Maybe next year

xray

Reaction score
I know it's just one game ; but after watching all the teams from the NFC west play yesterday ; I have come to a realistic place in my mind that the Hawks will be battling AZ for the 3rd spot . AZ has a surprisingly good D , so that won't be easy either . SF will win the division with LA in second place .

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We need LBs. Not just 1, but probably 3. Not something that happens overnight.
Probably 2-3 years from fixing, considering we also need safeties.

I think we are fighting it out with AZ for 3rd too. But so far AZ looks better than we do.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
We need LBs. Not just 1, but probably 3. Not something that happens overnight.
Probably 2-3 years from fixing, considering we also need safeties.

I think we are fighting it out with AZ for 3rd too. But so far AZ looks better than we do.

How is it the team needs safeties? They already have two out of the top ten paid safeties in the league on the team. Not saying you are wrong, but something is definitely not right with this team and its just not anything new.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We need LBs more than safeties. Probably more than anything else. Safeties should be #2 priority. DL might be #2 but DL is expensive, safeties are cheaper to draft.

(We also need pass rushers but we keep cutting pass rushers because they struggle against the run. So I gave up on that.)

The safety play on this team is horrific. Is it the scheme? A curse? something else? Unsure.
Either way, I don't like Love or Diggs. Diggs was solid, but not recently.
With our CB depth, we shouldn't be struggling like this.

I need better safeties, and Pete's defense pretty much depends on them. We might be paying a ton for safeties but we aren't getting the results we need.

It should be a top priority to fix this after LBs.

Scout

Reaction score
I can't blame the LBs to be honest they did their job to stop the run. But when it is third down the pass rush has to reach the QB or the DBs have to hold long enough to cause a coverage sack.

Worse, you can't have Wagner in space at his age and expect him to guard a WR in zone coverage in the middle of the field. That makes no sense and honestly even if Wagz was 10 year younger it would still be a bad idea to have a LB guarding a WR in space in the middle of the field.

Brooks and Bush looked fine flowing downhill and hitting their gaps. They did less thinking which is why they looked much better than the secondary.

The secondary did a lot of second guessing and thinking while also having communication issues. Also the cushions they gave the Rams WRs was silly given that Justin Jefferson and Tyrek Hill were not lining up out there. And given the Hawks have boundary CBs with size they needed to disrupt the Rams smaller WRs at the line. Also I didn't see any of the DBs playing to the sticks on third and long situations which indicates to me that they are being instructed and coached this way.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
What we really need is a big ole' body in the middle on the D-line! Wait... we just passed on one in the draft for an injured Cornerback (facepalm).