If Marshawn is healthy next game: Marshawn or Rawls

• Marshawn

Votes: 112 52.8%
  • Rawls

Votes: 100 47.2%

• Total voters

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Slow down. It was just one game against the pathetic Niners of all teams. We'll need a larger sample size. I'm sure if Beast played he could have carved the Niners as well.

It's the Niners, people!

Wins against the Niners are not impressing anyone anymore!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3j63k2tx said:
Slow down. It was just one game against the pathetic Niners of all teams. We'll need a larger sample size. I'm sure if Beast played he could have carved the Niners as well.

It's the Niners, people!

Wins against the Niners are not impressing anyone anymore!

169 yards in an away game against a very good Bengals D. If Lynch would have played today and the Cinci game he would not have been as good.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Op probably didn't mean disrespect to Marshawn but it sure can be misconstrued that way.

I say we celebrate Seattle's vaunted 1- 2 punch at running back and not make it an either or proposition.

Lucky us!

I am biased... I consider Marshawn Lynch to be tied or at least up near Largent for greatest Seahawk .

kf3339

Reaction score
IF Lynch was truly healthy you have to go with him. but since he isn't then I go with Rawls. The kid is game!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
If Lynch suddenly is incredibly healthy next week then of course we play him but that's not gonna happen and I'm taking a healthy Rawls over an injury riddled Lynch.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Easy question...... You start Rawls!

Here's why - Beast is not healthy. In the first 4 or 5 games of the season Beast looked slow, slow to the hole, and simply not himself. Then we see a Hammi injury, now an abdominal injury. That is not simple coincidence.

You don't see that with Rawls. Rawls is hitting the holes quick and with a purpose. You can say "well, that 200+ game was against a weak SF D. What about the 170 against Cincinnati? I believe Rawls has earned an opportunity for more carries regardless of what is going on with Lynch.

If this team manages to secure a wild card, It would be nice to see Beast healthier than he is now. Giving Rawls more carries now can only benefit Lynch in the near future this season, however long that is.

Next season is a whole new ball game. For now you play the players that give you the best chance to win. At the moment, that is Rawls!

Willyeye

Reaction score
dbsn2420":amda411p said:
Easy question...... You start Rawls!

Here's why - Beast is not healthy. In the first 4 or 5 games of the season Beast looked slow, slow to the hole, and simply not himself. Then we see a Hammi injury, now an abdominal injury. That is not simple coincidence.

You don't see that with Rawls. Rawls is hitting the holes quick and with a purpose. You can say "well, that 200+ game was against a weak SF D. What about the 170 against Cincinnati? I believe Rawls has earned an opportunity for more carries regardless of what is going on with Lynch.

If this team manages to secure a wild card, It would be nice to see Beast healthier than he is now. Giving Rawls more carries now can only benefit Lynch in the near future this season, however long that is.

Next season is a whole new ball game. For now you play the players that give you the best chance to win. At the moment, that is Rawls!

Just wanted to point out, I'm pretty sure Marshawn had a calf injury before the hammi. Makes your point look even worse for Lynch.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
55 to 45 for Marshawn. I wonder what the voting would be like now?

Optimus25

Reaction score
seabowl":vh63b3db said:
55 to 45 for Marshawn. I wonder what the voting would be like now?

I voted rawls then and now. I was really disappointed he got the back seat vs Carolina when he was clearly the hot hand. Hopefully Pete doesn't make that mistake again. Short term, divisional or super bowl or whenever, rawls starting and lynch hitting a tired defense just sounds dreamy.

Long term, value players like rawls built this dynasty, so unless marshawn is in it for the football and will accept a massive pay cut.... He's no longer worth the risk. Investing ten mil into a suddenly injury prone thirty year old back doesn't seem like Pete Carroll's vision here.

I loved every big play from lynch, and he will epitomize the greatest years of football i will have ever experienced as a fan, but when you strike gold on a replacement like this you go all in to resign the bigger value over replacement guys, like okung, irvin, sweezy, etc.