FANS! Talk...to...me!!!!!!!!!!

Really...some fans act more entitled than the "media"

LOL touché!

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":1qmneg78 said:
Hawkalypse":1qmneg78 said:
HolyCatfish":1qmneg78 said:
Leave britney alone

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

You're tender and motherly instincts are touching. beast does not need codling. Like a bull, he needs to be jabbed in the nuts by the media to make him angry. ;)
Yeah I've called a 'Mother' on more than one occassion, disturbing imagery but well played.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":ohmso3co said:
Leave britney alone

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

Into what? A fanbase that gives a damn about the media? Or hearing answers to questions we ALREADY know about 1-2 years ago? We all we got we all we need... Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts